• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is probably gonna be the most controversial thing I have ever said on this forum and will probably catch a lot of heat for it but this is just my honest thoughts.

I think we will probably never see genuine bipartisanship again, due to the fact that because of immigration both legal and illegal, left-leaning demographics are growing in numbers and the Dems are fully aware of this. That along with the growing sentiment since the 2016 election among left-wing circles that all those right of center are morally bankrupt and the fact that the left controls most media and mainstream pop culture, the Dems really have no necessity or interest in reaching across the aisle. From this point on, any so-called bipartisanship will simply be Republicans/Conservatives conceding to the left as we have began to see in recent years.

The Dems/left are pretty much in a very comfortable position despite the 2016 election and we have seen this with the overton window on issues being radically pushed left-wing, with ideas that were previously considered insane such as abolishing the electoral college and Robert O Rourkes gun-grabbing proposals suddenly gaining popularity and becoming more acceptable while right-wing ideals that were acceptable not too long ago such as opposition to gay marriage now being considered political suicide to hold, at least publicly.

So this is probably gonna be the most controversial thing I have ever said on this forum and will probably catch a lot of heat for it but this is just my honest thoughts.

I think we will probably never see genuine bipartisanship again, due to the fact that because of immigration both legal and illegal, left-leaning demographics are growing in numbers and the Dems are fully aware of this. That along with the growing sentiment since the 2016 election among left-wing circles that all those right of center are morally bankrupt and the fact that the left controls most media and mainstream pop culture, the Dems really have no necessity or interest in reaching across the aisle. From this point on, any so-called bipartisanship will simply be Republicans/Conservatives conceding to the left as we have began to see in recent years.

The Dems/left are pretty much in a very comfortable position despite the 2016 election and we have seen this with the overton window on issues being radically pushed left-wing, with ideas that were previously considered insane such as abolishing the electoral college and Robert O Rourkes gun-grabbing proposals suddenly gaining popularity and becoming more acceptable while right-wing ideals that were acceptable not too long ago such as opposition to gay marriage now being considered political suicide to hold, at least publicly.
I can get with much of that. But I think an extreme shift one way will eventually lead to an extreme snap-back in the other direction.

I can get with much of that. But I think an extreme shift one way will eventually lead to an extreme snap-back in the other direction.

That is what honestly scares me a little. Trump wins re-election, puts two on the SC and the GOP uses the complete government to do another form of what the Dems are doing. As conservative as I am about several different things, I hold no confidence that the GOP will adhere to that stance with a majority like that. A dictator is coming, just don’t know which party he or she will come from.

I mean the growing nationalist, populist, or "alt-right" movements is somewhat of a reaction to the extreme shift to the left. Though as we have seen, left-wing control of the media both online and traditional has made it so those movements are being stamped out.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Just catching up, so forgive me if already discussed

I am interested to see if they try to put this impeachment deal through. It will be fun to watch Trump be able to publically defend himself (if it gets that far) and oust a lot of bad people. Not saying he is guilty or innocent, but he will take anyone down with him he can. By now I'm sure he knows a lot of dirt.

I thought this might be a troll account, but I know realize I was wrong. Just a sadly misinformed citizen given to being taken by conspiracy theories.
Well "know" understand this-Trump does TRY and Dems do ZERO for the American citizens. I'm happy with my everyday living and happy I'm not in some s**t hole country. He IS your president and will be in 2020. Conspiracy theories are not what this is about. Truth is not conspiracy. Facts are not conspiracy. God bless America!

Well "know" understand this-Trump does TRY and Dems do ZERO for the American citizens. I'm happy with my everyday living and happy I'm not in some s**t hole country. He IS your president and will be in 2020. Conspiracy theories are not what this is about. Truth is not conspiracy. Facts are not conspiracy. God bless America!
Do you think you can post with less of an inflammatory edge if not completely keep inflammatory comments out? It makes the conversation far less civil.

The Coup to take down Trump started the day he took office...I'm sure the DEMS are proud!!
See....more truths and facts. I don't think repubs are the ones not willing to accept the facts and truths. But the dems will eventually. No other choice. What about the latest project vertitas? They fired her?? Do dems agree with that? Just remember Obama was over in other countries a few months ago touting out of nowhere that people should not believe videos that will come out...and so did main stream media articles. So did Hillary which is crazy... I wouldn't have touched that with a ten foot pole. Preparing for what's to come? Just the TIP of the iceberg. In the end we will all be brought together...Our dismay and fear will unite us. Typically like how people behave in disasters...

Be really proud if he is booted out of office.
Maybe you and a handful of people. Life is good. Money is good. Safety is good. Work is good. Taxes are good. What's not to be happy about?...except that it could even be better if Trump could focus on his job and helping everyday hard working Americans instead of tirelessly fighting lies and corruption. PEOPLE ARE SICK OF IT. DC is sick. Sicker than most know. We will all come together in the end though....

Do you think you can post with less of an inflammatory edge if not completely keep inflammatory comments out? It makes the conversation far less civil.
Are you only talking to me? Someone called me racist sooo.. Am I about to be censored? Why have a forum? What is inflammatory? Example please... Dissapointed YOU would say that. I don't post much in weather. Never have for years and only watch what you and others say. Because I DON'T know enough to speak and misguide. I have watched ya'll bicker, fuss, act like kids, be unfair and clickish and have never said a word. But I do know what I'm saying about this country and topic. If you think I don't have the right to speak. Delete my account. I will not be a supporter of an all left site. Regardless of how much I love weather.

Are you only talking to me? Someone called me racist sooo.. Am I about to be censored? Why have a forum? What is inflammatory? Example please... Dissapointed YOU would say that. I don't post much in weather. Never have for years and only watch what you and others say. Because I DON'T know enough to speak and misguide. I have watched ya'll bicker, fuss, act like kids, be unfair and clickish and have never said a word. But I do know what I'm saying about this country and topic. If you think I don't have the right to speak. Delete my account. I will not be a supporter of an all left site. Regardless of how much I love weather.

