• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the tax wealthy more but that’s a slippery slope. Most are business owners. The taxes they pay both federally and state are very excessive. Not counting unemployment benefits and health care costs. My brother is a CPA and has 11 employees under him. He tells me how hard it is to own a business. If taxes get to high on these business owners they will cut employees or cut their ties to the US and leave. Then unemployment will be much higher. I say start taxing Hollywood and Pro Athletes higher First because they don’t employ anyone. Then also the govt employees such as House and Senate. Tax them higher since they get all the perks.

This I could support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not matter who is president in the coming years. Higher taxes and hyperinflation will be with the American people and the govt during the coming years. Which means the division and hatred will only increase. We are all going to pay for this virus and the trillions to try and help. I just want a president where term limits are put in place for all in the govt. Also no health care for them for life when out of govt. along with no guaranteed pay. Make the politicians work just like regular Americans do.

We have argued a lot over the last couple of months. And we probably will disagree at times. But what you just said was probably the sanest and downright accurate depiction of everything I agree with. Kudos to you!

We have argued a lot over the last couple of months. And we probably will disagree at times. But what you just said was probably the sanest and downright accurate depiction of everything I agree with. Kudos to you!
I won't argue with a lot of Matthew70's post but there is one thing we need in this country and that is far higher taxes. We are not doing what is necessary to maintain our infrastructure or take care of people, and we keep running ever greater deficits to put more money in the pockets of the wealthy. I'm not wealthy and I want my taxes to be higher because I want a nation that is able to and does take care of it's people.

we keep running ever greater deficits to put more money in the pockets of the wealthy. I'm not wealthy and I want my taxes to be higher because I want a nation that is able to and does take care of it's people.
Think about that ... more taxes for you and everyone else who actually pays ... more money collected ... where is that money ultimately going to go based on your premise? I'd suggest probably right in to the pockets of those who collect and spend it ...

Think about that ... more taxes for you and everyone else who actually pays ... more money collected ... where is that money ultimately going to go based on your premise? I'd suggest probably right in to the pockets of those who collect and spend it ...

I want to keep most of my money. Luckily I make well under 20k a yr and don’t pay much taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Sandbar made a great point earlier. (Sorry to drag you back in. Trust me, w’re fine out here in the county). Us “deplorable smelly walmart shoppers’ sit silently just like 2016. The intolerant left tend to be very loud and vicious in their verbiage. My President Trump in a landslide in 2020..

Abolish the income tax. There’s got to be a better way.
Spot on. Luckily I live in a state with no state income tax. I have said it before but the 6 states most fiscally sound are the 6 states with no state income tax. Higher sales tax though. Which makes everyone pay. Even those that don’t work and live off sitting on their arses. No skirting around a sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back