• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WB attorney tweeting about a "coup has started" over a year ago and now this.... if this were a normal criminal case, all so called evidence would be thrown out by a judge and case dismissed. But as it is, impeachment is political and will roll on until they finally vote to impeach, the senate will not convict and we can all move on.

The WB attorney tweeting about a "coup has started" over a year ago and now this.... if this were a normal criminal case, all so called evidence would be thrown out by a judge and case dismissed. But as it is, impeachment is political and will roll on until they finally vote to impeach, the senate will not convict and we can all move on.

All kind of just makes you scratch your head and say, "HHHMMM"....

And Yavanovitch is supposedly one of the "star" witnesses for this whole WB case against Trump...Another head scratcher!! Might diminish her credibility just a little

Last edited:
One of the things that bothers me so with this whole impeachment thing is it's become so political (impeachment has always been political but it's far more so now) that it's devaluing the process. Just like the #metoo movement in some ways devalued the term/allegation sexual assault (don't misunderstand what I'm saying here and go after me), it negatively effects the process for true sexual assault victims. Same holds true for impeachment, if it gets used on every political whim then it may be overlooked or not taking seriously by the electorate when an actual serious legit impeachable offense ever occurs.

One of the things that bothers me so with this whole impeachment thing is it's become so political (impeachment has always been political but it's far more so now) that it's devaluing the process. Just like the #metoo movement in some ways devalued the term/allegation sexual assault (don't misunderstand what I'm saying here and go after me), it negatively effects the process for true sexual assault victims. Same holds true for impeachment, if it gets used on every political whim then it may be overlooked or not taking seriously by the electorate when an actual serious legit impeachable offense ever occurs.

I hope we're not becoming a nation of WB'ers and heresay artists, but a lot of things going on in this country really scare me right now

And Yavanovitch is supposedly one of the "star" witnesses for this whole WB case against Trump...Another head scratcher!! Might diminish her credibility just a little

Did you read the article? This is the email she received from a staffer and she referred her inquiry for information to the proper channels...when asked if she had responded to the emails she replied that she had forwarded to the EUR.....which is what she did. What exactly about this exchange changes anything about her testimony or what happened in regard to Ukraine?

"I'm writing to see if you would have time to meet up for a chat — in particular, I’m hoping to discuss some Ukraine-related oversight questions we are exploring," Carey then wrote to Yovanovitch. "I'd appreciate the chance to ground-truth a few pieces of information with you, some of which are quite delicate/time-sensitive and, thus, we want to make sure we get them right."
Carey continued: "Could you let me know if you have any time this week or next to connect? Happy to come to a place of your choosing, or if easier, to speak by phone at either of the numbers below. I'm also around this weekend if meeting up over coffee works."

This is the reply from the Ambassador

On Aug. 15, Yovanovitch responded: "Thanks for reaching out — and congratulations on your new job. I would love to reconnect and look forward to chatting with you. I have let EUR [Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs] know that you are interested in talking and they will be in touch with you shortly."

Were you scared because you thought it was true or because Trump and others made a big deal out of nothing? Conspiracy theories about Obama are true but evidence against Trump is fake news?

There is tons of cognitive dissonance on the right currently, the sad part is they totally 100% bought in to Trump's constant parroting of MSM equals fake news and the only "true" source is his tweets and Fox.....this was smart on Trumps part as it conditioned his followers to ignore the legitimate news sources that would take exception with Trumps BS as fake news and to embrace the fake news and lies he tweets etc as the truth......so all credit to Trump on that he knows how to con folks.

On another board I am on for hunting etc there is a political board and the amount of posters there who do not understand what is going on IRT Ukraine is frightening, all their links are from sources like maganews.com or OAN, or Epochtimes etc....I post excerpts from the actual released transcripts from the inquiry and they treat it like its fake then link videos from crackpots on Youtube that go into all this speculation of stuff that has been disproven and totally believe it to be true......its crazy.

In other news it sounds like Bolton had his lawyer release a letter saying Bolton can testify to verify a lot of the already released transcripts of others and that he has stuff from meetings that has not been covered yet that relate to the Ukraine investigation.....there is a hold up though on how to get him to testify....still it was a interesting statement to make.

Letter is here....

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...6280830dd7bb213a076/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Juicy part here

After all, Dr. Kupperman was the Deputy National Security Advisor to the
President throughout the period to your inquiry.The same is true, of course, of Ambassador
Bolton, who was the National Security Advisor to the President, and who was personally
involved in many of the events, meetings,and conversations about which you have already
received testimony, as well as many relevant meetings and conversations that have not yet
been discussed in the testimonies thus far.

M
There is tons of cognitive dissonance on the right currently, the sad part is they totally 100% bought in to Trump's constant parroting of MSM equals fake news and the only "true" source is his tweets and Fox.....this was smart on Trumps part as it conditioned his followers to ignore the legitimate news sources that would take exception with Trumps BS as fake news and to embrace the fake news and lies he tweets etc as the truth......so all credit to Trump on that he knows how to con folks.

On another board I am on for hunting etc there is a political board and the amount of posters there who do not understand what is going on IRT Ukraine is frightening, all their links are from sources like maganews.com or OAN, or Epochtimes etc....I post excerpts from the actual released transcripts from the inquiry and they treat it like its fake then link videos from crackpots on Youtube that go into all this speculation of stuff that has been disproven and totally believe it to be true......its crazy.

In other news it sounds like Bolton had his lawyer release a letter saying Bolton can testify to verify a lot of the already released transcripts of others and that he has stuff from meetings that has not been covered yet that relate to the Ukraine investigation.....there is a hold up though on how to get him to testify....still it was a interesting statement to make.

Letter is here....

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...6280830dd7bb213a076/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Juicy part here

After all, Dr. Kupperman was the Deputy National Security Advisor to the
President throughout the period to your inquiry.The same is true, of course, of Ambassador
Bolton, who was the National Security Advisor to the President, and who was personally
involved in many of the events, meetings,and conversations about which you have already
received testimony, as well as many relevant meetings and conversations that have not yet
been discussed in the testimonies thus far.
What if this is all Trump's plan and he is smarter than people think? Imagine Trump doing everything that he is accused of and him doing it with the intention of taking out Biden and daring the Dems to impeach because he knew he can shoot someone on fifth avenue and get away with it.

I hope we're not becoming a nation of WB'ers and heresay artists, but a lot of things going on in this country really scare me right now

The WB doesnt matter as much as people like to think. Here is a quote from Rep. Swalwell.

“I look at the whistleblower like someone who pulled a fire alarm, and first responders show up, and they see flames, smoke, a burning building, an arsonist holding the gasoline can with matches,” said Swalwell. “Don't really need to know who pulled the fire alarm.”

Funny little post on Reddit of how things have gone IRt Sondland.....

Sondland: No quid pro quo

Trump: See, my buddy here knows his stuff, and he says no quid pro quo

Every other witness: Yes quid pro quo

Congress: So, perjury?

Sondland: What's perjury?

Sondland: I googled perjury. I'd like to amend my statement to "Yes quid pro quo."

We are here

Trump: This man is an idiot/spy/liar and he doesn't know anything and also I've never met him.

And now we are at the "I barely knew the guy" stage.

Why cant winter storms be this predictable?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-whistleblower-treason-sondland-002556125.html

And now, will "Shifty Schiff" testify??? Would love to hear what he has to say!!! Maybe he can enlighten all of us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back