• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Public gatherings of three or more people occurring outside a single household"

You're family of 4 would be fine (if you lived in Roanoke Rapids) since they are a single household. The curfew wouldn't apply to them.
To be fair that order isn't written well and it does prevent the gathering of 3 or more but sets no limits on the number indoors, which makes absolutely no sense.

I was in Harris teeter tonight at 6pm. No registers open except the ones you scan yourself. Lines were backed up people were pissed. Someone said something to a manager and the manager told all of us that he can't find cashiers that will stay. He said they pay $16 an hour down here in Mount Pleasant. Crazy.crazy.
Grocery stores are hiring but people are scared of working in a grocery store right now.

From the virus thread to here since this may be deemed "political" ... though I think not ...

Legally, how would it be enforced? Other than cutting off funds to state and local governments, how? And does anyone think funds are going to be cut off at this point? Not. So what is the legal mechanism for the Federal Government to order an IYBY shutdown? Short of constituting a monarchy or a dictatorship, the authority simply does not exist ... and good luck with that option ... ? ... ? ?
Ive tried to explain this multiple times. Maybe folks will listen to you amigo!

To be fair that order isn't written well and it does prevent the gathering of 3 or more but sets no limits on the number indoors, which makes absolutely no sense.
Yeah looking at this at midnight last night I was focused too much on the word outside, when it really meant public gatherings and basically public venues, not literally outside of your residence.

Not sure what thread to toss this into, but it's not good news. 701,000 jobs lost in March; Unemployment rate jumps from 3.5% to 4.4%.

This was the most striking thing out of this article to me.
The reference period for the March jobs report extended through the 12th of the month, meaning that the data was captured before much of the country went on lockdown in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Namely, this jobs report excludes the two-week period at the end of March that saw new unemployment claims skyrocket to a combined 9.9 million.

Yes any deaths from the virus are sad but I am just showing the other side of how sad it could get if this shutdown goes on past beginning of May. Honestly I don’t know if I would want to be president for what is probably going to be a Depression for many years.

There were so many people in line at the SECU drivethru, the ECPD had blocked it off and weren’t allowing any traffic into the parking lot or drivethru lanes. This was at 1030 in the morning.

There were so many people in line at the SECU drivethru, the ECPD had blocked it off and weren’t allowing any traffic into the parking lot or drivethru lanes. This was at 1030 in the morning.

Just another day around here. Social distancing/ stay at home fail.

Just another day around here. Social distancing/ stay at home fail.
At least at the Credit Union it's all drive through, so long lines but in their cars which helps, it is essential... people just got paid, have to pay the bills, etc. Not everyone has gone online which obviously has it's on drawbacks. Nothing is easy any more.

Just talked to a buddy of mine with US Marshals Service. He said Eastern District of VA has shutdown the courthouse in Newport News for complete sanitizing. He doesn’t know if they will reopen it in the foreseeable future. He said they’ll use Alexandria, Norfolk, and Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back