• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood but do you think its safe and smart for "you" to be going to work? You could potentiality get infected and carry it out into the public.
Or he could get it on the products that he is selling to the medical community and passing it to the hospitals

Yeah its risky and no I don't go flouting around in public. When I have to go to my parents I stay outside and talk to my mom through the window.
Not everyone that is out are just flouting some people are just trying to make a living just like you

We will be fine even if we don't follow the guidelines. I'm glad the panic is almost over for Georgia and we can get back re-building our economy!
The panic will restart because people will go back to how we were last year too fast and forget everything when the second wave hits. I get the economy thing, but we're trying to properly work through the virus. We will see over the next few months if it was reasonable, but being hesitant to start with and jumping the gun early I feel isn't going to do us good. Also if you use the IHME model, which updated 2 days ago, GA hasn't peaked yet and will in 5 days. Apparently some want to kick it back further...

The panic will restart because people will go back to how we were last year too fast and forget everything when the second wave hits. I get the economy thing, but we're trying to properly work through the virus. We will see over the next few months if it was reasonable, but being hesitant to start with and jumping the gun early I feel isn't going to do us good. Also if you use the IHME model, which updated 2 days ago, GA hasn't peaked yet and will in 5 days. Apparently some want to kick it back further...
Hopefully not. Everywhere I go everyone is keeping social distancing and respecting. I have faith the majority of people will continue doing these things for a very long long time. No handshakes or being close. Not sure how stadiums will address the opening. Sports also. Even when a vaccine is made I will not take it. I will give it a couple years before I take it. Herd immunity maybe the only cure.

Well another liberal ignorant clown.

FACT CHECK: No, Trump Did Not Tell People To ‘Inject Themselves With Disinfectant’ Or ‘Drink Bleach’
By Ryan SaavedraDailyWire.com
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a news conference in the White House in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Thursday, April 23, 2020. Trumps handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the economic collapse has shaken voters confidence in him, with the percentage of undecided voters more than doubling in the last two weeks.
Michael Reynolds/EPA/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Facebook
Twitter
Mail

Left-wing activists made multiple false and misleading claims on Thursday following President Donald Trump’s White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing in which the president commented on new scientific findings from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The activists falsely claimed that Trump “urged Americans to inject themselves with disinfectant” and “told people to drink bleach.”

To understand Trump’s remarks, it’s important to first understand the full context of what was said at the press briefing.
Bill Bryan, Under Secretary for Science and Technology at DHS, said at the press briefing, “Our most striking observation to date is the powerful effect that solar light appears to have on killing the virus, both surfaces and in the air. We’ve seen a similar effect with both temperature and humidity as well, where increasing the temperature and humidity or both is generally less favorable to the virus.”
Bryan talked about the half-life of the coronavirus on surfaces like door handles and stainless steel surfaces, saying that when they “inject” UV rays into the mix along with high temperatures and increased humidity that the virus dies quickly.
“The virus does not survive as well in droplets of saliva, and that’s important because a lot of testing being done is not necessarily being done, number one, with the COVID-19 virus and number two, in saliva or respiratory fluids,” Bryan continued. “And thirdly, the virus dies the quickest in the presence of direct sunlight under these conditions.”

991 people are talking about this

Bryan continued by noting that DHS also tested if certain types of disinfectant could kill the coronavirus.
“We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus, specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids, and I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes,” Bryan said. “Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds, and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing. Just bring it on and leaving it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster.”
Bryan added, “We’re also looking at other disinfectants, specifically looking at the COVID-19 virus in saliva.”
Immediately following these remarks, Trump said:

A few moments later, ABC News reporter Jon Karl asked Bryan, “The president mentioned the idea of a cleaner, bleach and isopropyl alcohol emerging. There’s no scenario where that could be injected into a person, is there?”
“No, I’m here to talk about the finds that we had in the study,” Bryan responded. “We don’t do that within that lab at our labs.”
Trump then clarified his remarks: “It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object.”
Trump later raised the possibility of whether UV rays could kill the coronavirus if it was on a person’s skin, in particular if it were on their hands.
“If they’re outside, right, and their hands are exposed to the sun, will that kill it as though it were a piece of metal or something else?” Trump asked.
“I don’t want to say it will at the same rate because it’s a non-porous surface, but what we do know is that we looked at the worst case scenario and the virus lives longer on non-porous surfaces,” Bryan responded. “So porous surfaces, it doesn’t live quite as long, so in theory what you said is correct.”
Left-wing activist Chris D. Jackson wrote that Trump had “urged Americans to inject themselves with disinfectant.”

402 people are talking about this

Jake Maccoby, a former speech writer for the Obama Justice Department, wrote on Twitter that Trump had “told people to drink bleach.”

He did say it. And he said it after a guy wrote him a letter suggesting it. And then today he said he was being sarcastic. If he didn't say it, then why would he try to backtrack today and say he was sarcastic? The guy is an imbecile and a sociopath.

Is there any chance that this is legit?

Interesting, Larry, but if I were not about to eat black beans and rice, I could likely, quickly find a video that says just the opposite ... interesting times ... somebody is very right and somebody is very wrong ...
:confused:

Is there any chance that this is legit?

That's a man looking for confirmation bias right there. Why doesn't he name the doctors who held this press conference? When a re those doctors and what are their pedigrees? What are there thoughts on false positives coming from the serology tests? How would those false positives effect their believes on those numbers?

What model predicted millions of deaths in California? Worst case scenario was 2.2 million nationwide over 18 months or something like that so right off the bat the doctor is exaggerating numbers.

Suspect to say the least.

Interesting though Trump is on record with agreeing 100% to fire this guy so I wonder how it will play out, I think they need to put the Capt back with his crew who obviously love the guy......

Sure sure. Right now there are third parties running, but they do not have access to ballots in all the states. The Democrats made sure of it. Thus, they have no chance. They aren't even on enough ballots to win 270. Like I said, there are only two choices.
There's more to vote for than 3rd party candidates in our elections... I didn't vote Repub or Dem or 3rd party, but I voted. See if you can figure it out

Interesting though Trump is on record with agreeing 100% to fire this guy so I wonder how it will play out, I think they need to put the Capt back with his crew who obviously love the guy......

I never agreed with firing him but most military say what he did was break chain of command. ??‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back