• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I think hillary and trump were treated the same. Her email investigation ended with evidence of her doing it but they found the intent or conspiracy to commit the crimes were lacking. I didnt buy that but that's what the investigators found.

Now if you read the Mueller report without bias it clearly and plainly says collusion occured but that it did not rise to a conspiracy level. They know Russia meddles and they know trump affiliates accepted and sought to benefit from it. In essence both investigations proved what happened but that what happened simply didnt meet or rise to the level of a crime.

One is a crime, the other sleazy politics.

The whole we need to find intent is the stupidest cop out ever which doesn't apply to anyone but the protected class.

All legit issues and concerns. The Republicans could have used their majority in the house to have investigations.....they did for years. Why didn't they ring AOI against Obama, holder, Clinton?

Those poeple not being held accountable was at the fault of republicans for not going the distance with the inquiries.

Mostly because as dumb and spineless as the GOP can be, they know by experience how easily it can backfire when you try to remove who the public elected. The Dems are about to learn that lesson, unless it is their plan to get Trump re-elected.

Last edited:
One is a crime, the other sleazy politics.

The whole we need to find intent is the stupidest cop out ever which doesn't apply to anyone but the protected class.

Mostly because as dumb and spineless as the GOP can be, they know by experience how easily it can backfire when you try to remove who the public elected. The Dems are about to learn that lesson, unless it is their plan to get Trump re-elected.

I dunno the Constitution is pretty clear about not allowing for foreign interference in our election process. This goes double for our president to actually seek out that foreign assistance, it goes triple when that president withholds access to and aid from the US to try to force that country to provide that assistance.....some of you are seriously underplaying the seriousness of what Trump was doing.

Then there is the Rudy/Parnas/Fruman/Firtash angle that still has to play out. There is some evidence that Parnas and Fruman funneled money from Firtash to Trumps and other GOP campaigns and to Rudy, and that Trump was lobbied to remove the former Ukraine ambassador by these men and those payments since she did not want to play ball with many number of things those people wanted.

I dunno the Constitution is pretty clear about not allowing for foreign interference in our election process. This goes double for our president to actually seek out that foreign assistance, it goes triple when that president withholds access to and aid from the US to try to force that country to provide that assistance.....some of you are seriously underplaying the seriousness of what Trump was doing.

Then there is the Rudy/Parnas/Fruman/Firtash angle that still has to play out. There is some evidence that Parnas and Fruman funneled money from Firtash to Trumps and other GOP campaigns and to Rudy, and that Trump was lobbied to remove the former Ukraine ambassador by these men and those payments since she did not want to play ball with many number of things those people wanted.

I don't think we are underplaying anything, more so many of us think that y'all are over playing something that happens all the time and how much people actually care about it.

Meanwhile... the national debt continues to balloon out of control, government is expanding at record levels (trying to consume/control our every step of life), the borders aren't secure, ANTIFA is still on the rampage, the PC social rage mobs are as active as ever (new #metoo friendly "Baby It's Cold Outside" song incoming and changes to the ABC song, just to name a couple) all while we bat the political corruptness birdie back and forth across the partisan net. Has any worthy legislation been passed recently? All that goes on in Washington is campaigning or fighting to oust your political opponent. Time for We The People to be The People again.

Nunes is a trump puppet who has no more credibility than Schiff does.

Not the point. The GOP’s plan right or wrong is to be quiet and act like the Dems are railroading them in this committee to garner public support. The Dems keep leaking everything they have and when they rehash it in the senate the public will not care. That is when the GOP will go on the offensive.

Meanwhile... the national debt continues to balloon out of control, government is expanding at record levels (trying to consume/control our every step of life), the borders aren't secure, ANTIFA is still on the rampage, the PC social rage mobs are as active as ever (new #metoo friendly "Baby It's Cold Outside" song incoming and changes to the ABC song, just to name a couple) all while we bat the political corruptness birdie back and forth across the partisan net. Has any worthy legislation been passed recently? All that goes on in Washington is campaigning or fighting to oust your political opponent. Time for We The People to be The People again.

I agree with you. In my opinion this country is too far gone in regards to us all coming together for the "common good". Someone is electing these people over and over again and I don't see why it will stop. The big question is WHY? Are they really representative of the people voting for them? How does "The Squad" get elected (serious question)? If these people are any indication of the direction of the country, I want nothing to do with them or the people that voted for them. People tend to stick to and take care of their pack. I am the first to say this "shouldn't be" what America stands for but if that's the way the country is headed, I can assure you I can and will take care of my pack first and foremost. Others who are opposite of my political ideology may feel the same way, I don't know. I spent the end of my 20's, all of my 30's and some of my 40's in the middle east so I guess I tend to have a skewed view of what I was coming home to.......

