• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the pro-Trump folks would say if the Dow were to end up over 1K, one of the largest point gains ever, on the day after Biden's great Super Tuesday.

I'm waiting to see if @Rain Cold is going to try for a 3rd Bojangles dinner in just 4 trading days.
There was an awesome job report today to add for the gains

If frogs had wings...

Last election is over; this one will be very interesting to say the least.

Sure but Trump has not gained ground with any group of voters really, he has his base and a few others...but at the end of the day he has not won over a bunch of people if anything he has lost quite a few.

Sure but Trump has not gained ground with any group of voters really, he has his base and a few others...but at the end of the day he has not won over a bunch of people if anything he has lost quite a few.

Respectfully disagree, some of my Democrat friends think the party has gone off the deep end; even with Biden being the potential nominee. In the end the election will tell us which direction the country has chosen.

Another way to look at this is to ask how Trump was able to win if Obama really did have a 58 percent approval rating? You can argue just as much that Trump was able to win because a large percentage of the US population was disgruntled with Obama and the Democrats despite all the polling saying otherwise.

Obama was divisive in his own way and I do believe that he got a pass on it from the media, but in the end the American people saw it for what it was worth. Just my 2 pennies as an independent conservative.

Obama was divisive, but he ended on a strong note popularity wise.....see my post above Trump won basically because the black vote stayed home and some rust belt Dems went with him in WI/PA/MI in 2016....those 3 states put him in the WH and they did it by a combined 80k votes. Trump lost the popular vote by the largest margin ever for aw winning president...

Really Hillary shares most of the blame she was flat out the worst candidate EVER, anyone the GOP ran would have beat her and most would have do it by more than Trump did.

Respectfully disagree, some of my Democrat friends think the party has gone off the deep end; even with Biden being the potential nominee. In the end the election will tell us which direction the country has chosen.

The data suggest otherwise...Trump support among independents is lower, same with Democrats....if it is Biden Trump is in real trouble. Trump has to win NC/OH/FL and Biden will put every one of those in play.

Why would being associated with a president that had a 58% approval rating when he left office be a bad thing.....you guys project your dislike off Obama to everyone, Trump has never and will never have a approval rating as high as Obama or W or Clinton.....you guys way under estimate how sick of Trump's crap people are. The Dems are fired up and its going to take a lot of luck for Trump to beat Biden....that's just the facts. The GOP had their chance to ditch Trump and get someone else but they passed and now they gonna have to hope Trump pulls it out.

Say what?
1583355615747.png

Obama was divisive, but he ended on a strong note popularity wise.....see my post above Trump won basically because the black vote stayed home and some rust belt Dems went with him in WI/PA/MI in 2016....those 3 states put him in the WH and they did it by a combined 80k votes. Trump lost the popular vote by the largest margin ever for aw winning president...

Really Hillary shares most of the blame she was flat out the worst candidate EVER, anyone the GOP ran would have beat her and most would have do it by more than Trump did.

The polls didn’t say that? All the polls had Clinton winning Easy. The black vote stayed home because they didn’t have a black candidate. Stats show this every year about the black votes here in Georgia. Trump has done fairly well with the voting black voters. Just look at the unemployment rate for the African American people it’s really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The data suggest otherwise...Trump support among independents is lower, same with Democrats....if it is Biden Trump is in real trouble. Trump has to win NC/OH/FL and Biden will put every one of those in play.

Republicans always have to win more states than Democrats. It’s a system flaw that Dems have a advantage.

I wonder what the pro-Trump folks would say if the Dow were to end up over 1K, one of the largest point gains ever, on the day after Biden's great Super Tuesday.

I'm waiting to see if @Rain Cold is going to try for a 3rd Bojangles dinner in just 4 trading days.
It has more to do with Comrade Sanders chances dwindling then it does Biden great Super "Thursday". Come Nov. 4th if Biden wins, markets will fall hard

It has more to do with Comrade Sanders chances dwindling then it does Biden great Super "Thursday". Come Nov. 4th if Biden wins, markets will fall hard

I agree. I meant great Super Tue because it sharply reduced Sanders' chances. I've been saying this since last night here.

If Biden wins on Nov 4th and it is then a surprise, the markets may indeed fall hard because they very likely would rather have Trump than Biden. But I think they'd probably recover later.

Less regulations and less government interference makes the suits happy. Trump is good for the market. He is a businessman so he understands how the game is played.

Here is the bolded part.....Trump has never and will never have a approval rating as high as Obama.....you posted a chart that proves this. Not sure where the confusion is on your part is.
I don't know where you get Barry O. had this grand approval rating....That was some of the garbage the media was feeding the lemmings....That's all....Trump's approval ratings have blown Barry's out of the water!!!!

Here is the bolded part.....Trump has never and will never have a approval rating as high as Obama.....you posted a chart that proves this. Not sure where the confusion is on your part is.
I'll help you out here' Trump is the red number and obama is the blue number. At the end of the graph, the red number is 49 and the blue number is 45. 49 is a higher number than 45 so your statement of NEVER is incorrect.

1ef3b287ea97d8b1225d1cbb296e96ea.jpg

I'll help you out here' Trump is the red number and obama is the blue number. At the end of the graph, the red number is 49 and the blue number is 45. 49 is a higher number than 45 so your statement of NEVER is incorrect.

Ok lets break down my statement.....Trump has never and will never have a approval rating as high as Obama

The highest approval rating on your chart that Obama had was 67% I think....so unless Trump has had a approval rating higher than 67% from now till Nov he will never have had a approval rating as high as Obama correct....

Ok lets break down my statement.....Trump has never and will never have a approval rating as high as Obama

The highest approval rating on your chart that Obama had was 67% I think....so unless Trump has had a approval rating higher than 67% from now till Nov he will never have had a approval rating as high as Obama correct....
At this point and time in their respective Presidencies, Trump has a higher approval rating. If you meant to say that Trump won't equal or surpass obamas highest ever approval rating, then I see your point. But that's not what you said. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back