• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that. I guess I’m just missing something that everyone else sees. I have no bad intentions in any way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have always prided myself that I wasn't but since I don't have any other perspective than my own I may have offended some of my friends from time to time. I ask . You might be surprised at what you hear. Not saying they will beat you up but it might help you understand some of the reasons people are talking about this. Your friendship will get stronger.

Not covering for anyone. It's common knowledge that very "Book" intelligent people sometimes lack basic human to human skills. Same thing with "Life common sense" skills such as how to repair my own vehicle or live off the land. Another example would be: You and I being lost separately in the wilderness.... I'd be the one walking out.

Last time I checked it wasn’t 10000 BC and we have this thing called civilization and technology, not sure if you heard of it but it’s pretty cool because ya know you don’t have to live off the land anymore and go hunting/gathering or walk aimlessly in the wilderness. I swear, so many boomers have this useless self-bravado about living in the wild. Wow? You can fix your own car and you can “live off the land”?! That’s awesome! Meanwhile I’ll be over here if you need me, working on things that actually matter in life like bettering society and the future human race

In any case, all of this has what exactly to do with Trump’s previous tweet?

Back to what I said above I’ve seen. Black doctors lawyers managers restaurant owners. Very successful isn’t that opportunity?

So they were doing a segment on good morning America the other morning. The topic was home schooling during the pandemic.

Specifically Detroit where they highlighted a black family where there was only 1 laptop for the family they had to share. Inadequate internet and the participation rates at the inner city school was in the 40% range.

Now the richer HS actually gave their students each a laptop. All of them had better wifi and the participation rates were upper 80s I believe.

Think about that for a sec. Are there successful African Americans? Of course but systematically its harder for them to succeed.

I have always prided myself that I wasn't but since I don't have any other perspective than my own I may have offended some of my friends from time to time. I ask . You might be surprised at what you hear. Not saying they will beat you up but it might help you understand some of the reasons people are talking about this. Your friendship will get stronger.

I respect this actually. Most decent and straight forward thing said to me on this board

So they were doing a segment on good morning America the other morning. The topic was home schooling during the pandemic.

Specifically Detroit where they highlighted a black family where there was only 1 laptop for the family they had to share. Inadequate internet and the participation rates at the inner city school was in the 40% range.

Now the richer HS actually gave their students each a laptop. All of them had better wifi and the participation rates were upper 80s I believe.

Think about that for a sec. Are there successful African Americans? Of course but systematically its harder for them to succeed.

Wouldn’t this be more a poverty issue verses a racial one?

Last time I checked it wasn’t 10000 BC and we have this thing called civilization and technology, not sure if you heard of it but it’s pretty cool because ya know you don’t have to live off the land anymore and go hunting/gathering or walk aimlessly in the wilderness. I swear, so many boomers have this useless self-bravado about living in the wild. Wow? You can fix your own car and you can “live off the land”?! That’s awesome! Meanwhile I’ll be over here if you need me, working on things that actually matter in life like bettering society and the future human race

In any case, all of this has what exactly to do with Trump’s previous tweet?

^^^ Exhibit A, B, C......... LOL ^^^

Better off talking to a brick wall than someone like Jessy89, the same dude who “predicted” there would only be 10,000 deaths from covid-19 even when it became beyond obvious that was not even in the same universe as reality.
Hey, you can’t fix stupid & its not worth even trying to today
Then why are you doing it this way? He will never listen if you yell and insult him.

Okay. You're one step closer to understanding.........which race tends to live in poverty more than the other?

Technically I’m in poverty. 25k a year for family of 5. But we manage and do ok. Perhaps I’m just sheltered idk.

No just because you have some black friends doesn’t mean you’re not racist. That should be common sense...

Only black people I have a issue with. Same goes for whites Mexican etc. is the ones that deal drugs or a danger to my family. So 3yrs ago I took my family to Atlanta a black man asked my wife to come back to his room to have sex. Except his language was very vulgar. She was so terrified from this and I have no doubt he probably didn’t have good intentions.

Only black people I have a issue with. Same goes for whites Mexican etc. is the ones that deal drugs or a danger to my family. So 3yrs ago I took my family to Atlanta a black man asked my wife to come back to his room to have sex. Except his language was very vulgar. She was so terrified from this and I have no doubt he probably didn’t have good intentions.

“Only black people I have an issue with”

Stop right there, if you do not see the glaring issue right here and you don’t think this is in any way racist no one can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back