• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love people standing up to govt. making laws they should not be able to just make.

So, are you encouraging folks to break laws? Are you only going to follow laws you like? That's not a very Republican thing to do. Haven't Republicans in the past prided themselves on being law abiding? Also, aren't most conservatives in favor of "States' Rights"?

Are you a fan of Antifa, which encouraged lawlessness? I don't like them for that reason. But what about you?

You do realize there were other patients there that did not have it? What if no patients had it? Bottom line is these are the high risk people you say we could infect. So I’m not sure why it’s ok now to just say if nurse had it and patient did to let the others that are high risk also be exposed. So if you had a loved one in that home would you be ok if a patient had it and a nurse also but let the nurse go to other patients rooms to check on them even though they did not have it? As I have said. If you are scared of getting it then stay home but don’t intentionally go out to see high risk people especially the elders knowing they are more at risk. I work and keep my distance but no way I go near any hospital or nursing home at this time to take care of some of their supplies. They are set up with emails and an online way to order with me.

So im not sure how that home is handling it. My wifes work has a wing they have isolated as a "covid" wing. They had to isolate a patient at one point and kept her away from the rest. This is about as protected as they can make a retirement home. If a patient was there and a nurse had it they could feasibly stay isolated in that wing without exposing other patients.......to the best of the ability of course.

Seems logical doesnt it

So, are you encouraging folks to break laws? Are you only going to follow laws you like? That's not a very Republican thing to do. Haven't Republicans in the past prided themselves on being law abiding? Also, aren't most conservatives in favor of "States' Rights"?

Are you a fan of Antifa, which encouraged lawlessness? I don't like them for that reason. But what about you?
Certain laws I do encourage to break such as being forced to wear a mask in public. I have asthma and mask do not do well with me. Such as these stupid laws of not going to neighbors houses. I agree with most laws but some of these laws these politicians are creating during this pandemic is ridiculous. Fortunately in TN we have a governor that is business smart and does not step on peoples rights. If a business requires it I agree with. It’s not states jurisdiction to make public wear mask. Why you agree if they made a law everyone had to wear uniforms in public? No hats or hoodies? Actually never heard of antifa.

Certain laws I do encourage to break such as being forced to wear a mask in public. I have asthma and mask do not do well with me. Such as these stupid laws of not going to neighbors houses. I agree with most laws but some of these laws these politicians are creating during this pandemic is ridiculous. Fortunately in TN we have a governor that is business smart and does not step on peoples rights. If a business requires it I agree with. It’s not states jurisdiction to make public wear mask. Why you agree if they made a law everyone had to wear uniforms in public? No hats or hoodies? Actually never heard of antifa.

I may not like it, but I'd expect to follow it. The government requiring things be worn is nothing new. What about laws requiring folks to just wear clothes as opposed to being nude outside? I assume you're not against that.

Antifa is horrible and practices lawlessness:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

Last edited:
I may not like it, but I'd expect to follow it. The government requiring things be worn is nothing new. What about laws requiring folks to just wear clothes as opposed to being nude outside? I assume you're not against that.

Antifa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

Some laws are logical. I respect most laws and always will. We will agree to disagree on some.

Steele reveals he believes Hillary Clinton, Susan Rice knew about his anti-Trump research
Rice denies former British spy's account, which comes in a novel litigation by three Russian businessman suing over Britain's data laws .
Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele

Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele
(Victoria Jones, Getty Images)
By John Solomon
Last Updated:
April 29, 2020 - 4:14pm
The documents underlying his now infamous Russian dossier are long since destroyed, but Christopher Steele’s recollections of his political opposition research on President Trump nearly four years later are poised to create new heartburn for Democrats.
Steele recently testified in a British court that he believed both then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and then-Obama National Security Adviser Susan Rice were aware of his dossier research as it was going on in summer 2016.
The testimony makes his most direct link yet between his Russia collusion research and the top of the Clinton campaign and Obama White House.

