• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The White House says it’s onboard for another round of “Trump Checks.” Man, what luck to have this pandemic strike during an election year. Free money for everyone!
As much as I know people need the money right now we can’t keep blowing through money that we don’t actually have. I’m one of the few lucky people to have parents considered essential so I don’t understand what people who have been laid off are going through but we can’t just keep increasing the debt like we’re not gonna have to deal with it in the future. I’d hate to be anybody in government right now in this situation no matter what u do you really don’t “win.”

Thank ya. I appreciate it. My other grandmother had it, I know it's not a pleasant experience.

My mom has dementia setting in and its weird how it affects people so differently. Her dad had it and he was just forgetful and talked nonstop and would sort of be a broken record same stories over and over.

My mom does that too but she also has a lot more delusions. She can daydream something into existence and then theres no convincing her otherwise.

My mom has dementia setting in and its weird how it affects people so differently. Her dad had it and he was just forgetful and talked nonstop and would sort of be a broken record same stories over and over.

My mom does that too but she also has a lot more delusions. She can daydream something into existence and then theres no convincing her otherwise.
Yes most def. It definitely affects different people differently with different severity levels.

You so badly want this to be anything other than what it really is. Why not just accept the data and the facts and work on a solid plan to work through it? Why this need to downplay and provide misleading information to try and change reality?

I am not wanting it to be anything other than what it is. There is not definite proof these are linked yet. Yes good possibility but then again cancer linked to preservatives is a good possibility. If we are not careful and not be so gullible. Before you know it every single death will be linked to this virus. Look at how many different things have been said about this virus. Mask to no mask to mask. Passing gas can spread it. Eyes can catch the virus in air. It’s in stools. It’s in semen. Sexually transmitted. On certain surfaces. In air for certain length of times. Can test positive then test negative. Fruits and goats tested positive for virus. Heat and sun help destroy it. Now heat and sun don’t. No swimming because it’s in water and chlorine does not kill it. It’s on beaches and sand. On and on and on the merry go round we go. Yet still not sure where it came from or want animal or lab. See all these are actual articles been written about it. What I see is a virus that will not stop or be contained. It will run its course.
This was posted by someone.

To give the other side, my brother is an executive for an assisted living company in GA. He oversees quite a few facilities in north GA. They have followed all Covid procedures which has left these poor seniors basically in quarantine except what little they say the service staff. Meals are alone in their room. No visitors. They get outside time but have to be apart to do it. He says in the last month they have seen a huge increase in falls (leading to serious injuries and in a couple of cases death), markers for cognitive decline are increasing, depression, etc. He says it's a sad situation. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Quite a few children are pulling their parents out now because they cant stand to see their parents in that situation.
So this is called saving our elders? It’s called treating them like prisoners and their families also. This is not humane. You say saving lives? You think your loved ones want to die alone and staring at walls? My said to me she will take her chances. That sitting at home and staring at walls and not seeing family is not living. Maybe we all need to look at how we’re treating those elders and the ones we love. Allowing them to die alone. It’s torture to those elders. It’s a disgrace we allow this to go on. All in the name of saving the older high risk people. Maybe we should ask the older high risk in hospitals and nursing homes what they want. Instead of making the choices for them. You said your grandad is dying. Dying alone. That’s in humane. That’s not love.

No bias in your article from the WaPo. :rolleyes:

"In recent days, Trump has sought to amplify an “Obamagate” conspiracy theory that has taken root on the right that falsely suggests Obama and former vice president Joe Biden oversaw an effort to spy on Trump’s campaign to delegitimize his presidency."

Never the less, they'll be doing it in phases. They wouldn't start at the top and work the way down.

Well, it's false. We have to call these out, can't just let these conspiracy theories and outright lies and projections stand.
One thing you can be sure of: if Trump accuses someone of something, it's because he already did it.

This is just not even funny. The man has no business running for President.
if were talking about talking then trump has no business being President of the United States of America.

if were talking about talking then trump has no business being President of the United States of America.
The man has dementia. If you’re good with him not being able to communicate then keep him.

This is the one where he said we've "lost over 85,000 jobs and millions of lives ". Kinda sad
It’s very sad. He will not be able to make it thru any debate or speech. Makes it easier for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back