• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he is.......even got me on that train sometimes too. I just think he is a poopyhead and needs to move some can come together as a nation and get past this disaster of a presidency.

Unfortunately, I don’t see any reasonable shot at the US coming together as a nation anytime soon regardless who’s president. I really do worry about the future of this country. Each side hates the other more than any other groups on the planet! And the internet fanning flames and promoting fake news sites on both sides has a lot to blame for it in addition to Trump and Obama imo.

I’d love to see Kasich as the next president. Is it too late for him to run as an independent? I’ve long been a Biden supporter as I’ve for decades seen him as a compromising uniter/statesman, but now I’m worried he’s going downhill mentally to the point of possibly not being able to handle the presidency well. Your thoughts about Biden?

Unfortunately, I don’t see any reasonable shot at the US coming together as a nation anytime soon regardless who’s president. I really do worry about the future of this country. Each side hates the other more than any other groups on the planet! And the internet fanning flames and promoting fake news sites on both sides has a lot to blame for it in addition to Trump and Obama imo.

I’d love to see Kasich as the next president. Is it too late for him to run as an independent? I’ve long been a Biden supporter as I’ve for decades seen him as a compromising uniter/statesman, but now I’m worried he’s going downhill mentally to the point of possibly not being able to handle the presidency well. Your thoughts about Biden?

The internet has done the world great good and great harm as well.

I voted kasich in 2016 primary and would love to see him as Prez. Even if he did jump in he couldnt win. He would siphon off enough votes though that I believe it would tip it to Biden.

Biden does seem shaky and its why his VP pick was gonna be so important in my choice. His short list is uninspiring for us slightly right of center anti-trump voters.

No both parties decided on how it was going to be spent. They all voted for it. Trump I’m sure has his but guaranteed some of your lovey dovey Democrats has theirs also.

Lovie dovie Dems lol, how about read what Trump is saying.....the lovie dovie Dems and probably some Republicans wanted to make sure that the way the 500 billion is spent is accountable to Congress. Trump is saying Trump has final say in what is reported to Congress IRT the funds being spent, and that if Trump does not want to tell Congress how some of the money was spent then that is up to Trump.

"The language gives the Inspector General power to report back to Congress information including the nature of the loan and its recipients. It has the power to make informational requests from other agencies “to extent practicable and not in contravention of any existing law.” It is required to let Congress know if those requests are blocked.

Trump, though, said Friday he believes the Inspector General needs his permission in order to make such reports to Congress."

But for someone so ridiculously uppity vs so many, Tr$x sure has a pathetic record and I don’t mean just with stock market calls (which is why @Rain Cold inserted the $ sign).

Is Randy still wishing death on Trump?
Yeah and big part of it is that she's an uppity rich I got mine hypocrite who pretends to be the opposite. So, given all those things, you get a $, baby.

Interesting polls here, I take them with a grain of salt usually but just throwing this out there.

1585488839529.jpeg
“Eighty percent of Sanders backers say they’ll vote for Biden against Trump; as noted, 15% say they’d back Trump. (This is familiar: Twenty percent of Sanders supporters said they’d vote for Trump in spring 2016.) For context, 15% of Sanders supporters is 6% of all leaned Democrats, and Trump won 8% of Democrats in 2016. Still, Biden wants all the in-party support he can muster.

Further, among Sanders supporters who say they’d vote for Biden in November, a mere 9% are very enthusiastic about doing so. More, but still only 49%, are “somewhat” enthusiastic.”

More info here if you want to read the full article and various sources cited.

People tend to be far more divided, separate and hateful to each other when they are "typing". To be honest I am new to all of this because I involved myself in zero social media while I served. I have argued, debated with many people on here but I guarentee if I sat down with any one of you, you would enjoy your time with me. I will agree with you that the country is divided but like you said its far more entrenched in the social media side of things.

Since I’m blocked from the Caronavirus thread. I’ll put this here dr fauci I believe is wrong. I don’t believe we see 100k-200k deaths in the United States. Maybe 10k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I’m blocked from the Caronavirus thread. I’ll put this here dr fauci I believe is wrong. I don’t believe we see 100k-200k deaths in the United States. Maybe 10k

No reason to make any comments. Seems you have a few that can bash away and nothing is done about it. They are full of pure hate if you don’t see it their way. No one is allowed to have an opposing view. People have labeled me as not caring about life yet know nothing about me. They have no clue who I am.

No reason to make any comments. Seems you have a few that can bash away and nothing is done about it. They are full of pure hate if you don’t see it their way. No one is allowed to have an opposing view. People have labeled me as not caring about life yet know nothing about me. They have no clue who I am.

Yeah I can’t even post in that thread now. Apparently everyone hates my opinions. It is what it is I guess. Maybe one day we can get back to talking weather so everyone just gets along again. Guess we need a major severe weather outbreak or major hurricane or something to flip the page

No reason to worry prisons might turn into riots.

There's this thing called math & exponential growth.

Given that you said a few weeks ago we'd only have 500, I'll take Dr Fauci and the word of other health experts who have spent decades studying this than some random dude on a weather forum.

There's this thing called math & exponential growth.

Given that you said a few weeks ago we'd only have 500, I'll take Dr Fauci and the word of other health experts who have spent decades studying this than some random dude on a weather forum.

The fact is models have already been wrong. Remember when 2.2 million was projected to die? Wrong so yeah I’m sticking to 10k deaths on the United States

The fact is models have already been wrong. Remember when 2.2 million was projected to die? Wrong so yeah I’m sticking to 10k deaths on the United States

Remember when you said only 500 would die? Remember when you also said less than 500k people in the world would be affected by this virus?

It's already at 700,000

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 1.19.45 PM.png

You change your "predictions" more than 384 hr GFS output. I strongly suggest sitting this one out, because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about & mentally incapable of understanding basic math. Don't worry though, you're far from alone, a majority of Americans don't either.

Do you not think 10k is a reasonable guess? Excuse me for being optimistic but here’s a fact United States death rate is under 2percent 1.68 percent to be more exact.

How long does the ones that favor the shut down of everything want it to go on? Do you feel that there will be a point of no return for the economy? What if virus appears again in fall or winter? Shut down everything again? Does know one not see rights are being taken away with arrest for not following quarantine in some cities? I’m asking for honest opinions.

Do you not think 10k is a reasonable guess? Excuse me for being optimistic but here’s a fact United States death rate is under 2percent 1.68 percent to be more exact.

When you overload the healthcare system and don't have the capacity to treat the sudden, exponentially higher influx of new CoV-19 patients, the death rate changes (i.e. gets worse/higher), this is a pretty basic, obvious fact about pandemics like CoV.

How long does the ones that favor the shut down of everything want it to go on? Do you feel that there will be a point of no return for the economy? What if virus appears again in fall or winter? Shut down everything again? Does know one not see rights are being taken away with arrest for not following quarantine in some cities? I’m asking for honest opinions.
What rights are being taken away from you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back