• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean do we really need to wonder why they wont disclose who got all that money........this is our money we deserve to know how it is being spent, this just ties back into Trump's removal of IG's and his complete disdain for any kind of oversight into what he or his admin does....

No transparency — In a stunning move, the Trump administration is signaling that it won’t disclose the recipients of more than $500 billion in bailout money delivered to 4.5 million businesses through the PPP. Mnuchin says it’s “proprietary” and “confidential” information. The GAO told POLITICO that the Small Business Administration is also withholding PPP loan data the agency requested as part of its oversight efforts.
I admit Trump gave it to me. Got me.

1. I agree with Schumer here 100%. That's a terrible example to set and is downright dangerous to those people in the crowd there, especially since it is inside and they don't even have masks on. Some in the Trump Administration, like Trump and Pence, have been awful with regard to following their own guidelines!

2. But the double standard being exhibited by Schumer is laughable. What about the millions of tightly packed protestors the last 17 days? Did he say anything negative about those with regard to the virus spread? Come on man, this is almost an insult to our intelligence!

"'The vice president yesterday was photographed with campaign staffers in a tight space, no social distancing,' Schumer said Thursday. 'The very least the administration could do is lead by example and often cannot even manage that much.'”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...te-house-moves-on/ar-BB15m9ff?ocid=spartanntp

Sounds like a very educated and tolerant community
Wilkes isn’t alone. Pretty much every county in this state. So much so that oh so tolerant orange and Durham counties banned them from school property after a mom in chapel hill complained about a truck flying a rebel flag in the carpool . Wake county hasn’t banned them and many people still don that kind of stuff in school. Actually even a few black kids used to wear confederate belt buckles while I was in high school which was barely 2 years ago.

Gas station near my house actually sells the flag wonder where they get it from.

Yeah , Jimmy nailed this. While we may have been the last it was a long line of offenders.

Well unfortunately I wouldn't say we were the last. I think slavery is quite common in pockets of modern day Middle East, and Africa. And sexual slavery is widespread around the world, which is all about profiting off the abuse and torture of others, including children. ?

You could make the same point without resorting to a condescending personal attack...
You could also make better posts if you actually checked your sources... but I digress.
Theres no condescension here, if you’re gonna justify the president or anyone using ss as an acronym, you’re an idiot.
There’s a very very good reason the secret service does not use that acronym, it’s not that hard to figure out.

Sorry I just don’t have time for stupid

In Wilkes all the kids (starting in elementary school) wear rebel flag shirts.they have been harder to find I think local Walmart stopped so people here make their own or find at flea markets

I think this is pretty awesome. No need for people to change just to cater to a select race of idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also make better posts if you actually checked your sources... but I digress.
Theres no condescension here, if you’re gonna justify the president or anyone using ss as an acronym, you’re an idiot.
There’s a very very good reason the secret service does not use that acronym, it’s not that hard to figure out.

Sorry I just don’t have time for stupid

You may be fantastic at weather, which I appreciate you for, but you most definitely lack the skill set to debate.

At this point blacks are racist towards whites

You’re clueless... as usual.

Being oppressed for 250+ years and having to start from scratch only decades ago and watching yet another one of your black men being senselessly killed even if said killing wasn’t entirely motivated by race, probably pisses you off. Then to have white people whine about how black people are being racist to them now... it’s a joke really.

It’s pretty complicated when you try to see things from another person’s point of view and imagine what it’s like to step in their shoes. I personally don’t expect you or many other hard core righties on this forum to be smart or willing enough to understand what’s going on. I surely never will fully get there being where I came from but I’m certainly listening.

You may be fantastic at weather, which I appreciate you for, but you most definitely lack the skill set to debate.
Debate? What debate? You mean the part where having your own president in writing use the SS acronym when a) that’s not the secret service acronym in the first place & b) it directly refers to Nazi Germany? Yeah that’s totally justifiable!

The lengths some people on here go to cover for their beloved president...
? ? ?

You’re clueless... as usual.

Being oppressed for 250+ years and having to start from scratch only decades ago and watching yet another one of your black men being senselessly killed even if said killing wasn’t entirely motivated by race, probably pisses you off. Then to have white people whine about how black people are being racist to them now... it’s a joke really.

It’s pretty complicated when you try to see things from another person’s point of view and imagine what it’s like to step in their shoes. I personally don’t expect you or many other hard core righties on this forum to be smart or willing enough to understand what’s going on. I surely never will fully get there being where I came from but I’m certainly listening.

Please whites have been killed by police to. Racism is caused by blacks own ignorance at this point

It’s insane how incompetently stubborn some people are, refusing to leave their comfortable sociopolitical echo chambers
Oh I agree on the stubborn side. But to act like it’s just one side or group of people here is oblivious thinking. Both sides are brainwashed into the same few talking points and refuse to even listen to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back