Globalism vs US exceptionalism. Deep State/Media vs American citizens and freedom. We have people in every facet of US government that hate the US, and any foreign entity that is our ally. People like the "squad" only like the US if they can transform it into something that eliminates the US constitution.
This post is so...what even are you talking about. So because someone doesn't support Trump, they aren't a citizen and don't like freedom? Elected House Representatives want to "eliminate the US constitution?"
I mean, do you actually believe that???

For me, as an ordinary citizen, I have a "get out of there alive" mantra when I get pulled by law enforcement. It is yes sir, yes mam, have a good day policy for me. They have weaponry, I don't. They have friends with weaponry, I don't. They could also eliminate me without any evidence, if they saw fit. I don't mess around with the law. Take the ticket and go home.
Its just insane to me that as a society and a nation we allow this to go on. The standard to which we hold our LEO for their actions seems absurdly low.

If the reports are true that Vindman stated the "transcript" trump released is not a complete version thats gonna be a big deal. I know many people whom have stated the lack of a direct QPQ on the call is all they need to exonerate trump. If it turns out trumps team manipulated the transcript to omit certain things as vindman said then trump is going to have real trouble keeping moderates on his side.

Its just insane to me that as a society and a nation we allow this to go on. The standard to which we hold our LEO for their actions seems absurdly low.

Allow what to go on? Have you ever been faced with having to make the split second decisions some of these men and women have to make in the line of duty? Its a very difficult thing to train for and "routine stops" can turn into a split second life or death decision at the flip of a dime. This has to be at the forefront of a LEO's mindset at all times. Its not quite the same standard that others face at work. The training officers get has improved greatly (thanks in part to vets) but the attitude and perception of the individuals most likely to be in conflict with the police has gotten far worse......THAT is what needs to change

If the reports are true that Vindman stated the "transcript" trump released is not a complete version thats gonna be a big deal. I know many people whom have stated the lack of a direct QPQ on the call is all they need to exonerate trump. If it turns out trumps team manipulated the transcript to omit certain things as vindman said then trump is going to have real trouble keeping moderates on his side.

If whomever overheard this call doesn't come forward to be questioned and viewed by the public, his or her's credibility is bunk with the public. Sure it's easy to omit things. Its easy to say you heard something you didn't really hear as well......

Allow what to go on? Have you ever been faced with having to make the split second decisions some of these men and women have to make in the line of duty? Its a very difficult thing to train for and "routine stops" can turn into a split second life or death decision at the flip of a dime. This has to be at the forefront of a LEO's mindset at all times. Its not quite the same standard that others face at work. The training officers get has improved greatly (thanks in part to vets) but the attitude and perception of the individuals most likely to be in conflict with the police has gotten far worse......THAT is what needs to change
I have indeed faced such decisions, but if I had not that would not invalidate my opinion. We hold troops in war zones and civilians at home to a higher standard regarding the taking of life, or at least that is what it appears to be.

If whomever overheard this call doesn't come forward to be questioned and viewed by the public, his or her's credibility is bunk with the public. Sure it's easy to omit things. Its easy to say you heard something you didn't really hear as well......

He has come forward and be said he tried 3 times to get them to make sure what he heard was on the transcript to no avail. If trump omitted the more damning aspects of the call then it is/should be really bad for trump.

I have indeed faced such decisions, but if I had not that would not invalidate my opinion. We hold troops in war zones and civilians at home to a higher standard regarding the taking of life, or at least that is what it appears to be.

I fully understand what you are saying but how many times is someone killed by a LEO and not held accountable? Of course it happens but most of the time the LEO makes the correct decision and most of the time our LEO's are held accountable when they are found to have been negligent in the line of duty. When you see city blocks burned to the ground over an unarmed black man being shot, the problem isn't the officer involved. This isn't an epidemic. More people lose their lives to doctor malpractice than a confrontation with a police officer. Does it make news headlines? Are there marches and protest? Sure you can sue the doctor but the victim doesn't always win......

My point isn't that it doesn't happen, my point is that this isn't a national crisis that its being made out to be.

He has come forward and be said he tried 3 times to get them to make sure what he heard was on the transcript to no avail. If trump omitted the more damning aspects of the call then it is/should be really bad for trump.

Has he or she come forward to the public to be questioned? In the basement huddled up with Democrats who have been trying to overturn the President being duly elected since Day 1 doesn't hold much water in my opinion. Until I see that, this is just another Democrat scam and I think most people feel that way......could be wrong but I doubt it

I doubt there is much to this, CNN is reporting the parts left out are minor. If that is if all they are reporting concerning that aspect, there isn’t anything there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back