• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protip: Don't compare the Phillipines shoot to kill orders to something Stalin would have done in a post in the Coronavirus thread. It will apparently get deleted.

My post was in good faith, although I guess mentioning Stalin is a bit provocative. (Maybe I should have mentioned Pol Pot instead? lol)
giphy (85).gif

Increase of 261 in South Carolina it’s the biggest daily increase yet. 5 new deaths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully good news for those of us self employed. The payroll protection grant starts tomorrow. Call your bank to apply. It’s 8 weeks of pay that don’t have to be paid back from my understanding. Crossing fingers. 8 weeks vacation possibly.

Can someone explain to me what I did to get locked out of the CoVid thread?
I got locked out also again. Guess asking Web why anyone would give thumbs up to shooting someone is not allowed. ??‍♂️

08e2738171d60cbb500fe7d1ed653427.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the virus thread to here since this may be deemed "political" ... though I think not ...

Legally, how would it be enforced? Other than cutting off funds to state and local governments, how? And does anyone think funds are going to be cut off at this point? Not. So what is the legal mechanism for the Federal Government to order an IYBY shutdown? Short of constituting a monarchy or a dictatorship, the authority simply does not exist ... and good luck with that option ... ? ... ? ?

Curfew ok I’ll give you that but 3 or more people gathered outdoors? My opinion of that is go (fill in blank) yourself! I have a family of 4! So officers are supposed to watch for stupid garbage like this. I am sure several in here are just fine with this.

Curfew ok I’ll give you that but 3 or more people gathered outdoors? My opinion of that is go (fill in blank) yourself! I have a family of 4! So officers are supposed to watch for stupid garbage like this. I am sure several in here are just fine with this.
The curfew I'm good with, this is more of a public safety issue but the gathering of 3 or more I'm with you on that. Its total insanity, the order specifically says they will not limit the number gathering indoors. So 3 people outside are more of a virus spread threat than 10 inside? There's no logic behind that at all

Last edited:
"Public gatherings of three or more people occurring outside a single household"

You're family of 4 would be fine (if you lived in Roanoke Rapids) since they are a single household. The curfew wouldn't apply to them.

I was in Harris teeter tonight at 6pm. No registers open except the ones you scan yourself. Lines were backed up people were pissed. Someone said something to a manager and the manager told all of us that he can't find cashiers that will stay. He said they pay $16 an hour down here in Mount Pleasant. Crazy.crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back