• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rights are being taken away from you?
Not me but people in Chicago being arrested and other cities. Just asking does anyone not see problems with this? I follow the laws but maybe this is the new norm.

How long does the ones that favor the shut down of everything want it to go on? Do you feel that there will be a point of no return for the economy? What if virus appears again in fall or winter? Shut down everything again? Does know one not see rights are being taken away with arrest for not following quarantine in some cities? I’m asking for honest opinions.

Obviously I am not welcomed here to have opinions or conversations. Good luck to everyone.

Good grief dude. From reading your posts I feel like you are having a tough time with this but most folks here aren't out to get you and make you feel unwelcome. We are averaging 400-800 unique members per day somewhere in that someone is likely to disagree with you on something. You add in the fact that we are experiencing an event most of us have never seen and you are seeing even more polarization. It's unfortunate that you feel unwelcome but when you put your opinions out there you have to be willing to accept a counter to it no matter if you think you are right.

Not me but people in Chicago being arrested and other cities. Just asking does anyone not see problems with this? I follow the laws but maybe this is the new norm.
What were they arrested for? You need a little more substance than people arrested in Chicago my man......

Thank you, Mr. President, for extending the social distancing guidelines through 4/30. Excellent decision.

Thank you, Mr. President, for extending the social distancing guidelines through 4/30. Excellent decision.

Sounds like he was advised by Fauci and Birx to do so and he listened. Good move for sure, I know here in NC our 30 day SIP starts tomorrow and goes through the end of April.

Sounds like he was advised by Fauci and Birx to do so and he listened. Good move for sure, I know here in NC our 30 day SIP starts tomorrow and goes through the end of April.

Thankfully, he listened to the good docs! I thought the PC was better than most and pretty good overall because the downplaying theme wasn’t there but it did get a bit unnecessarily heated with 2 of the press, including the CNN guy.

Trump is the worst....he suggested health care workers are hoarding mask or were moving the mask "out the back door" implying they are selling them etc that's why there are shortages.....Trump will do anything to shift blame away from himself....

Trump's statement...

“It’s a New York hospital, very — it’s packed all the time,” he said. “How do you go from 10 to 20 [thousand masks per week] to 300,000? Ten [thousand] to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 — even though this is different? Something is going on, and you ought to look into it as reporters. Are they going out the back door?

Just so we are clear why there are no mask......on Feb 5, HHS Secretary Azar requested $2 billion to buy respirator masks & other supplies for the national stockpile, Trump cut that request by 75%...…..Now a mask shortage is forcing healthcare workers to use bandanas & scarves

Cant wait to see how the Trump apologist spin this one....

Trump is the worst....he suggested health care workers are hoarding mask or were moving the mask "out the back door" implying they are selling them etc that's why there are shortages.....Trump will do anything to shift blame away from himself....

Trump's statement...

“It’s a New York hospital, very — it’s packed all the time,” he said. “How do you go from 10 to 20 [thousand masks per week] to 300,000? Ten [thousand] to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 — even though this is different? Something is going on, and you ought to look into it as reporters. Are they going out the back door?

Just so we are clear why there are no mask......on Feb 5, HHS Secretary Azar requested $2 billion to buy respirator masks & other supplies for the national stockpile, Trump cut that request by 75%...…..Now a mask shortage is forcing healthcare workers to use bandanas & scarves

Cant wait to see how the Trump apologist spin this one....
It would be in his best interest (and of course the rest of America’s) if he just shut up and let the experts speak. But we live in an age rampant in anti-intellectualism and anti-science, where a not-so-insignificant amount of the population don’t trust scientists who’ve spent countless hours doing the work. This population claims that the influencers on YouTube and radio talk show hosts (*cough* Limbaugh *cough*) know more than everyone else, and are perfectly content with a rambling incoherent moron who disrespects the office just as long as their 401k’s are thriving. It’s the “me, me, ME” or “I got mine, F you” mentality that has plagued this country. Examples range from the spring breakers on the beaches, to the mega-church goers ignoring safety bulletins and insisting that their faith is the physical cure for the virus. These are all reasons why we are doing so poorly combatting this virus unlike far eastern nations.

Last edited:
yahoo/huff post are particularly awesome sources for the truth; almost as good as Maggie Haberman from the nyt..

Here's the content of one of her tweets quoting Trump
“I want them to be appreciative,” the president says of governors who are criticizing the federal response."

Here's what he actually said:
"I want them to be appreciative. I don't want them to say things that aren't true. I want them to be appreciative. We've done a great job. And I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about Mike Pence, the task force, I'm talking about FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers.”

Gotta love it all, haters gonna hate, TDS is real..

Your wasting your time pointing this out. All some care about is finding something to stick and get rid of Trump. Love CBS news airing a story on a NYC hospital being in dire straits etc. The whole time they where using clips from sky news an italian hospital. Just one of countless examples.
It falls back to not being able to sale their idealogy,ideas,ability to govern to the majority of Americans. So they are desperate for any and every little thing they can throw against the wall hoping it sticks. They want Trump to fail simply for his policies not his persona.

Your wasting your time pointing this out. All some care about is finding something to stick and get rid of Trump. Love CBS news airing a story on a NYC hospital being in dire straits etc. The whole time they where using clips from sky news an italian hospital. Just one of countless examples.
It falls back to not being able to sale their idealogy,ideas,ability to govern to the majority of Americans. So they are desperate for any and every little thing they can throw against the wall hoping it sticks. They want Trump to fail simply for his policies not his persona.
Yeah it is much harder to be a free thinker than to be a sheep.

I don't say much good about Trump and for good reason, but I thought yesterday's decision to extend the restrictions through 4/30 was an excellent one. I'm glad Trump listened to the brilliant docs. For a change he didn't downplay things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back