• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is almost a zero percent chance she is elected president. I think the eventual Dem nominee is not one of the front-runners right now...and they may not even be on the stage yet.

But your point is well taken.

Agreed and agreed.

The past is proof that if we compromise, they don't. Everything you brought up is great points. I would also like to know the answers to your questions. It would more than likely be the same ol same ol. Raise your

With the upmost respect..I'm not a dude. It's ok though. I was called racist and a conspiracy theorist so I just want to know what is inflammatory. ( I feel like Brick all of a sudden). LOL but I would like to know. We must be fair right. Have to be real careful about this free speech stuff. I want everybody to get along and get past this division so it's a gets a little hairy. I'm very passionate about this country and respect of our President and the office. If someone doesn't like what I say then they can easily scroll right on by...However, I'm not speaking with a negative heart. We will all come together eventually. Talk must go on to do so though. People are really really tired of being quited..If I said anything that sounded threatening to anyone..I apologize. But maybe explain what that was...I do realize from being on here and TW for years that it's hard to manage a forum..with the upmost respect.
So honestly our view points are a lot alike, politically speaking... I'm a mod here so I can attest to the fact that this is no where near an "alt-left" site. To be honest it's difficult some times to gauge a person's demeanor on a forum (text messages, etc... I tell my wife I love the dress she just bought, send a smiley face emoji but yet I'm seething b/c how much she spent, she never knows Lol, works the other way too). For me when you use all caps for instance it can come across as yelling, I want to say "use your inside voice" when I see that. Some of the comments also come across as directed at someone almost personal.... telling us "if you don't think I have the right to speak. Delete my account." Comes across a little edgy, going to the other extreme if you will. Shoot I get angry at some things I see going on in this Country today, probably nobody more passionate about it then I but I've realized if I come across aggressive, authoritative, disrespectful (intended or not) then no one is going to listen. It's all about the delivery, this is nothing personal just thoughts to ponder. Oh and I assure you no disrespect was meant by the word "dude", something else about forums etc you really have no idea who it is your talking to, man/woman/child..

Elizabeth Warren going to have a tough time getting elected going after the billionaires.

I wonder what it feels like being able to say something like this below and just knowing it's true. I just stressed going through the drive thru on whether to biggie size my fries.

‘I’ve paid over $10 billion in taxes. … I’ve paid more than anyone in taxes, but I’m glad to — if I’d had to pay $20 billion, it’s fine. But when you say I should pay $100 billion, then I’m starting to do a little math about what I have left over. … I’m just kidding.’Bill Gates
It's funny because he also said he vote for Trump right now over Warren... It's all fun and games until someone tries to make Gates live off of just 10 billion, poor soul

It's funny because he also said he vote for Trump right now over Warren... It's all fun and games until someone tries to make Gates live off of just 10 billion, poor soul

I’m trying to figure out why the billionaires say how much they wouldn’t mind paying ten billion more in taxes, yet won’t invest that much in other causes they love. No telling how many solar panels could be bought for families with ten billion dollars.

I’m trying to figure out why the billionaires say how much they wouldn’t mind paying ten billion more in taxes, yet won’t invest that much in other causes they love. No telling how many solar panels could be bought for families with ten billion dollars.
Cause they don't love those causes as much as they'd like us to think

Here's my take...The every day Wal-Mart, gun toting, Deplorables are sick of the "politics as usual" mentality in DC....You know, every politician on the take...We finally have a President who is trying to "take out the garbage" up there, and he is constantly getting attacked...A lot of people up there are scared and nervous...Oh no, they might be exposed....Well, I hope every one of them are exposed and brought to justice...Our great country deserves better than this...Leave the President alone, and let him do his job...I'm surprised he has gotten as much accomplished as he has....The House is against him on everything...This will all come out in the wash, and I can't wait!! God Bless America!!!

