• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. There is no true proof that is what worked. I tend to believe it did but I remember not long ago many on here were screaming. Trump waited to long to close and sip America. So what Trump did worked. That is what I would expect to hear now. Yet I don’t hear that at all. He still failed is all I hear Still.

States shut down not trump. Why would trump get any credit for that? In fact trump tried to say he had authority to reopen states and then had to backtrack.

The lockdowns worked in preventing slowing the spread.

States shut down not trump. Why would trump get any credit for that? In fact trump tried to say he had authority to reopen states and then had to backtrack.

The lockdowns worked in preventing slowing the spread.
Lockdowns I would say did along with warmer temps and sun.

Interesting story here at Waffle House. At full capacity they pull 3700 a day. They are pulling 3500 a day at half capacity.

Place your bets will this model be right?

We will hit 100k deaths by June for sure 100%. As far as accelerating I guess time will tell but these models havent been reliable and change constantly so we will see.

I'm sure some have been called covid and werent. This notion of widespread unrelated deaths is nonsense. Last week i linked the local obituaries that had 40 people from May 1st to May 10th and not 1 single death was attributed to covid not 1.

Hmmmm.... Colorado has done an investigation. Lowered Covid deaths 20 PERCENT !! That's a HUGE difference.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... Colorado has done an investigation. Lowered Covid deaths 20 PERCENT !! That's a HUGE difference.

Scroll down to second to last article. I can't get the link to post for some reason.

I read several articles from local news agencies in Colorado and it seems they have just broken it into 2 groups covid related and covid but the numbers stayed 1100+ deaths. I'll have to do some more reading on it later.

Meanwhile the hydroxichloriquine seems to have killed more people than it helped.

Meanwhile the hydroxichloriquine seems to have killed more people than it helped.

From a comment below this:

“This story leaves out some key facts such as: Patients were much older. Patients were in later stages of Coronavirus when they finally received the meds. Most had underlying previous conditions.”

In other words, wasn’t this drug prescribed mainly to more severely ill patients than the average COVID patient? If so, that alone would skew the results to look worse.

I read several articles from local news agencies in Colorado and it seems they have just broken it into 2 groups covid related and covid but the numbers stayed 1100+ deaths. I'll have to do some more reading on it later.

Another comment from this very poorly written article:

"Numerous problems here. 1. This is an independent article. 2. Hydrochloroquine was taken either with a zpak , zinc, or both. When you treat a cancer patient who is stage 4, the odds are not very good for survival. The time line when you treat someone with covid-19 is also important, and what are or were there any other underlying conditions.

From a comment below this:

“This story leaves out some key facts such as: Patients were much older. Patients were in later stages of Coronavirus when they finally received the meds. Most had underlying previous conditions.”

In other words, wasn’t this drug prescribed mainly to more severely ill patients than the average COVID patient? If so, that alone would skew the results to look worse.

Yeah. The same with the guy in France who gave it to mostly mildly sick people and they all recovered.

Another comment from this very poorly written article:

"Numerous problems here. 1. This is an independent article. 2. Hydrochloroquine was taken either with a zpak , zinc, or both. When you treat a cancer patient who is stage 4, the odds are not very good for survival. The time line when you treat someone with covid-19 is also important, and what are or were there any other underlying conditions.

So what's the point of the medicine? Give to early or mild cases that werent likely to progress anyways ir give it as a last ditch effort to save a life but then they end up doing anyways?

So what's the point of the medicine? Give to early or mild cases that werent likely to progress anyways ir give it as a last ditch effort to save a life but then they end up doing anyways?

I don't know the answer and won't pretend to. Simply throwing out a poorly written article just to get your headline out there is questionable. They gave very little information as Larry pointed out as well. I've seen you lash out at other posters for using terrible sources.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer and won't pretend to. Simply throwing out a poorly written article just to get your headline out there is questionable. They gave very information as Larry pointed out as well. I've seen you lash out at other posters for using terrible sources.

So, it may only look worse because of it being given to more severely ill as per my post/poorly written article. But it may not be helping either as Trump was touting. Maybe it is neutral on average. The jury is still out.

So, it may only look worse because of it being given to more severely ill as per my post/poorly written article. But it may not be helping either as Trump was touting. Maybe it is neutral on average. The jury is still out.

Yeah the link I gave was just parroting a Washington post article.

Certainly it can be argued that restrictions on church gatherings by the state are an infringement upon our first amendment rights. This is especially true for Christian churches because the biblical word for church literally means "the assembly" or "assembling together." A church that does not gather is in fact a contradiction in terms. But my church, as well as most other churches, have complied with such orders because we recognize that we also have a duty to submit to the governing authorities within certain limits (Romans 13:1). But when the government begins to make exceptions to its own rule--for instance Hobby Lobby in our state--then that becomes a problem. Hobby Lobby or the liquor store--or you name it--does not share the same constitutional rights that are guaranteed to people of faith. If hundreds of people can pack Hobby Lobby, churches should also be granted the same right.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting with regards to "Sharia law." But I will say this: Baptists are the primary reason why we have the so-called "separation of church and state." In colonial America, most colonies had their own state sponsored church. For some states it was the Anglican church; for others it was the Congregationalist church; etc, etc. Baptists did not have such a state church, and thus they were routinely persecuted because they did not subject themselves to the state sponsored churches. Several Baptist statesmen were influential in securing the first amendment rights to the free exercise of one's faith and the prohibition preventing the government from establishing a state church. I say all of that to say this: as a Baptist and an American I believe strongly in allowing any person of any faith the right to practice their religion (within certain limits of course). We believe in the doctrine of soul competency, which basically says that God does not make machines. Every person has the free will to choose to worship God or not. Faith cannot and must not be forced.
I mean it sounded like you were opposed to laws that restricted some aspects of practicing a religion yet supported others that enforced respect to certain tenets of a certain religion, which would be a prime example of hypocrisy. But it turns out that's not what you were professing, so I apologize.

We can let the Michigan terrorists continue their terror there, interfering with the elected representatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back