• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Poss severe threat late this week

Had prolly 40-45 mph wind gusts at max, very tropical feel with smaller raindrops but lots of them and wind vs big raindrops, must be from the intense LLvL jet

Holy heck! Just been BLASTED for a good while. Finally, slowing down here. I’m sure @MichaelJ can attest as he’s closest proximity to me. Appreciate the hard work and professionalism from NWS Raleigh. However, missed the mark on this one. Good thing I read GSP and RNK, VA discussion so this came as no surprise. NOT Dissing NWS Raleigh as this is a very dynamic system.

Tornado Warning for Cumberland and Hoke county in North Carolina. Downtown Fayetteville is included in the warning.5A0E0778-C953-4D1F-A335-B9490426E525.png

Tornado Warning for Cumberland and Hoke county in North Carolina. Downtown Fayetteville is included in the warning.View attachment 30432

Still about an hour or two west of me but the line is maintaining and none of the hi-res models really show this still being this strong. Not sure what to expect as this tornado warned section will be what gets my area.

Amazing how this line is just refusing to die off. Three tornado warnings for parts of North Carolina right now.A722F9D0-5651-46F2-AE64-64E7680CA937.png

Tornado warned section should stay south of me but I should catch the northern end of the storms going through goldsboro. Wish they would hurry up. Tired and now I have an awake 4yr old because of the alarms that came over our phones.

Storms moving a little north of east and I'm the little blue dot over by greenville. Pretty sure theres no ground truth to the tornado warning but I may catch enough of this storm to get some strong winds.

Attachments

• 20200112_013636.jpg
    20200112_013636.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 10
Luckily they have weakened and no new warnings as this line approaches me. Should catch the brunt of whatever it is these are packing. Just heard thunder where they had no lightning earlier so maybe a new pulse up in intensity.

Attachments

• 20200112_014534.jpg
    20200112_014534.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 12
Line came together nicely as it hit. Lots of roaring wind just aloft but nothing too horrible at the ground. Gonna guess 35 to 40 at the surface but man the noise had me convinced we were gonna get nailed

Attachments

• 20200112_020609.jpg
    20200112_020609.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 14
This is the remnants of the previously tornado warned storm and it is way more violent than the first storm. Much stronger winds.

Back