• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope not at all. Let people choose if they want to go out or not. If people want to go to work or not. If people want to stay at home till the virus passes let them.

Sigh......your posts are disappointing callous and quite frankly in the end EXACTLY why we run the risk of a full blown lockdown.

You said 10k though after saying only 500 a few weeks before that, and it has taken us less than a week to go much of the way to 10K and now you think 100k is somewhat reasonable?

30K a day is high? Umm maybe you’re the one that’s high because a) tons of people are asymptomatic or just stay home b) they aren’t testing everyone c) those who go to the hospital and contract the virus still may not get tested d) if you do get tested, your results may not be correct.

Don’t confuse my optimism for actual facts. No 100k people dying isn’t reasonable at all. But look it’s a model a projection. Can’t we be optimistic and hope death toll is dramatically less. Instead of expecting the worse? Of course I knew my 500 was wrong and of course I know my 10k is wrong. But that’s me being optimistic. Instead of spreading fear. Optimism is something we all need right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put words in your mouth? What!? You just outright stated you would rather see people because “it’s their time” just die than go hungry did you not?

I need a drink
Speaking of drinking let’s play a drinking game, every time someone says something really stupid in this thread, take a sip.
Let’s see how long it takes for me to finish this brewskie.

You can’t scare everyone or even a majority for that matter, you can’t completely stop the spread of the virus because it’s so contagious, but these restrictions just like wearing a mask or washing your hands lower the risk and do in fact have a significant, measurable impact in slowing down its spread just enough so that the medical system can catch up. We’re in a much better place than we would be otherwise. That’s really the point.

I completely agree about the restrictions. My point is this, if you are gonna lock down, put some effort and lock down with more than just a sentence on an order. If a state locks down, there needs to be warnings of random road blocks, where you are asked where you are going and if you have been to Lowe’s and bought a truck load of mulch you should get a warning or small ticket. I feel the stay at home orders could be made far more effective and actually get many more people to stay home.

Even AL should get in the ball and at least force Walmart and Lowe’s to stop selling nonessential items. That would cut out a ton of traffic.

Hasn’t hit 10,000 deaths yet. Let’s be factual here with a fatality rate of let’s say 2percent. 5 million Americans would have to get this virus for 100k people to die. Now let’s look at how fast new cases are popping up. 30k a day that’s little high also. So it would take a while for 5 million people to come down with this and for 100k to die. So with summer coming I feel like there’s plenty to be optimistic about.

30k a day isnt high. We arent testing nearly as many as we should and still cranking out 20+ a day new cases

30k a day isnt high. We arent testing nearly as many as we should and still cranking out 20+ a day new cases

I do believe we will see things improve by mid to late April. I’m hoping that’s soon enough so that the death toll far less then 100k

So wait. You're out ofwork yet trucking and many other things you listed are essential. Why isn't your job essential.
Trucking shops are actually laying people off also. Yes my job is essential but when trucking slows and automotive and manufacturing then my job slows also. Anyway enough of this back and forth.
Food trucks came today to neighborhood! Wohoo! Love the food trucks!

I completely agree about the restrictions. My point is this, if you are gonna lock down, put some effort and lock down with more than just a sentence on an order. If a state locks down, there needs to be warnings of random road blocks, where you are asked where you are going and if you have been to Lowe’s and bought a truck load of mulch you should get a warning or small ticket. I feel the stay at home orders could be made far more effective and actually get many more people to stay home.

Even AL should get in the ball and at least force Walmart and Lowe’s to stop selling nonessential items. That would cut out a ton of traffic.
That's the thing. The logistics of shutting people in is unattainable. There aren't enough LEO's, national guard, available military to do a small state let alone an entire country. Unless you declared martial law, which is foolish for this virus and threatened americans with such actions, all you can really do is ask people to do what they are doing now. At the most you see travel restrictions to hot spots enforced which IS DOABLE and is being considered from the information I have obtained

Speaking of drinking let’s play a drinking game, every time someone says something really stupid in this thread, take a sip.
Let’s see how long it takes for me to finish this brewskie.

Great idea. I like your way of thinking. Just popped open and should be tipsy within an hour or so ......

1585853686455.jpeg

That's the thing. The logistics of shutting people in is unattainable. There aren't enough LEO's, national guard, available military to do a small state let alone an entire country. Unless you declared martial law, which is foolish for this virus and threatened americans with such actions, all you can really do is ask people to do what they are doing now. At the most you see travel restrictions to hot spots enforced which IS DOABLE and is being considered from the information I have obtained

I agree that is true, but that said if you could just ticket a handful in communities and show you will have random road blocks, you would indeed slow things down some. You would prove you mean business instead of just a few words on a piece of paper.

I agree that is true, but that said if you could just ticket a handful in communities and show you will have random road blocks, you would indeed slow things down some. You would prove you mean business instead of just a few words on a piece of paper.
Not to argue with you at all but you would have to do a check point. Problem with check points is it puts those checking them at an unnecessary risk and it wont deter like you think it would. It would have to be a worst case scenario in a really bad spot to result to anything like this. The reality is there is only so much you really need to do to isolate the best you can

Not to argue with you at all but you would have to do a check point. Problem with check points is it puts those checking them at an unnecessary risk and it wont deter like you think it would. It would have to be a worst case scenario in a really bad spot to result to anything like this. The reality is there is only so much you really need to do to isolate the best you can
To your point, the NCSHP has stopped conducting check points at this time due to the very issue of putting them at higher risk. Having to get close to windows and touch thousands of ID's/permits, etc... the very opposite of social distancing. There really isn't a good answer, well other than people using common sense but we know how that goes.

To your point, the NCSHP has stopped conducting check points at this time due to the very issue of putting them at higher risk. Having to get close to windows and touch thousands of ID's/permits, etc... the very opposite of social distancing. There really isn't a good answer, well other than people using common sense but we know how that goes.
Exactly...Guy above wasn't suggesting anything ridiculous in my opinion, its just not feasible without risk and not feasible to the extent some desire. We have gotten most people out of groups and that has been the goal all along. At this point I think if we continue to follow guidelines and adjust the dates for returning to normal with common sense (as the fed has been doing) we will come back from this on all fronts in a much better position health wise and economically

Protip: Don't compare the Phillipines shoot to kill orders to something Stalin would have done in a post in the Coronavirus thread. It will apparently get deleted.

My post was in good faith, although I guess mentioning Stalin is a bit provocative. (Maybe I should have mentioned Pol Pot instead? lol)

Protip: Don't compare the Phillipines shoot to kill orders to something Stalin would have done in a post in the Coronavirus thread. It will apparently get deleted.

My post was in good faith, although I guess mentioning Stalin is a bit provocative. (Maybe I should have mentioned Pol Pot instead? lol)

Chairman Mao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back