• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever considered that this is because I probably have a stronger opinion than you do and am a legitimately reasonable person that doesn’t want the country to suddenly get back to work at the expense of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives? No it never could be something so reasonable, it has to be because I’m just mean spirited! Alas, I should quit feeding the “animals” & probably get back to the CoV-19 thread

There so much arrogance in this answer. But look banning someone from a thread that happens to be a crisis that hurting everyone is just wrong. Regardless of opinion it’s just wrong. I’d love to discuss this crisis again with everyone. But because my opinion isn’t the same as yours I’m banned.

So does anyone think schools will reopen in South Carolina this year? Governor says April 30th but wondering will it really reopen that soon. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually all of my family, siblings and mom all believe it would be better to let nature take its course. When it’s your time its your time. It’s better than being homeless and poverty and hungry. To see futures of millions suffering for years but we will be fine. I hope you all are right and will remember that.

I don’t have a spleen and have leukemia (Stage 1 remission). It’s because of people like you that my life is in danger. You want to let nature take its course? You and your family go first. Let nature take its course with your family, not mine. Selfish.

You say these things because I don’t fear death and believe when it’s my time it’s my time? I’m considered insane? That’s liberal thinking. You have to believe their way and not have an opinion. I don’t really know you Web but I am not going to stoop to your level of name calling.

That’s not liberal thinking, that is just morally insane to want people to die. Next time there’s an ef-5 tornado heading for a small town in the Midwest, or a major hurricane heading for our shores, tell people not to worry or prepare at all because it’s just “their time”.
And this is how all great cults come to an end.

You’re free to believe what you want, so be my guest, take no precautions and let nature run it’s course and tell us all afterwards how things are on the other side

There so much arrogance in this answer. But look banning someone from a thread that happens to be a crisis that hurting everyone is just wrong. Regardless of opinion it’s just wrong. I’d love to discuss this crisis again with everyone. But because my opinion isn’t the same as yours I’m banned.

So does anyone think schools will reopen in South Carolina this year? Governor says April 30th but wondering will it really reopen that soon. Thoughts?

There’s a difference between having an opinion and completely ignoring actual quotes, facts, figures and being just plain wrong... like all the time.

I don’t have a spleen and have leukemia (Stage 1 remission). It’s because of people like you that my life is in danger. You want to let nature take its course? You and your family go first. Let nature take its course with your family, not mine. Selfish.
I actually have asthma and diverticulitis. My mom survivor of cancer and diabetes and 74yo. She goes out as normal. Brother in law is lucky to be alive he has heart disease, high BP and diabetes and is in poor health. He goes out every day and does not let it stop or scare him. We don’t let fear of death drive us. We don’t accuse people of being selfish because they want to live their lives.

The point is it’s a lot better than doing literally nothing and it CAN be enforced, if for example you’re not an essential worker and traveling out of state, you could be ticketed, fined, or thrown in jail. Even without strict enforcement, the mere thought or possibility of something like this is more than enough to scare many people away and it also gives workers (like my grandmother for ex) who are at risk, a legal reason to work from home in case her employer decides to not obey the stay at home order. I have to carry documentation anywhere I go now to show that I’m an essential employee or else I’ll risk gettinf pulled over and ticketed, that’s not me that mandated this either, came straight down from the president of Harris Teeter

But how can you scare people who can go anywhere, anyways? Sure you may can scare someone from walking to no where down the street, but unless you actually have much stricter methods you will not stop someone from buying pansies at Lowe’s just like you can in AL. Unless something has changed you can still go anywhere in NC that you can in AL for the same reason. AL has closed all “nonessential businesses” as NC has. The only thing different is NC has the Governor saying to stay at home.

I understand your point about your mother, but I’m sure AL would be just as quick to nail nonessential businesses with or without the stay at home order who open.

Then you work in hydraulics. You don’t work in government, construction, trucking etc. Hyperbole much?
Actually I help in all those industries when their hydraulics break down. I support them in supply lines and help get them back up and running. 29 years in this business. I actually have many tricons built for the military and have many friends in the military. So no hyperbole. But Ok I’m selfish but you are a narcissists. So we can agree to disagree.

But how can you scare people who can go anywhere, anyways? Sure you may can scare someone from walking to no where down the street, but unless you actually have much stricter methods you will not stop someone from buying pansies at Lowe’s just like you can in AL. Unless something has changed you can still go anywhere in NC that you can in AL for the same reason. AL has closed all “nonessential businesses” as NC has. The only thing different is NC has the Governor saying to stay at home.

