• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL how am I misrepresenting Reagan, seriously what in my post did that. As for no one in the party comparing to Reagan your right and wrong, currently there is no one like Reagan in the party at least to the level that Reagan was Reagan, but there are several who could be Reagan like leaders, Rubio at least was certainly one of them, Haley as well.....there are a few others as well. They would never be Reagan but there are many articles out there that compare Rubio to Reagan etc because they have a similar style and approach to politics. Sadly there will never be another Reagan but there will hopefully be someone in the GOP sometime in the near future who does what Reagan did, but that person sure as hell isnt the clown we got in charge now.

Not even close but keep trying; Rubio is a globalist patsy..

You're calling them terrorist's? That's not only ridiculous it's an insult to the folks on here who've protected your rights to stay such stupid sh$$..
So I'm insulting myself? Also, how is that an insult to the military?

So I'm insulting myself? Also, how is that an insult to the military?

Comparing people exercising their 2nd amendment rights to actual terrorists is an insult to the folks who served and died to protect your rights to say stupid shi$$.

Can't help it if you're so blinded by hate you can't see that.

Not even close but keep trying; Rubio is a globalist patsy..

Reagan was a neocon, Reagan understood the future and wanted the US to lead the world into globalization....many see Reagan's policies towards free trade as instrumental in starting the globalization of the worlds economy.

Rubio is a solid conservative and leader, if you think Rubio is a globalist patsy then you most definitely would not have supported Ronald Reagan in this day and time.

Comparing people exercising their 2nd amendment rights to actual terrorists is an insult to the folks who served and died to protect your rights to say stupid shi$$.

Can't help it if you're so blinded by hate you can't see that.
Lol you think I'm blinded by hate? Okay buddy. I fought for my own rights, thank you very much, and I'm not insulted by the stupid things you say, mainly just saddened.

Reagan was a neocon, Reagan understood the future and wanted the US to lead the world into globalization....many see Reagan's policies towards free trade as instrumental in starting the globalization of the worlds economy.

Rubio is a solid conservative and leader, if you think Rubio is a globalist patsy then you most definitely would not have supported Ronald Reagan in this day and time.
So after seeing the results of globalization NAFTA specifically, you still think that's in Americas best interest? If so that explains it all. I used to think like a "good" conservative too.

There will never be anyone like Reagan in politics. Every single one in politics today on both sides are all clowns and only care about themselves. I don’t see it getting any better going forward because they all sale their souls to just get elected. You don’t like Trump. Just wait if Biden wins.

Lol you think I'm blinded by hate? Okay buddy. I fought for my own rights, thank you very much, and I'm not insulted by the stupid things you say, mainly just saddened.

Then feel free to exercise them as you are; doesn't mean I have to agree with you which obviously I don't and you're still insulting the vast majority of folks who served and died or were forever maimed by comparing American's lawfully and peacefully exercising their 2nd amendment rights to actual terrorists who you say you fought which makes it even more incredible you'd insult yourself too.

Happy days...

So after seeing the results of globalization NAFTA specifically, you still think that's in Americas best interest? If so that explains it all. I used to think like a "good" conservative too.

Well there are two ways forward either with the world or without.....we can either lead from the front and try to shape the future global based economy on our model or we can step back and let Europe or China do it, Reagan understood that. This is not about winning or being the "best" this is way more important, its about taking the vision the founders of this nation had and showing the world why that vision is the one we should all try to achieve.

As for trade agreements, the entire way the US looks at trade deficits is wrong and short sighted....nor does it accurately capture the actual deficits we run with other countries.

Taking care of herself like all the politicians do. Yet in her back yard is one of the highest homelessness in the country. That fridge cost $24k? How is that even possible a fridge cost that much?

Revisionist history going on to claim Reagan was a neocon; he wasn't. But the neocons are trying real hard to claim him.. And you don't know he wanted to lead the world into globalization; another attempt to pull his coattails and it's b.s. Guarantee if he saw today what "globalization" has done to this country he'd be one of the loudest and strongest voices saying America needs to be less reliant on these other countries; especially the new "Evil Empire" which is China.

At times he employed strong rhetoric which could be taken as neocon rhetoric but his actions (which always speak louder than words) weren't as a neocon.

Arms control; minimalist intervention; his foreign policy was one of realism and restraint. He wanted America to be a city on a shining hill and the references to God and our foundations were unmistakable and we see where we're at now; it's not a good place.

If we have walls we'll have open doors; the doors are open for those who want to follow the laws and the process to become American's; Reagan wasn't for it to be done illegally which is why he referenced Ellis Island so many times; those folks followed the process and the laws of the day.

Rubio wasn't the guy 4 years ago and probably won't be the guy in the future..

If Reagan was in today's world we wouldn't have had a Trump who was needed to shake up the status quo and the Republican b.s. of nominating the "heir apparent." That got us McCain which got us Obama which has put us in a precarious place and further accelerated the un-civil discourse encouraged by the lame media.

In reality there are two America's now and they're so very different in their core beliefs it's not even funny.

Incompetence played a key role on the bungled testing by the CDC. Apparently nobody was behind the wheel. An utter failure by this administration.

