• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Fauci absence was questioned he does not agree with Trump so no surprise we didn't see him out there tonight...."he was busy doing other meetings"....

Trump said Fauci was at a task force meeting during the press briefing.

“He’s a good man. I like Dr. Fauci,” Trump said. “He’s not here because we weren’t discussing” issues that he is best at addressing, the president said.

Asked if Fauci agreed with Trump on the need to ease some of the travel and social distancing restrictions as a way to revive the economy, Trump said: "He doesn't not agree."

They have an advisor and it's not in high risk, problem is everything is down these days. I don't know all the details, he's a stubborn buzzard.

CD, money market, annuity, etc have lost zero value. There are safe options. Even though they may not be attractive as the allure of the market they are risk free as long as the institutions don't go under. If it was my parents I'd be wanting to talk to that advisor.

Again, I hope they recover soon. It's only down to about 2016 levels so maybe remind them they only lost a couple years gains. Just trying to help.

Look at it this way. A couple saved up and worked hard and had 500k in the stock market to live off for the next 20 years. Now a crash comes and their savings is worth 250k and they have no idea how much further it’ll go down. That will cause a ton of fear and worry for any elderly couple... and I know quite a few in this exact boat who would prefer the economy get back up and running vs the anxiety/fear that comes with seeing their investments cut in half in a few weeks.

This is similar to the other post and it's hard not come across as critical but anyone even remotely close to retirement should not be 100% exposed to risk. If they were 60 and had 60% of their money protected against loss that would be 300,000 safe. The other 40% is 200,000 and it has only experienced 30% losses, or 60,000. So a risk tested and age appropriate portfolio that was 500k would be worth 440k now.

Again, there are bad FA'S and there is greed for gain on both sides. If someone was 100% chasing returns then it's kind of on them, isn't it? We were in the longest bull market since before WWII. It wasn't going to last forever Covid-19 or not.

Dr Fauci absence was questioned he does not agree with Trump so no surprise we didn't see him out there tonight...."he was busy doing other meetings"....

Trump said Fauci was at a task force meeting during the press briefing.

“He’s a good man. I like Dr. Fauci,” Trump said. “He’s not here because we weren’t discussing” issues that he is best at addressing, the president said.

Asked if Fauci agreed with Trump on the need to ease some of the travel and social distancing restrictions as a way to revive the economy, Trump said: "He doesn't not agree."

Trump is so full of poop. What the heck is wishy-washy Trump saying here? I bet Fauci is furious with Trump right now. You could see it in Fauci’s expressions when he was standing behind Trump in the prior N.C. they were both at. Trump is such a jackass that it wouldn’t shock me if he decides to try to open things up early just to spite Fauci.

I’d love just to have Fauci at the next one and Trump take a break. When Fauci talks, we’re hearing the truth/facts. When Trump speaks, we’re hearing nonsense/poop/half-truths/lies/exaggerations quite often.

Last edited:
This is similar to the other post and it's hard not come across as critical but anyone even remotely close to retirement should not be 100% exposed to risk. If they were 60 and had 60% of their money protected against loss that would be 300,000 safe. The other 40% is 200,000 and it has only experienced 30% losses, or 60,000. So a risk tested and age appropriate portfolio that was 500k would be worth 440k now.

Again, there are bad FA'S and there is greed for gain on both sides. If someone was 100% chasing returns then it's kind of on them, isn't it? We were in the longest bull market since before WWII. It wasn't going to last forever Covid-19 or not.
Look I get what you're saying but part of my point was, for my parents, it isnt about them. For many in their situation it isn't, it isnt selfishness or greed on their part, its they are doing this for the next generation. So yeah not wise investment decisions, not everybody has that knowledge but it was more about the selfless act.

Trump is so full of poop. What the heck is Trump saying here? I bet Fauci is furious with Trump right now. You could see it in Fauci’s expressions when he was standing behind Trump in the prior N.C. they were both at. Trump is such a jackass that it wouldn’t shock me if he decides to try to open things up early just to spite Fauci.

Yeah at this point if you have to pick a direction to go in go total lockdown.....Trump NEEDS the economy to recover, he NEEDS the stock market to bounce back, because without them he is not going to even have a chance at winning in Nov.....so as usual Trump is listening to the advisors that tell him what he WANTS to hear and ignores the ones he should be listening too.....Trump is not capable of making decisions that are the best for everyone as he looks at things from a me first perspective always....so all you grandparents out there sorry you have to die so your grandkids can have a good economy.....

The crazy part is that if we stuck to the plan and even went total lockdown for a 2-3 week period it would actually make it better faster...we would be coming out of it with a better handle on the drug cocktails after they had been tested better, the number of cases would hopefully be flattened leveled off, the death rate would be lower, etc etc, this would ultimately be better for the economy as it would give a better sense of stability. The sign of a effective leader is making the call and then sticking with it, Trump should not even have mentioned anything about letting up till the end of the 15 day plan....i

Yeah at this point if you have to pick a direction to go in go total lockdown.....Trump NEEDS the economy to recover, he NEEDS the stock market to bounce back, because without them he is not going to even have a chance at winning in Nov.....so as usual Trump is listening to the advisors that tell him what he WANTS to hear and ignores the ones he should be listening too.....Trump is not capable of making decisions that are the best for everyone as he looks at things from a me first perspective always....so all you grandparents out there sorry you have to die so your grandkids can have a good economy.....

The crazy part is that if we stuck to the plan and even went total lockdown for a 2-3 week period it would actually make it better faster...we would be coming out of it with a better handle on the drug cocktails after they had been tested better, the number of cases would hopefully be flattened leveled off, the death rate would be lower, etc etc, this would ultimately be better for the economy as it would give a better sense of stability. The sign of a effective leader is making the call and then sticking with it, Trump should not even have mentioned anything about letting up till the end of the 15 day plan....i
Typical over exaggeration, good grief nobody wants grandparents to die

I see why they might not agree on things...
8ca96b78ae1a954a5d9e1f2d911c612b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see why they might not agree on things...
8ca96b78ae1a954a5d9e1f2d911c612b.jpg

I didn’t know that. Yep, Trump is such a teeny, weeny, ? that I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s having an effect on their relationship despite Fauci being about the most knowledgeable and experienced US epidemiologist.

I didn’t know that. Yep, Trump is such a teeny, weeny, that I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s having an effect on their relationship despite Fauci being about the most knowledgeable and experienced US epidemiologist.

Your opinion is well noted. Thanks

I do understand where Trumps coming from. We can’t keep people out of work for months. People will lose there homes and go hungry. Is that really ok? I don’t want 100,000 people dead either but I also don’t want people losing jobs and homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back