Steele told a British court he believed he had been hired by the Fusion GPS firm owned by Glenn Simpson through the Democratic National Committee-linked law firm Perkins Coie to assist the Clinton campaign during the election, according to a transcript of the testimony.
“I presumed it was the Clinton campaign, and Glenn Simpson had indicated that. But I was not aware of the technicality of it being the DNC that was actually the client of Perkins Coie,” Steele testified in March under questioning from lawyers for Russian bankers suing over his research.
“You knew it was the leadership of the Clinton presidential campaign didn't you?” a lawyer for the businessmen asked.
“I believed it was the campaign. Yes,” he answered.
“The leadership of the Clinton campaign?” he was asked.
“Fine, the leadership of the campaign,” Steele conceded.
The lawyer persisted.
“You also understood that Hillary Clinton herself was aware of what you were doing?” the lawyer asked.
“I think Glenn had mentioned it, but I wasn't clear,” Steele answered.
Then Steele was confronted with what lawyers said were notes he took at a meeting with the FBI in 2016 in which he purported to tell agents that Clinton was aware of his research. The lawyers read from those notes during the court proceedings.
The notes, according to the transcript, read: “We explained that Glenn Simpson/GPS Fusion was our commissioner but the ultimate client were the leadership of the Clinton presidential campaign and that we understood the candidate herself was aware of the reporting at least, if not us.”
The lawyers prodded: “It’s your note, so we assume it’s accurate?”
“Yes,” Steele answered during the March 17 testimony. You can read that testimony here.
File
SteeleTestimonyonClinton.pdf

Messages seeking comment that were left Tuesday at Hillary Clinton’s office and the Clinton family library were not returned.
A day later in additional testimony, Steele was asked how he came to present some of his dossier findings to the U.S. State Department during an October 2016 meeting with then-Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kavalec.
The former British MI6 agent turned private intelligence investigator said his meeting was set up by State officials Jonathan Winer and Victoria Nuland after longtime Clinton adviser and friend Strobe Talbott had reached out to him.
“The meeting was set up by a State Department official called John Winer,” Steele explained.
“At your request?” the lawyers asked.
“No, at his request, his suggestion. He invited us into meet, as I understood it, at her request, Assistant Secretary of State Nuland,” Steele answered.
The lawyers asked whether Talbott opened the door in October.
“I think Strobe Talbott had gotten in touch with us much earlier than that,” Steele answered. “I remember taking a phone call from him, your lordship, earlier in the summer in which he said that he was aware that I had — he spoke in fairly cryptic terms — but he was aware that we had material of relevance to the U.S. election.
“A little bit of background, if I may, your lordship on that,” Steele added. “Both National Security Advisor at the time Susan Rice and Åssistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, who were the key policymakers on Russia, had been colleagues of Mr. Talbott. And I had, although he didn't state it explicitly, one or either or both of them had briefed him on the work we had been doing.”
You can read that part of the testimony here.
File
SteeleRiceTalbottTestimony.pdf

Winer has acknowledged having contact with Steele in the summer of 2016, and Nuland has also acknowledged she was aware State officials met with the British operative. Erin Pelton, a spokeswoman for Rice, told Just the News on Tuesday that Steele’s claim was “utterly and completely false.”
Steele’s testimony provides other insights key to the ongoing investigation of the investigators in the Russia collusion probe.
Steele often disputed negative or contradictory accounts offered by other Russia case figures about his work, suggesting Kavalec’s notes of his meeting contained some “fairly odd things” and that Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s account of an interview with him was at times inaccurate.
“All I know is they got some of it wrong,” Steele said of the IG report.
As for senior Justice Department official Bruce Ohr’s account of one of their meetings, Steele added: “I think Bruce Ohr has misreported it ... or misremembered it.”
He also revealed that one piece of anti-Trump information he obtained in 2016 — a since-debunked claim that Trump secretly may have communicated with Russia through a computer server at the Alfa Bank — didn’t come from a Russian intelligence source but rather was brought to his attention by one of the lawyers at Perkins Coie.
And Steele divulged he paid some of his sources of information as much as $3,000 to $5,000 a month, prompting the lawyers for the plaintiffs to ask whether that might have compromised some of the information he got.
“So they had a financial incentive to feed you stuff that was interesting, right?” a lawyer asked.
“Yes, that is true,” Steele answered. “But they were paid also to do other project work.” Steele added he didn’t think his sources would mislead him because they could be terminated if they did so.
Steele also told the court that most of his emails and other documents related to the dossier were destroyed by early January 2017 after he completed the project.
The British lawsuit is being brought under the Data Protection Act of 1998 by three international businessmen from Russia, arising out of the processing of their personal data in the Steele

