• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Possible Severe Weather April 22nd-23rd

My mother in law in Shelby said they lost power this morning due to weather. The atmosphere in the HAM is healing fast.
Very fast. Im currently in bessemer on job. And its very windy and muggy. Got a few hours till im off so im hoping i get to go home before stuff starts happening if it does

My mother in law in Shelby said they lost power this morning due to weather. The atmosphere in the HAM is healing fast.
I'm in montevallo and it's just as sunny and muggy here as well. Got a feeling this environment may recover way quick

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got elevated storms in northwest. Southeast of that im guessing theres better potential if storms dont fire until atleast 1-3 Screenshot_20200423-111456_RadarScope.jpg

Good loop. Of the clouds clearing. Is bham nws going to realese a weather balloon soon to see what the atmosphere looks like?

I have the utmost respect for the good people at the SPC, but you do have to wonder if yesterday's huge enhanced expansion was a hiccup in their modeling or a mistake by a forecaster. After all, we are only human. Anyway rain has ended here and skies are thinning a bit, no sun though.

I have the utmost respect for the good people at the SPC, but you do have to wonder if yesterday's huge enhanced expansion was a hiccup in their modeling or a mistake by a forecaster. After all, we are only human. Anyway rain has ended here and skies are thinning a bit, no sun though.

Gotta chalk it up to uncertainty.

They have already cut back the risk area for a second time today. Now it's just a tiny portion of southern GA under a 10% hatched area.

Gotta chalk it up to uncertainty.

They have already cut back the risk area for a second time today. Now it's just a tiny portion of southern GA under a 10% hatched area.

That's a LOT of uncertainty. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that occur. Although I am sure it has, I just haven't seen it.

Yeah, they really cut back today. Let's hope that it doesn't bust again today. Because if can bust once, it can bust again. As in, we do get storms fire later as we get some sunshine from the west...

That's a LOT of uncertainty. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that occur. Although I am sure it has, I just haven't seen it.

Yeah, they really cut back today. Let's hope that it doesn't bust again today. Because if can bust once, it can bust again. As in, we do get storms fire later as we get some sunshine from the west...

Honestly I'm not sure if we're going to get any sunshine at all. In fact, it looks like it's about to start raining here in GSO again. Cloudy and scattered showers until late this evening and then some (very) isolated thunderstorms would be my guess.

Hrrr looks a little ominous. I wouldn't be surprised to see spann in his suspenders by this afternoon. Screenshot_20200423-115717_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200423-115740_Samsung Internet.jpg

No that couplet has been cycling up and down and looks nasty. From what the warning said there is a confirmed tornado with it. BTW, I think the HRRR is still really struggling with everything going on. Radar presentation and actual something seems a miss.

What would be causing the extremely high reflectivity on that bow echo? Would that be hail?

Back