Revisionist history going on to claim Reagan was a neocon; he wasn't. But the neocons are trying real hard to claim him.. And you don't know he wanted to lead the world into globalization; another attempt to pull his coattails and it's b.s. Guarantee if he saw today what "globalization" has done to this country he'd be one of the loudest and strongest voices saying America needs to be less reliant on these other countries; especially the new "Evil Empire" which is China.

At times he employed strong rhetoric which could be taken as neocon rhetoric but his actions (which always speak louder than words) weren't as a neocon.

Arms control; minimalist intervention; his foreign policy was one of realism and restraint. He wanted America to be a city on a shining hill and the references to God and our foundations were unmistakable and we see where we're at now; it's not a good place.

If we have walls we'll have open doors; the doors are open for those who want to follow the laws and the process to become American's; Reagan wasn't for it to be done illegally which is why he referenced Ellis Island so many times; those folks followed the process and the laws of the day.

Rubio wasn't the guy 4 years ago and probably won't be the guy in the future..

If Reagan was in today's world we wouldn't have had a Trump who was needed to shake up the status quo and the Republican b.s. of nominating the "heir apparent." That got us McCain which got us Obama which has put us in a precarious place and further accelerated the un-civil discourse encouraged by the lame media.

In reality there are two America's now and they're so very different in their core beliefs it's not even funny.

He did want America to be the shining light on the hill, leading the WORLD forward, Reagan wanted the US to be a example for the rest of the world to follow.....

Reagan was for immigration reform to make it easy for people to come to the US to work.....anyone saying stuff like this clip below in the GOP nowadays would haver ZERO chance of winning the nomination...

The only way forward is compromise, the my way or the highway approach of the far left and right is the reason we are where we are, its not McCains or other moderates fault its the progressives and Tea Parties fault things are where they are....if we stopped sending these people to DC then things woud get done, you might not like some of it and neither will the lefties but at the end of the day the country would be better off for it.

He did want America to be the shining light on the hill, leading the WORLD forward, Reagan wanted the US to be a example for the rest of the world to follow.....

Reagan was for immigration reform to make it easy for people to come to the US to work.....anyone saying stuff like this clip below in the GOP nowadays would haver ZERO chance of winning the nomination...

The only way forward is compromise, the my way or the highway approach of the far left and right is the reason we are where we are, its not McCains or other moderates fault its the progressives and Tea Parties fault things are where they are....if we stopped sending these people to DC then things woud get done, you might not like some of it and neither will the lefties but at the end of the day the country would be better off for it.

It was just a different time, totally different problems, and no sanctuary cities.

If you actually listened to what he said it was common sense; work permits; pay taxes; work out our problems.

Not just jump the border, come across legally; we wouldn't need a wall if people actually obeyed the law and it was enforced properly.

Completely different than what you're trying to represent and it would work today and would be a winning theme in the Republican party.

There is NO WAY Reagan would've wanted the current situation and he would've skewered the Democrats as only he could.

Thanks for setting the record straight on this.

Reagan was so much different from Trump and this clip illustrates it quite well. Whereas Trump is always encouraging divisiveness by being at war verbally with half of the US, Reagan, who had equally as strong a message, lead with a much more positive tone without denigrating others. He was actually good friends with liberal Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill for those who don't know it. Trump constantly is picking a fight and is not taking the blame for anything. He calls others juvenile nicknames. That's his cheap way of trying to look superior to others. Reagan wasn't like this. He treated others with respect.

Reagan wasn't a jackass. Trump is a jackass. Maybe some of his supporters are, too, and thus they like him being that way as to them it is normal behavior? I wonder about this.

And if anybody wants to go down the road of the Amnesty Law Reagan signed; yep he did it and it was a compromise; unfortunately he was the only one who compromised. A couple of the most critical parts of the law, which wound up basically completely unenforced because Congress sucked then and still sucks, was strong employer sanctions and securing the border; neither of which happened.

He was appalled and rightfully so by employers who paid the illegals crap; kept them in rundown housing if you could even call it that, and the employers knew the illegals wouldn't say anything because they were still at least making some money. A complete travesty and goes against any moral code but of course we all know there's not much of a moral code anymore. He wanted folks legal so they could earn a better wage and have their rights protected but without enforcement and penalties all it did was open the door to even more illegals.

Business' have no interest in hiring legal workers for decent wages when they can take full advantage of illegals who'll work their butts off for next to nothing because it's more than they can make in Mexico or Central America.

Democrats have no interest in helping solve the problem because eventually they'll get one of their biggest wishes; a huge voting bloc (they think) by legalizing the 12-15 million (or more) illegals.

Guarantee Reagan would secure the border these days and would be appalled at how things turned out.

Thanks for setting the record straight on this.

Reagan was so much different from Trump and this clip illustrates it quite well. Whereas Trump is always encouraging divisiveness by being at war verbally with half of the US, Reagan, who had equally as strong a message, lead with a much more positive tone without denigrating others. He was actually good friends with liberal Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill for those who don't know it. Trump constantly is picking a fight and is not taking the blame for anything. He calls others juvenile nicknames. That's his cheap way of trying to look superior to others. Reagan wasn't like this. He treated others with respect.

Reagan wasn't a jackass. Trump is a jackass. Maybe a good some of his supporters are, too, and thus they like him being that way as to them it is normal behavior? I wonder about this.

Jackass' call other people Jackass'; a new low for you; just when I thought things couldn't go any lower on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back