Dude, chill.

The tone of some of your posts seems angry. Sometimes, that makes other people bow up and then you get kind of a more hostile environment thing going. I think that's all Forsyth was saying. I don't think you're right about a lot of cliquishness and unfairness over here. I mean, nobody is perfect, but there's a good balance. And also, you should feel free to post on the weather side. Lots of people with varying degrees of expertise frequently post. We're all here because we love the weather. The political stuff is a sidebar to what the site is about. It's probably best to take extra special care to try and be even keel and respectful when when posting about things that people have a tendency to get riled up about, even when others don't (and not directing that solely at you, as it's a good reminder for everyone, me included). Otherwise, it will spill over into the main part of the forum and corrupt its primary purpose.

I agree there is no fiscal discipline on either side (I've stated that before) and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I wish we could all agree on that point.

Interesting though that you slid immigration reform and securing the borders in there, I just don't see much compromise on that from either side. I mean what if I'm willing to give up the idea of building the wall IF the left is willing to eliminate sanctuary cities and stop allowing illegals into the country & benefiting from tax payer funded programs? Is someone on the left going to compromise if I say Ok, I'll go along with a taxpayer healthcare for all system, I'll even go along with raising taxes but you have to over turn Roe v Wade, send abortion issues back to the states and promise me no federal dollars of any kind, ever would be used to help fund any abortion?? Is there really going to be compromise there?

The reason I asked specifics is I was curious what individuals were willing to sacrifice, compromise means someone has to sacrifice something, we here all the time about compromise/sacrificing without much context about what one is actually willing to give up.
There are just some issues you can't compromise on.
The past is proof that if we compromise, they don't. Everything you brought up is great points. I would also like to know the answers to your questions. It would more than likely be the same ol same ol. Raise your
Dude, chill.
With the upmost respect..I'm not a dude. It's ok though. I was called racist and a conspiracy theorist so I just want to know what is inflammatory. ( I feel like Brick all of a sudden). LOL but I would like to know. We must be fair right. Have to be real careful about this free speech stuff. I want everybody to get along and get past this division so it's a gets a little hairy. I'm very passionate about this country and respect of our President and the office. If someone doesn't like what I say then they can easily scroll right on by...However, I'm not speaking with a negative heart. We will all come together eventually. Talk must go on to do so though. People are really really tired of being quited..If I said anything that sounded threatening to anyone..I apologize. But maybe explain what that was...I do realize from being on here and TW for years that it's hard to manage a forum..with the upmost respect.

Elizabeth Warren going to have a tough time getting elected going after the billionaires.

I wonder what it feels like being able to say something like this below and just knowing it's true. I just stressed going through the drive thru on whether to biggie size my fries.

‘I’ve paid over $10 billion in taxes. … I’ve paid more than anyone in taxes, but I’m glad to — if I’d had to pay $20 billion, it’s fine. But when you say I should pay $100 billion, then I’m starting to do a little math about what I have left over. … I’m just kidding.’Bill Gates

Elizabeth Warren going to have a tough time getting elected going after the billionaires.

I wonder what it feels like being able to say something like this below and just knowing it's true. I just stressed going through the drive thru on whether to biggie size my fries.

‘I’ve paid over $10 billion in taxes. … I’ve paid more than anyone in taxes, but I’m glad to — if I’d had to pay $20 billion, it’s fine. But when you say I should pay $100 billion, then I’m starting to do a little math about what I have left over. … I’m just kidding.’Bill Gates
There is almost a zero percent chance she is elected president. I think the eventual Dem nominee is not one of the front-runners right now...and they may not even be on the stage yet.

But your point is well taken.

The tone of some of your posts seems angry. Sometimes, that makes other people bow up and then you get kind of a more hostile environment thing going. I think that's all Forsyth was saying. I don't think you're right about a lot of cliquishness and unfairness over here. I mean, nobody is perfect, but there's a good balance. And also, you should feel free to post on the weather side. Lots of people with varying degrees of expertise frequently post. We're all here because we love the weather. The political stuff is a sidebar to what the site is about. It's probably best to take extra special care to try and be even keel and respectful when when posting about things that people have a tendency to get riled up about, even when others don't (and not directing that solely at you, as it's a good reminder for everyone, me included). Otherwise, it will spill over into the main part of the forum and corrupt its primary purpose.
Exactly. Part of this thread existing is the agreement of all angles to discuss politics civilly. Calling one side out and just attacking them constantly is not debating real issues.
I've actually said this to other members before, but you're the only one not being civil. We don't censor people unless they're literally spewing curse words or racial slurs or being a toxic person overall. You don't have to agree with someone to have a discussion. If you want an example of inflammatory, here's a couple of things you said: " Conspiracy theories are not what this is about. Truth is not conspiracy. Facts are not conspiracy ", "Here's a fact for ya-Democrats will never be power again or for a very long time". Bringing up conspiracies is a surefire way to nullify your argument if you have nothing to back it up with. And the second one is really more the focus. It's the thing I hate seeing from either side. It drives an axe between America. Our nation is not one that should take sides, its one that should be UNIFIED. Unification occurs when people work together regardless of ideology and put their differences aside to meet a goal. Want to truly make America great? People need to stop acting like the left or the right is out to get America and destroy it. That's why movements like Antifa and white nationalists groups are still out there and growing. Extremist politics get the spotlight when divide and conquer is the name of the game for both parties.

We also are not an all left site. We let people say what they want so long as it's inside the terms of our site. I myself take neither side and think freely, listen to both sides of the argument, then draw a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back