The tone of some of your posts seems angry. Sometimes, that makes other people bow up and then you get kind of a more hostile environment thing going. I think that's all Forsyth was saying. I don't think you're right about a lot of cliquishness and unfairness over here. I mean, nobody is perfect, but there's a good balance. And also, you should feel free to post on the weather side. Lots of people with varying degrees of expertise frequently post. We're all here because we love the weather. The political stuff is a sidebar to what the site is about. It's probably best to take extra special care to try and be even keel and respectful when when posting about things that people have a tendency to get riled up about, even when others don't (and not directing that solely at you, as it's a good reminder for everyone, me included). Otherwise, it will spill over into the main part of the forum and corrupt its primary purpose.
Thanks. I will look back to see what I said that seemed angry. Although not sure what it matters. I will look to see if I said anything unkind personally to someone or inappropriate. I do hope people will make sure they are not putting lies and misinformation about a sitting United States President on any public forums. It's very dangerous for us all. Facts and evidence are the only things that keep us grounde
The tone of some of your posts seems angry. Sometimes, that makes other people bow up and then you get kind of a more hostile environment thing going. I think that's all Forsyth was saying. I don't think you're right about a lot of cliquishness and unfairness over here. I mean, nobody is perfect, but there's a good balance. And also, you should feel free to post on the weather side. Lots of people with varying degrees of expertise frequently post. We're all here because we love the weather. The political stuff is a sidebar to what the site is about. It's probably best to take extra special care to try and be even keel and respectful when when posting about things that people have a tendency to get riled up about, even when others don't (and not directing that solely at you, as it's a good reminder for everyone, me included). Otherwise, it will spill over into the main part of the forum and corrupt its primary purpose.
I just looked back at all my posts and I see really no reason that I was called out or schooled on how to post. I do see the posts that I responded too however. I also looked at other posts between others. Some sort of harsh..no big deal though. I was told I have no facts so I defended. Hinting that I am a troll and a personal type attack afterwards, etc etc. Hinting that my comment about Obama was racist...(How), I see nowhere I made personal attacks other than political party type etc and taking up for myself, my party and my prez..If I were to say, it was the other way around. Also too, I saw no calling out the posters that I responded to...Maybe not the best speaker but warranted to be called out and not just scrolled past? I don't think so. Proves my whole point. I'm too old to be schooled on how to speak. This is a problem....Whoever has the authority to delete my account please do so...God Bless America

Thanks. I will look back to see what I said that seemed angry. Although not sure what it matters. I will look to see if I said anything unkind personally to someone or inappropriate. I do hope people will make sure they are not putting lies and misinformation about a sitting United States President on any public forums. It's very dangerous for us all. Facts and evidence are the only things that keep us grounde

I just looked back at all my posts and I see really no reason that I was called out or schooled on how to post. I do see the posts that I responded too however. I also looked at other posts between others. Some sort of harsh..no big deal though. I was told I have no facts so I defended. Hinting that I am a troll and a personal type attack afterwards, etc etc. Hinting that my comment about Obama was racist...(How), I see nowhere I made personal attacks other than political party type etc and taking up for myself, my party and my prez..If I were to say, it was the other way around. Also too, I saw no calling out the posters that I responded to...Maybe not the best speaker but warranted to be called out and not just scrolled past? I don't think so. Proves my whole point. I'm too old to be schooled on how to speak. This is a problem....Whoever has the authority to delete my account please do so...God Bless America
You don't need to delete your account. Let's start again.

Reading the Dems are apparently working on 3 articles of impeachment, one for abuse of power regarding the withholding of military aid to force Ukraine to investigate Biden, one for obstruction of Congress for preventing people from testifying at the inquiry and one that is a bit of a surprise but explains why they have been quietly getting info from Mueller etc is obstruction of justice in the Mueller investigation....

Again I do not think the GOP leadership has the sack to do the right thing here and go to Trump and offer him the Nixon option, and I still think that the Dems really don't want Trump to be forced out by the GOP or actually removed by impeachment, they would much rather run Biden against him....ultimately this is about taking the Senate and as many House seats as they can, this will either give them a totally blue government if they win the WH or at the very least give them control of Congress to prevent Trump fro doing anything if he somehow wins a second term.

Your post are passionate for sure and certainly not out of line compared to other political forums I venture into.

The only thing I have taken exception to is your questioning of being against trump as being unpatriotic. That's a bit much as we are all americans and all love this country very much despite our different political opinions.

By the way, the jive talking turkey comment was, at the very least, offensive. I'm not going to throw labels around and call someone a racist. There are plenty of other boards that do that on a whim. But let's everyone please be thoughtful before making comments in a heated debate. There's no reason to even approach that line. That kind of stuff is going to be stamped out immediately.

Bolton basically agrees to testify once the court decide on the case before them with Boltons deputy about who has more authority here Trump telling him he cant testify or the subpoena issued by the House inquiry......the House will win as the Constitution is ironclad on the House's authority to issue subpoenas during impeachment inquiries and no amount of executive privilege protects the WH during this kind of inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back