• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not trying to be a smart ass but isn’t that what they signed up for? Helping people who are sick?

like I get the respect but they are just doing their jobs. They shouldn’t have become doctors and nurses if they didn’t want to do that job in a pandemic which was always possible.
Ryan honestly you need to calm down. Are you going to live in fear and stay home for the next 6 months to year. This virus is going nowhere. I don’t mean to sound mean just asking please don’t turn into to someone who is a snitch on everyone.

Yes, because of unfortunate circumstances people do get sick. However, if you're publicly defying professional advice for your own gain and political views, then I don't think they should endanger their lives because of ignorance. They asked us to stay home and we didn't.

No, I won't Not until we wake up and quick-acting like we can handle anything. Hell, every day we have both parties butting heads at each other, during a pandemic. And while my opinion of Trump is ridiculously low, it doesn't mean I don't disagree with Dems as well.

The right to KEEP and BARE arms
Do you know what "bear arms" means? It doesn't include brandishing loaded weapons in public spaces. If you look at some of those pictures, that is definitely what they're doing. It is threatening and meant to be threatening. It is in fact illegal in many states. And many, perhaps even including you, wouldn't tolerate it from some groups, yet would say that this is fine.

Last edited:
Do you know what "bear arms" means? It doesn't include brandishing loaded weapons in public spaces. If you look at some of those pictures, that is definitely what they're doing. It is threatening and meant to be threatening. It is in fact illegal in many states. And many, perhaps even including you, wouldn't tolerate it from some groups, yet would say that this is fine.

So what. The ONLY thing that matters is if it was illegal l the states where the protest occured.

Unless they pointed tbeir weapons or they verbally threatened someone then NOTHING they did was threatening at all.

So what. The ONLY thing that matters is if it was illegal l the states where the protest occured.

Unless they pointed tbeir weapons or they verbally threatened someone then NOTHING they did was threatening at all.
That is absolutely not the only thing that matters and you know it. If someone comes and stands outside your door brandishing a loaded rifle, they don't have to say anything or point it at you for you to feel threatened and you know it.
I know it's fun to talk about our constitutional rights in the abstract, but it's disingenuous to claim that it wasn't threatening and also disingenuous to claim there was nothing wrong with it.

That is absolutely not the only thing that matters and you know it. If someone comes and stands outside your door brandishing a loaded rifle, they don't have to say anything or point it at you for you to feel threatened and you know it.
I know it's fun to talk about our constitutional rights in the abstract, but it's disingenuous to claim that it wasn't threatening and also disingenuous to claim there was nothing wrong with it.

Just remember that amendment is the only one protecting the rest.

Just remember that amendment is the only one protecting the rest.
And when those terrorist's leader violates every thing they supposedly hold dear, what are they going to do? What are they doing? Threatening the rest of us, not defending the constitution or the people.
Also, I'm a responsible gun owner and don't need your lecture on the importance of the second amendment.

And when those terrorist's leader violates every thing they supposedly hold dear, what are they going to do? What are they doing? Threatening the rest of us, not defending the constitution or the people.
Also, I'm a responsible gun owner and don't need your lecture on the importance of the second amendment.

Glad you support the 2nd!!

Reagan would never stand a chance at winning the GOP nomination if he ran today.....Reagan was THE ideal Republican president he had the perfect balance of grit and humility and understood that you need to compromise on most things to get forward progression versus stagnation of policies.....

Reagan would get the Republican nomination in a landslide without a doubt; he's even more timeless than time itself.

And guarantee he wouldn't put up with the crap from the media these days..

Reagan would get the Republican nomination in a landslide without a doubt; he's even more timeless than time itself.

And guarantee he wouldn't put up with the crap from the media these days..

I dunno, there were tons of Reagan types in 2016 and we ended up with Trump......Rubio was to me the most Reagan like especially on things like immigration etc....Reagan would be 100% against the Trump immigration policies etc....

