• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the cruise ship, it sounds like despite the quarantine the Coronavirus is spreading.

“Japan may test every person aboard the Diamond Princess for the coronavirus after it was determined Monday that there were 66 new cases on the quarantined ship docked at a Yokohama port.”

I’m sure places like the elevators and buffets are perfect for this thing.

This isn't new but I saw it for the first time today and am finding it to be quite interesting. I always thought it was mainly because people spent more time indoors near others (and I still think that is one factor), but this has some other theories in the mix:

"Why is there a winter flu season?" apparently it is because of drier air in winter per two theories:

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/fyi-why-winter-flu-season/

The biggest concern for this virus is just how contagious it is. This thing seems very easy to catch and we have seen the China numbers explode in just 1 month. If this really did have a death rate of 10% and spread around the world it would have been horrible. Luckily the death rate appears low and symptoms range from common cold to deadly pneumonia but most cases seem mild.

Just saw that the confirmed cases dropped again today but deaths and critical patients jumped in Hubei. Really is sad to see, I expect the death toll to continue to rise there. I think it’s becoming clearer each day that those people are being allowed to die to not take up Chinas resources. Typical communist nation, yet as much as it angers me, a completely rational view from their standards. Probably most of the dead are older people with no benefit to the nation for helping.

?

The majority of the service members affected have returned to duty which is very good news. Most were mild TBI's which are more than likely a concussion. Hell I was diagnosed with a mild TBI from shooting my own sniper rifle in a covered overwatch in Ramadi. .338 Lapua has a serious blowback

The majority of the service members affected have returned to duty which is very good news. Most were mild TBI's which are more than likely a concussion. Hell I was diagnosed with a mild TBI from shooting my own sniper rifle in a covered overwatch in Ramadi. .338 Lapua has a serious blowback
Hell, I've done that on a deer stand with a 30.06 ... :oops:

The issue with the 1 in 40 rate is that it is just in Hubei, not in the rest of China and definitely not in the rest of the world where the only two deaths are in the Philippines and Hong Kong where both had bad pre-existing conditions. As I said the other day, if most of the cases on that cruise ship are minor, the air goes out if this quickly and the eye of the world bores into China, but if we see major problems then the whole world may have a problem on its hands.

What is sad though, I feel China has pretty much left Wohan to burn. Probably offering "medical care" with doctors but little in the way of medicine or life saving measures. If you live, you live if you die you die.

China has some of the worst air quality in the world, I would imagine in general the average person living in major cities in China have poorer respiratory system health than most of the rest of the world, add to that overcrowded etc and its no surprise really that a severe respiratory virus is able to kill a bunch of folks....

LOL....I hear that. I still hunt today with a model 700 30.06! Kicks like a damn mule!
I have a Browning and when I scope it right, the wind is still and I haven't had too much coffee, I can hit a clay skeet pigeon propped on a hay bale at 250 yards .. but after 10 or so in rapid succession I need lanacaine and ice ... LOL

I have a Browning and when I scope it right, the wind is still and I haven't had too much coffee, I can hit a clay skeet pigeon propped on a hay bale at 250 yards .. but after 10 or so in rapid succession I need lanacaine and ice ... LOL

I have a browning A-bolt composite stock in .270. The gun is light but the kick is brutal even for a .270.

My longest confirmed(using Google earth yardage scales) deer kill is around 410-415 yards.

I had a buddy years ago, little experience shooting but I let him borrow my model 700 for a day. Came back to drop the rifle off a day later and his right eye was swoll shut and 4 shades of purple and yellow. Yeah he learned a lesson about scopes and a 30.06

Looks like we have more confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in the US from the group evacuated. The article said they are doing well with the only symptom being a cough with no fever. If this turns out to be the case in 60-70% of cases, forget containing it because it's everywhere by now.

Looks like we have more confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in the US from the group evacuated. The article said they are doing well with the only symptom being a cough with no fever. If this turns out to be the case in 60-70% of cases, forget containing it because it's everywhere by now.

Where are you seeing that? I just read that all 195 people evacuated and quarantined were released today with no sickness ever developing?

Where are you seeing that? I just read that all 195 people evacuated and quarantined were released today with no sickness ever developing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back