• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your joking right? Trumps tax cuts has increased paychecks. And gave businesses more money to pay employees more and hire new workers. Obama was horrible for the us economy. Trump has did a excellent job leading the country through the Caronavirus pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minimum wage unchanged, tax cuts for the wealthy.

Jeez he sent billions of dollars to Iran in the middle of the night. Obama care was so expensive people couldn’t afford it and he mandated healthcare and fined those that didn’t have it. I am a proud American under president Trump!

The mandated fine, which actually has some GOP origins, has the actuarial science related purpose of trying to maintain the average health of the members of the pool of insureds. By doing so, you allow for the insurance to work. If you don't, you'll end up with a higher % of unhealthy insureds, which would mean higher average claims, which would mean premiums would need to increase to pay for those higher claims. Then when the premiums are increased, you'll have even fewer healthy folks choosing to get insured. It becomes a vicious circle.

So, the mandated fine has nothing to do with liberal politics. This is such a misconception.

Last edited:
The mandate. which actually has some GOP origins, has the actuarial science related purpose of trying to maintain the average health of the members of the pool of insureds. By doing so, you allow for the insurance to work. If you don't, you'll end up with a higher % of unhealthy insureds, which would mean higher average claims, which would mean premiums would need to increase to pay for those higher claims. Then when the premiums are increased, you'll have even fewer healthy folks choosing to get insured. It becomes a vicious circle.

I don’t believe in mandating healthcare on anyone.

In some cases but in other cases. Some workers got raises and bonuses. If we ever get a $15hr minimum wage I can almost guarantee you will have a record high unemployment number.

Ever work for minimum wage? I have.

Ever work for minimum wage? I have.

Yeah I have and only make $9hr now. Probably the reason my family of 5 makes less then 20k a year and qualifies for ebt and Medicaid. Life happens

Yeah, so I just want to warn all you Trump supporters that because of his constant finger-pointing and playing the blame game, that I would be willing to bet my stimulus check, that he will absolutely be a one-term president. I have no problems with Republicans, btw. I have an issue with having a demented sociopath as POTUS. Big difference.

My stance is I will not ever vote for anyone. Who believes in abortion and high taxes and taking guns away. I also will not vote for anyone that’s against religion. That’s where I stand on that.

Then trump is not the one.

I’m thankful to have a job. And while $15hr sounds good. I know there will be very few jobs available. Because they won’t be able to afford to hire people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back