I understand your point about your mother, but I’m sure AL would be just as quick to nail nonessential businesses with or without the stay at home order who open.
You can’t scare everyone or even a majority for that matter, you can’t completely stop the spread of the virus because it’s so contagious, but these restrictions just like wearing a mask or washing your hands lower the risk and do in fact have a significant, measurable impact in slowing down its spread just enough so that the medical system can catch up. We’re in a much better place than we would be otherwise. That’s really the point.

That’s not liberal thinking, that is just morally insane to want people to die. Next time there’s an ef-5 tornado heading for a small town in the Midwest, or a major hurricane heading for our shores, tell people not to worry or prepare at all because it’s just “their time”.
And this is how all great cults come to an end.

You’re free to believe what you want, so be my guest, take no precautions and let nature run it’s course and tell us all afterwards how things are on the other side
Please come on. I am not wanting people to die. Don’t put words into my mouth but in the flip side then. So people will not die from depression, hunger and suicides from loss of jobs and incomes? What about those people?

You say these things because I don’t fear death and believe when it’s my time it’s my time? I’m considered insane? That’s liberal thinking. You have to believe their way and not have an opinion. I don’t really know you Web but I am not going to stoop to your level of name calling.

Well you may not be afraid of death and dont care if it's your time but you're essentially saying you want to push that onto everyone else.

Keep your death wish to yourself

Btw, how’s that 500... I mean 10,000 US deaths prediction holding up? @Jessy89

Looks like you’re gonna have to move the goalposts again!

View attachment 38233

Hasn’t hit 10,000 deaths yet. Let’s be factual here with a fatality rate of let’s say 2percent. 5 million Americans would have to get this virus for 100k people to die. Now let’s look at how fast new cases are popping up. 30k a day that’s little high also. So it would take a while for 5 million people to come down with this and for 100k to die. So with summer coming I feel like there’s plenty to be optimistic about.

I actually have asthma and diverticulitis. My mom survivor of cancer and diabetes and 74yo. She goes out as normal. Brother in law is lucky to be alive he has heart disease, high BP and diabetes and is in poor health. He goes out every day and does not let it stop or scare him. We don’t let fear of death drive us. We don’t accuse people of being selfish because they want to live their lives.

I guess you’re a better person than me. I say you’re being selfish and your family going out and about like you say they are is going to get y’all a Darwin Award.

Please come on. I am not wanting people to die. Don’t put words into my mouth but in the flip side then. So people will not die from depression, hunger and suicides from loss of jobs and incomes? What about those people?
Put words in your mouth? What!? You just outright stated you would rather see people because “it’s their time” just die than go hungry did you not?

I need a drink

Actually I help in all those industries when their hydraulics break down. I support them in supply lines and help get them back up and running. 29 years in this business. I actually have many tricons built for the military and have many friends in the military. So no hyperbole. But Ok I’m selfish but you are a narcissists. So we can agree to disagree.

So wait. You're out ofwork yet trucking and many other things you listed are essential. Why isn't your job essential.

Your equipment is in those industries. That’s lime saying a comic book writer works in the paper, ink, convenience stores, magazine rack, grocery, and department store industries.

I’m a narcissist? I think you need to study the definition of narcissist.

Hasn’t hit 10,000 deaths yet. Let’s be factual here with a fatality rate of let’s say 2percent. 5 million Americans would have to get this virus for 100k people to die. Now let’s look at how fast new cases are popping up. 30k a day that’s little high also. So it would take a while for 5 million people to come down with this and for 100k to die. So with summer coming I feel like there’s plenty to be optimistic about.

You said 10k though after saying only 500 a few weeks before that, and it has taken us less than a week to go much of the way to 10K and now you think 100k is somewhat reasonable?

30K a day is high? Umm maybe you’re the one that’s high because a) tons of people are asymptomatic or just stay home b) they aren’t testing everyone c) those who go to the hospital and contract the virus still may not get tested d) if you do get tested, your results may not be correct.

Well you may not be afraid of death and dont care if it's your time but you're essentially saying you want to push that onto everyone else.

Keep your death wish to yourself
Nope not at all. Let people choose if they want to go out or not. If people want to go to work or not. If people want to stay at home till the virus passes let them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back