Just saying 99% of what you post is fearmongering apocalypse anarchy is beating down our door stuff. Glass houses and all that!!!
No different than all those that say. All these deaths and cases and hospitals flowing over. Some on here can give thumbs down and not give any ideas or suggestions on how to open economy back up. Those are the ones living in glass houses. Scared to go outdoors and if someone is outdoors they claim that person does not care about others or the elders. They also squeal telling on others that are trying to show life must go on. So when my mom that is 72 survivor of cancer goes out to Lowe’s and places. Does she not care for her elder friends? There is no fear monger from me. Keep this economy shut down and see what really happens. Take al look at the headlines. Miles of hungry families? Domestic abuses and child abuses increasing. Suicides increasing. Anxiety and depression increasing. That’s fear mongering? Lol. The news and the people saying and posting every hour more cases and deaths. Everyone needs to stay home or you don’t care about others they say. I will call police on you. States making laws and restrictions that are unconstitutional. That is not fear mongering? No those are the ones that live in glass houses and will be the ones that if (IF) society collapses they will be first to say how did this happen and someone save me.

So do you believe in the right to own and carry arms?

This was posted in another forum about someone saying last 24 hours 4600 deaths.
Spot on what he said!

This is false. Those deaths have happened over the last couple weeks and have now just been coded as Covid.

Time to stop listening to the doom mongers.

Nearly 50% of deaths worldwide have been residents of nursing homes.

50% of US deaths have been in NYC.

Almost all clusters have been the result of intrafamilial or nosocomial sources... ie close contact over a sustained period of time.

We have to go back to work. Protect those most vulnerable. And get through this. We are doing something never tried in humanity. And the consequences will be greater than any PPP loan (if you were able to get it) or stimulus check can handle.

Also Cuomo was the one 2 days ago said God and prayers did nothing for NY. That they did it themselves. Some that said he should be president. Lol. Maybe he would be smart not to mock the one that made him.

I dunno, there were tons of Reagan types in 2016 and we ended up with Trump......Rubio was to me the most Reagan like especially on things like immigration etc....Reagan would be 100% against the Trump immigration policies etc....

NOBODY in the Republican party compares to Reagan, especially not Rubio. Reagan would not have wanted our country to be swamped by illegal's; the word is illegal for a reason so not sure what message is trying to be conveyed.

You can't rationalize a single thing by trying to invoke Reagan's name and I'll definitely not let you misrepresent him or his legacy. I was there and fortunate enough to be able to vote for him. He was treated like crap by the media back then and didn't take it either.

You're calling them terrorist's? That's not only ridiculous it's an insult to the folks on here who've protected your rights to stay such stupid sh$$..

Blame this on the media making this virus seem like a plague. Look at comments made in here. Don’t come around the people I love. I would bet almost everyone has been near someone that either had it or was exposed to it. How many in here would be around someone that did have it confirmed but they now showed negative? Keeping in mind they could still be carrying it or the test are only 80-90% accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOBODY in the Republican party compares to Reagan, especially not Rubio. Reagan would not have wanted our country to be swamped by illegal's; the word is illegal for a reason so not sure what message is trying to be conveyed.

You can't rationalize a single thing by trying to invoke Reagan's name and I'll definitely not let you misrepresent him or his legacy. I was there and fortunate enough to be able to vote for him. He was treated like crap by the media back then and didn't take it either.

LOL how am I misrepresenting Reagan, seriously what in my post did that. As for no one in the party comparing to Reagan your right and wrong, currently there is no one like Reagan in the party at least to the level that Reagan was Reagan, but there are several who could be Reagan like leaders, Rubio at least was certainly one of them, Haley as well.....there are a few others as well. They would never be Reagan but there are many articles out there that compare Rubio to Reagan etc because they have a similar style and approach to politics. Sadly there will never be another Reagan but there will hopefully be someone in the GOP sometime in the near future who does what Reagan did, but that person sure as hell isnt the clown we got in charge now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back