• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social issues like abortion and gun control are used to divide us to keep our focus off of the important fiscal problem this country has.

National defense isn't really a social issue.

But I'm glad you brought up abortion with fiscal compromise, it's a great example to show how some of us just won't compromise on some issues. If a balanced budget was presented, with cuts in spending and no tax increases but still funded Planned Parenthood (regardless of how insignificant the amount), I'd oppose it and would want my representatives to oppose it. As I mentioned I'm not willing to compromise on everything. Anywho if it's such an insignificant amount then remove all social issues with any federal funding from the budget, balance the budget and then debate what can and cannot be funded.

Social issues like abortion and gun control are used to divide us to keep our focus off of the important fiscal problem this country has.
By who and how? It's not like they're fake issues, over 40 million babies have been aborted since Roe v Wade so it's a legit topic.

By who and how? It's not like they're fake issues, over 40 million babies have been aborted since Roe v Wade so it's a legit topic.
So you are saying you will compromise on anything but abortion, sounds like a lot of pro choice people.

So you are saying you will compromise on anything but abortion, sounds like a lot of pro choice people.
Never said I would "compromise on anything", I was using that as an example since you stated it's too divisive to be part of fiscal compromise. Actually to the contrary, there are few things I'd compromise on... have no idea how you got I'd compromise on anything but abortion from my question.

Never said I would "compromise on anything", I was using that as an example since you stated it's too divisive to be part of fiscal compromise. Actually to the contrary, there are few things I'd compromise on... have no idea how you got I'd compromise on anything but abortion from my question.
Sorry I misread your post. I thought you were saying you were open to compromise, but I guess that will have to come from others.

I have a serious question for anyone but especially @Rain Cold @ForsythSnow @GaWx because they mentioned compromise and working together on numerous occasions.

I'm curious, what policies and/or issues do you think there should be compromise and what should each side give up to make a true bipartisan effort?
Sorry I wasn't able to respond until now, but I think RC covered quite a bit of it. Important topics like the budget and good spending policies should be implemented, but with Keynesian economics in play, and each party over time adding a superglued brick to the wall of poor planning it's hard for things to get done without another setback. I think for the short term, congress needs to take the economic health as a sign of what to prepare for. The crash is coming sooner or later, and if congress fights and is distracted by political difference after political difference on top of the current impeachment inquiry, time will run out and we will face a hard crash that'll hurt a lot of people. As mentioned, things like abortion are a shut off for congress, but I think giving that to the states would be better since religious ties in politics vary, such as in the south. Hot button topics like that which have a vast difference between each state should be decided by that state. If the people don't like them, it's easier to vote the representative a local level out than at a statewide one. That way congress doesn't get clogged in stalemates because one thing keeps it held up.

TLDR, Financial issues need to be addressed asap and super divisive topics should be given to the states. That at least should be a starting point.

Funny little post on Reddit of how things have gone IRt Sondland.....

Sondland: No quid pro quo

Trump: See, my buddy here knows his stuff, and he says no quid pro quo

Every other witness: Yes quid pro quo

Congress: So, perjury?

Sondland: What's perjury?

Sondland: I googled perjury. I'd like to amend my statement to "Yes quid pro quo."

We are here

Trump: This man is an idiot/spy/liar and he doesn't know anything and also I've never met him.

Unless a recount can find ~5000 votes, KY will have a Dem governor... that's a state Trump carried by 30 percentage points. Also the state houses in VA swung red to blue... I don't know many who were expecting those results

Unless a recount can find ~5000 votes, KY will have a Dem governor... that's a state Trump carried by 30 percentage points. Also the state houses in VA swung red to blue... I don't know many who were expecting those results

The Kentucky governor wasn’t well liked and VA has been shifting blue and was expected to go that way, neither seems surprising.

I wonder if the public is already tiring of impeachment talk. Gonna be a massive problem for Democrats unless they can dig up something far greater than the Quid Pro angle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...oints-from-october-poll/ar-AAJWW1Z?li=BBnb7Kz

I can only speak for myself, but "YES"...Totally exhausted by all the fabricated impeachment talk...DEMS definitely going to need to have more than the Quid Pro angle, or this is just a waste of taxpayer money....Let the chips fall where they may

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back