• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Poss severe threat late this week

I give myself a B+. I underestimated the overall coverage of the wind and I was seriously believing there would be an elevated tornado threat in SE AL. All in good fun. That is the first event I've followed from start to finish in years.

I'll use it as a crutch when I absolutely bomb the next one.
I know you didn’t even ask lol, but I Give myself a C+, kinda fell into the HRRRs trap of supercells firing out ahead of the line, even if it did have support, hrrr is very known to do that, overall unidirectional flow nearly to the SFC and flow parallel to system made this more of a wind event

I know you didn’t even ask lol, but I Give myself a C+, kinda fell into the HRRRs trap of supercells firing out ahead of the line, even if it did have support, hrrr is very known to do that, overall unidirectional flow nearly to the SFC and flow parallel to system made this more of a wind event

Hey at least you had a good idea that had a little support. I bombed the event last spring bad. I paid for it too with a nice supercell that dropped a tornado a mile from my house. I won't ever forget that day, almost tied with April 27 as far as discrete supercell go. Just produced weak tornadoes thank goodness.

Going to need some warnings East of Asheville NC. Looks like line strengthened East of the city.

NC gonna be surprised imo. Not often does a line survive the mtns, after dark, in middle of January, and restrengthen.

Many trees coming down across western NC. Brace for impact Wilkesboro, Hickory, Statesville and Winston-Salem. Huge wind.

This is my house in the background with a funnel cloud. This is near Union Grove about a mile or so from Brindlee Mtn Primary that has severe damage. Several friends in North Arab have damage too.Screenshot_20200111-143749_Facebook.jpg

Tens of thousands of homes/businesses without power on Duke Energy in NC. And this was before the line started restrengthening. Esp. Henderson County, NC looks hard hit.

Tornado watch extended eastward to include Statesville and other nearby cities.

This thing is really ramping up in the upstate..wow..I’m behind the line now but damn that was a dicey couple of minutes

Storms are moving 70 to 75mph. Unreal. Thats the one thats warned right now per nws on the tv crawler

Tornado warning for Chester, Union, and York county in South Carolina.

EDIT: Second Tornado warning issued for couplet just to the south in Fairfield and Newberry county.A3A3A623-A02C-46A9-A497-67B22AEEEFA2.png

Well, the storm came and went. Actually weakened again in the southern areas of the line thankfully. Hopefully it isn't too bad northeast of here, there's still an area that looks nasty.

Back