• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These two officers should be dismissed immediately. Also where are their masks and gloves? All the people the officers are around spreading the virus.

Another question for the reopen crowd. Let's say we see another big surge in cases. Yall keep talking about financial ruin for people but how about the 10s of thousands of people who may need extended hospitalization? How much do you think a week at the hospital will set back most families. Never mind a week or 2 on a ventilator in ICU.

Are you willing to sign a waiver that if you go out and get it that since you are for reopening that you waive medical treatment for it?

Cops were a bit over the top.
Sure. Are you willing also since you go out also? To Lowe’s and to the store also to work? You could be asymptomatic and be spreading it. You should stay at home and not go anywhere. That is what you want correct?

Another question for the reopen crowd. Let's say we see another big surge in cases. Yall keep talking about financial ruin for people but how about the 10s of thousands of people who may need extended hospitalization? How much do you think a week at the hospital will set back most families. Never mind a week or 2 on a ventilator in ICU.
A question for you. Will you go work at the food banks and tell all those starving losing everything. I will give you food and take care of you? Losing your way to provide was worth it. Your sacrifice saved so many. Think they would be happy to hear those words?

A question for you. Will you go work at the food banks and tell all those starving losing everything. I will give you food and take care of you? Losing your way to provide was worth it. Your sacrifice saved so many. Think they would be happy to hear those words?

You know i am as capitalist as it gets. There use to be a time in this country where companies took care of their employees instead of their CEOs. Maybe its high time for these companies to remember how they make their money. On the backs of their workers. My neighbor is out of work and his company is still paying him 80% pay. Its disappointing to see so many companies abandoning their workers.

Posted in Corona Virus thread. Thought it might be relevant here as well.

"While dealing with a COVID-19 pandemic, we are also on the brink of a hunger pandemic," Beasley told the council. "There is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of COVID-19 than from the virus itself."

Breaking911 (@Breaking911) Tweeted:
HEARTBREAKING: Distraught NYC food truck owner slams Mayor de Blasio after she was forced to ice her own husband’s corpse for days after he died from suspected coronavirus

Govt will take care of you right?

I love that it says crazed power trip. I wish RPD broke up parties that nicely when I was in college
Yeah that was outlandish......lol. Cops have a tough job. Until this crap hit I was training Afghani police and special forces. Talk about fun times!

I don't feel threatened in the least by anything specific Donald Trump has done......What has he implemented in his policy that directly threatens me?
Classic republican, don't care when other people are affected but oh boy as soon as you are affected I'm sure that you will be screaming your head off. Have some empathy for your fellow man.

You know i am as capitalist as it gets. There use to be a time in this country where companies took care of their employees instead of their CEOs. Maybe its high time for these companies to remember how they make their money. On the backs of their workers. My neighbor is out of work and his company is still paying him 80% pay. Its disappointing to see so many companies abandoning their workers.
You have to remember that over 90% of these businesses are self owned And small businesses in America. Large companies are far and few between in America.

Posted in Corona Virus thread. Thought it might be relevant here as well.

"While dealing with a COVID-19 pandemic, we are also on the brink of a hunger pandemic," Beasley told the council. "There is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of COVID-19 than from the virus itself."

But several in here do not believe that is even possible.

But several in here do not believe that is even possible.

Wait a sec. We've never once discussed developing nations. We have discussed the USA which is far better positioned to handle this than those countries.

Like i said all i saw at lowes were people buying blinds, paints, flowers and non essential items. If Americans are so broke and on the brink they sure are spending their remaining money recklessly.

Wait a sec. We've never once discussed developing nations. We have discussed the USA which is far better positioned to handle this than those countries.

Like i said all i saw at lowes were people buying blinds, paints, flowers and non essential items. If Americans are so broke and on the brink they sure are spending their remaining money recklessly.
Have to somewhat agree here. That's also one thing that drives me insane about people in general when they end up broke and complaining. So many people have so little understanding of the value of a dollar. They focus on why they are a have not instead of how easy it is be one of the haves. The large majority of people in this country that call themselves poor, broke and disgusted don't have to be. They CHOOSE TO BE! This is why you have a Democrat party that panders to these people every 4 years

I agree that some people spend their money foolishly and recklessly. You also have to remember that we’re only seeing the 29% that are broke at the food banks right now. Within 2 to 3 weeks 160,000,000 will join that list of completely broke. That is 49% of Americans. Which is not the ones you will see spending money at Lowe’s they will be at the food banks. Do you really believe America can handle that many Americans completely broke? Also as other nations go broke the food sources dry up from around the world which will affect America. Food banks are already stating they are drying up. People will stop donating when they realize food sources are dwindling. Which goes back to what I have been saying. Without an economy There is no money which will bring forth death and social unrest and chaos. That is why I say you cannot stay shut down forever you have to face this virus And accept that people will die from it and there’s nothing we can do to change that.

Have to somewhat agree here. That's also one thing that drives me insane about people in general when they end up broke and complaining. So many people have so little understanding of the value of a dollar. They focus on why they are a have not instead of how easy it is be one of the haves. The large majority of people in this country that call themselves poor, broke and disgusted don't have to be. They CHOOSE TO BE! This is why you have a Democrat party that panders to these people every 4 years

Wish there was a middle ground emoji. Not a full on thumbs up but not a thumbs down either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back