• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish there was a middle ground emoji. Not a full on thumbs up but not a thumbs down either.
I say those things because I know too many "rich" people without a pot to piss in while my sister (left with 2 kids) put herself through school, has paid of her beautiful home, has zero debt and is putting her fist born through college. If we want to help people buy them a Dave Ramsey book! I found out what "real poverty" was when I went to Afghanistan, Haiti and a few other places that have a tendency to humble an individual. "MOST" of our problems are simply self inflicted. Instead of worrying about what the CEO makes and what causes poverty, folks should focus on what causes prosperity

Another question for the reopen crowd. Let's say we see another big surge in cases. Yall keep talking about financial ruin for people but how about the 10s of thousands of people who may need extended hospitalization? How much do you think a week at the hospital will set back most families. Never mind a week or 2 on a ventilator in ICU.

Well one is an *if*, the other is a certainty.

I say that as someone who is on the fence.

Grabien (@GrabienMedia) Tweeted:
VIDEO - @SpeakerPelosi Runs for Cover After CNBC’s Jim Cramer Challenges Her on Growing Class Divide https://t.co/FYiXrAf7ul

She was thinking of her ice cream in her nice 24k refrigerators and not sharing any.

Love that we have some governors that believe in freedoms and stand up for them. Houston and Austin mayors stated they would fine anyone in public wo a mask $1000. The governor said NO! These liberal mayors think they can just step all over people.

My three kids and about 7 other neighborhood kids have been playing football, basketball, jumping on our trampoline; etc; etc; for several weeks now. We tried very hard at first and then we gave up.

My three kids and about 7 other neighborhood kids have been playing football, basketball, jumping on our trampoline; etc; etc; for several weeks now. We tried very hard at first and then we gave up.
Wait till they get to college ... "No" is even harder then (because you probably remember that phase of life yourself more vividly, I think) ... :cool:

Anyone find it ironic how some of the people who said we should believe the women accusing Kavanaugh are now saying they believe Joe Biden’s claim that he is innocent, despite the accusations from women claiming to be a victim?

Kirstin Gilligrand for example in September 2018

“What Republicans are doing to Dr. Ford is shameful. By refusing to treat her allegations properly and by playing games to protect Kavanaugh’s nomination, they’re telling women across the country that they’re not to be believed.”

“Any senator who votes to confirm Judge Kavanaugh after Dr. Ford’s testimony is telling our country exactly this: the experiences of women don’t matter. Their trauma doesn’t matter. Their stories and their voices don’t matter.”

Present day regarding Joe Biden.
“Vice President Biden has vehemently denied these allegations, and I support Vice President Biden.”

Anyone find it ironic how some of the people who said we should believe the women accusing Kavanaugh are now saying they believe Joe Biden’s claim that he is innocent, despite the accusations from women claiming to be a victim?

“What Republicans are doing to Dr. Ford is shameful. By refusing to treat her allegations properly and by playing games to protect Kavanaugh’s nomination, they’re telling women across the country that they’re not to be believed.”

“Any senator who votes to confirm Judge Kavanaugh after Dr. Ford’s testimony is telling our country exactly this: the experiences of women don’t matter. Their trauma doesn’t matter. Their stories and their voices don’t matter.”

“Vice President Biden has vehemently denied these allegations, and I support Vice President Biden.”

Yeah both sides are gonna have to eat their hypocrisy on this one. Just goes to show how quickly change perspectives when they have to protect their own.

Lol.....Dead silence from all of them. When you dont have the courage to "immediately" condemn Biden like they did Kavanaugh it tells you everything you need to know about these "liberal women". They are just like Hillary who destroyed the women who accused Bill. Pathetic representation of women

Lol.....Dead silence from all of them. When you dont have the courage to "immediately" condemn Biden like they did Kavanaugh it tells you everything you need to know about these "liberal women". They are just like Hillary who destroyed the women who accused Bill. Pathetic representation of women

Same can be said for all the ones who dismissed or glossed over trump accusers now demanding biden be held accountable.

We have a beautiful black water pond about 25 acres. We only let close family fish it and my BIL who manages fisheries keeps it stocked and balanced. The bass are super aggresive. Nothing to go out in a day and catch a dozen 3lb average bass. Big fun!
Lol.....wrong thread!

Last edited:
Good for them. Kids need to have fun and not live in fear. As long as they are trying to be safe that’s what matters.

Well sounds like Cuomo was wanting to reach that needed 40k ventilators by doing things like this.

If both the patient and the nurse already both had it then why did it matter? Would you rather him bring in a negative nurse and infect them too?

If both the patient and the nurse already both had it then why did it matter? Would you rather him bring in a negative nurse and infect them too?
You do realize there were other patients there that did not have it? What if no patients had it? Bottom line is these are the high risk people you say we could infect. So I’m not sure why it’s ok now to just say if nurse had it and patient did to let the others that are high risk also be exposed. So if you had a loved one in that home would you be ok if a patient had it and a nurse also but let the nurse go to other patients rooms to check on them even though they did not have it? As I have said. If you are scared of getting it then stay home but don’t intentionally go out to see high risk people especially the elders knowing they are more at risk. I work and keep my distance but no way I go near any hospital or nursing home at this time to take care of some of their supplies. They are set up with emails and an online way to order with me. A negative nurse yes of course. If she is willing and younger why not? That is why she is a nurse. That’s part of risk of being a nurse. Being younger she will most likely be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back