Everyone,Trump etc calling out for Schiff to release the Russia Documents. Cant find Schiffty Schiff anywhere now a days. We all should stand up to this charade, I dont care if its Obama,Trump fill in the blank. And the MSM enabled every bit of this charade because the perputrators are held to 0 accountability. Fact they are enablers.

Love people standing up to govt. making laws they should not be able to just make.
“I HATE it when I’m being told to care about public health! I’m so selfish, I don’t give a crap about what happens to anyone around me!”

- you

you and literally everyone else having a little hissy fit about being locked in for not even 5 weeks. Instead of demanding suspension of mortgage, rent, utilities, car payments, etc., you demand to go back to work so you can potentially expose yourselves. Just.. wow. Super wow. This is why I don’t post in this thread anymore. The things I read here by certain posters just.. makes my brain implode

“I HATE it when I’m being told to care about public health! I’m so selfish, I don’t give a crap about what happens to anyone around me!”

- you

you and literally everyone else having a little hissy fit about being locked in for not even 5 weeks. Instead of demanding suspension of mortgage, rent, utilities, car payments, etc., you demand to go back to work so you can potentially expose yourselves. Just.. wow. Super wow. This is why I don’t post in this thread anymore. The things I read here by certain posters just.. makes my brain implode
I don’t demand because I’m an essential worker. I had no problem with shut down till end of April. If you would read my posts earlier Instead of spouting off you would see why America must go back to work. No one is forcing you to come out of your house. Stay indoors. Barricade yourself inside. If you are getting paid then good for you. Cold hard truth is wo an economy means no money as I said earlier. No money means homelessness, poverty, diseases, crimes, sickness and deaths! Yes deaths! Not sure why it’s hard for some to realize this. You want to sacrifice the economy to save some lives. I get it. Now you go work the food banks and as I said earlier tell those people and their families and their children that it was worth them sacrificing their livelihood to save some and not spread the virus. Don’t think you will like the response unless you are willing to take them in and feed and shelter them. Please let us know how it works out for you. So next time don’t accuse me of not caring. If I did not I would not be out working to keep trucking and mining and military as part of my job moving. Also I am helping hospitals and nursing homes also but thru computers and emails. I do care because I don’t go into those high risk areas. Is not demanding suspension of all my bills a hissy fit? Sorry but I’m not into demanding free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hilarious that there is now infighting among the Reopen NC folks after someone damaged the gate at the governor's mansion. The "Karens" just don't know what to do. The entitlement on display at these events is laughable at best.

I find it hilarious that there is now infighting among the Reopen NC folks after someone damaged the gate at the governor's mansion. The "Karens" just don't know what to do. The entitlement on display at these events is laughable at best.
I do not support anyone hurting or damaging or berating over this. It’s ridiculous. Both sides lose no matter which path we take.

Anyone find it ironic how some of the people who said we should believe the women accusing Kavanaugh are now saying they believe Joe Biden’s claim that he is innocent, despite the accusations from women claiming to be a victim?

Kirstin Gilligrand for example in September 2018

“What Republicans are doing to Dr. Ford is shameful. By refusing to treat her allegations properly and by playing games to protect Kavanaugh’s nomination, they’re telling women across the country that they’re not to be believed.”

“Any senator who votes to confirm Judge Kavanaugh after Dr. Ford’s testimony is telling our country exactly this: the experiences of women don’t matter. Their trauma doesn’t matter. Their stories and their voices don’t matter.”

Present day regarding Joe Biden.
“Vice President Biden has vehemently denied these allegations, and I support Vice President Biden.”

I think Tara Reade should be heard as should Trump's many accusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back