• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people would act like they supposed to then you wouldn’t have racism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except you forgot the part about where blacks overall still have disproportionately harder upbringing, lower socioeconomic status, less access to resources and still have to deal with ignorant white people who have absolutely no idea what they still have to go thru to this very day.

They’re still suffering from the residual consequences of extremely piss poor post civil war and civil rights era policies.

Oh I agree on the stubborn side. But to act like it’s just one side or group of people here is oblivious thinking. Both sides are brainwashed into the same few talking points and refuse to even listen to the others.
Until basically 60 years ago, for the entire history of the US, racism has been just one-sided.

Except you forgot the part about where blacks overall still have disproportionately harder upbringing, lower socioeconomic status, less access to resources and still have to deal with ignorant white people who have absolutely no idea what they still have to go thru to this very day.

They’re still suffering from the residual consequences of extremely piss poor post civil war and civil rights era policies.

I don’t see that here. What I see here is blacks driving fancy cars getting a 1k a month in EBT. And section 8 apartments with low rent. I think there taken care of pretty well

It astounds me how unaware you are; that you’re basically doubling-down with a racist statement like this.. gosh America has a major issue

At some point blacks need to leave the past in the past. Today isn’t like the slave days but yet they still wanna whine about it.

It is comforting to know that our generation clearly gets this, so there is some hope on the horizon

I don’t see that here. What I see here is blacks driving fancy cars getting a 1k a month in EBT. And section 8 apartments with low rent. I think there taken care of pretty well

Racist white people like you are what truly motivates the BLM movement.

At some point blacks need to leave the past in the past. Today isn’t like the slave days but yet they still wanna whine about it.

It’s hard to leave the “past in the past” when those same people are STILL suffering from the consequences of our prior actions. The lives for black people in the US didn’t magically become just as good as the average white man after slavery or Jim Crow laws ended (& they still haven’t).

It’s hard to leave the “past in the past” when those same people are STILL suffering from the consequences of our prior actions. The lives for black people in the US didn’t magically become just as good as the average white man after slavery or Jim Crow laws ended (& they still haven’t).

I think blacks pretty much have equal rights as whites do today

Okay here is a little analogy for you.. imagine society as a river.. A flow to a good life.. now back in the slave days, blacks weren’t able to swim in this river.. now they are allowed too.. however unlike the white people they are forced to paddle upstream fighting the current.. so no we clearly aren’t equal yet, we have work to do.. so don’t act like they are treated as equals because they’re not..

Not racist at all I got black friends that criticize there own race

Yeah it’s extremely racist and ignorant to say “well all I see is black people driving in fancy cars & living in upscale apartments, committing crimes, etc.” you are so out of touch it’s scary...

Yeah it’s extremely racist and ignorant to say “well all I see is black people driving in fancy cars & living in upscale apartments, committing crimes, etc.” you are so out of touch it’s scary...

I’m just saying what I see. Why sugar coat or lie about it

Okay here is a little analogy for you.. imagine society as a river.. A flow to a good life.. now back in the slave days, blacks weren’t able to swim in this river.. now they are allowed too.. however unlike the white people they are forced to paddle upstream fighting the current.. so no we clearly aren’t equal yet, we have work to do.. so don’t act like they are treated as equals because they’re not..
Exactly

I’m just saying what I see. Why sugar coat or lie about it

You also fail to realize that why you see and what you’re willing to see in your small, comfortable bubble is such a tiny fraction of reality and you ignorantly don’t understand why Black people are pissed off?
Why sugar coat it or lie? Well at least you admit you’re ignorant and racist...

Oh I agree on the stubborn side. But to act like it’s just one side or group of people here is oblivious thinking. Both sides are brainwashed into the same few talking points and refuse to even listen to the others.
Debate 101.
1 know and understand you opponents position
2 be able to effectively argue the other side.
3 never ever become emotional.
Extra points if you know why they FEEL the way they do.
Otherwise you should just go yell at the mirror.

Those rights are equal on paper but they haven’t been that way for very long & they’re certainly not enforced equally.

I see blacks managing restaurants and stores. Some are doctors and lawyers making just as much or more as whites. If that’s not equal opportunity I don’t know what is

You also fail to realize that why you see and what you’re willing to see in your small, comfortable bubble is such a tiny fraction of reality and you ignorantly don’t understand why Black people are pissed off?
Why sugar coat it or lie? Well at least you admit you’re ignorant and racist...

Wouldn’t have black friends if I where racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back