• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.” Trump: “I didn’t know people died from the flu.”

My personal favorite :p

Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.” Trump: “I didn’t know people died from the flu.”

This one though.....ouch now we know why he went bankrupt so many times

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
Feb 24

The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

For those saying let's not make Corona political... I give you POTUS in the last 24 hours.

"Sleepy Joe Biden was in charge of the H1N1 Swine Flu epidemic which killed thousands of people. The response was one of the worst on record. Our response is one of the best, with fast action of border closings & a 78% Approval Rating, the highest on record. His was lowest!"

The Obama White House had to immediately issue an apology for Joe Biden’s remarks, and any alarm that he might have caused, an alarm about a Swine Flu outbreak that took 6 months for President Obama to declare a National Emergency, and that killed 12,000 Americans.”

For decades the
@CDCgov
looked at, and studied, its testing system, but did nothing about it. It would always be inadequate and slow for a large scale pandemic, but a pandemic would never happen, they hoped. President Obama made changes that only complicated things further.....

.... Their response to H1N1 Swine Flu was a full scale disaster, with thousands dying, and nothing meaningful done to fix the testing problem, until now. The changes have been made and testing will soon happen on a very large scale basis. All Red Tape has been cut, ready to go!

Enough?

For those saying let's not make Corona political... I give you POTUS in the last 24 hours.

"Sleepy Joe Biden was in charge of the H1N1 Swine Flu epidemic which killed thousands of people. The response was one of the worst on record. Our response is one of the best, with fast action of border closings & a 78% Approval Rating, the highest on record. His was lowest!"

The Obama White House had to immediately issue an apology for Joe Biden’s remarks, and any alarm that he might have caused, an alarm about a Swine Flu outbreak that took 6 months for President Obama to declare a National Emergency, and that killed 12,000 Americans.”

For decades the
@CDCgov
looked at, and studied, its testing system, but did nothing about it. It would always be inadequate and slow for a large scale pandemic, but a pandemic would never happen, they hoped. President Obama made changes that only complicated things further.....

.... Their response to H1N1 Swine Flu was a full scale disaster, with thousands dying, and nothing meaningful done to fix the testing problem, until now. The changes have been made and testing will soon happen on a very large scale basis. All Red Tape has been cut, ready to go!

Enough?
The obsession continues...…..The Trump hating club should get together (after things calm down of course) have lunch, discuss all things Trump and then finish the day off waxing your balls....LOL

Last part was a joke fellas....

Technically he is right, people who get the flu die from secondary infections initiated by the virus, like Pneumonia or pre existing health conditions which exacerbates them.

For decades the
@CDCgov

Enough?
What you don't seem to understand (which is hardly surprising), that his comments concern something that is NOT A CURRENT ONGOING crisis situation but a record of what has happened and how badly it was handled, which is fair game. This playing politics with a crisis is okay to look back on and judge results but WHILE the crisis is still developing, one should try to refrain from politicizing it. Can you dispute the history of what he is saying? This crisis needs to be solved first and then after the fact if you want to politicize it, fair enough.

Most of us military guys have been taught (threatened if you prefer) not to criticize our commanders while in the military ( without following the chain of command) but that once you are out of it (the military) it is your right and duty to criticize them if you feel they made errors that cost lives.

The obsession continues...…..The Trump hating club should get together (after things calm down of course) have lunch, discuss all things Trump and then finish the day off waxing your balls....LOL

Maybe the pro trumpers can have a club too. Instead of waxing yours yall can spend time trying to detach from trumps.

Last part was a joke fellas.....

DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT disparage the mowing of the lawn!! It keeps the unsightly and unkempt forest from taking over the crotchular region. The smoothness is amazing and now my wife can actually see that I have an impressive package... for a toddler.

Most of us military guys have been taught (threatened if you prefer) not to criticize our commanders while in the military ( without following the chain of command) but that once you are out of it (the military) it is your right and duty to criticize them if you feel they made errors that cost lives.

I said this the other day to @Sandbar I may not like the man or his policies, but I put that behind me for the respect I have for the office itself.

This is absolutely true but speaking for myself only, I don't criticize unless I am versed enough in the subject I am criticizing......I served under Jocko Willink in 2008 and that was his policy. You had best criticize anything he did and actively participate in keeping yourself safe BUT you had best have your affairs in order because like you said.....ERRORS COST LIVES

So what I take from the Corona thread, the politics thread and even the stock market thread is that those leaning right are trying to downplay the total clusterf*ck of a situation we find ourselves in with testing this nasty virus. Apparently, to me, they realize this will reflect terribly on their 'dear leader'. It's to a point where they are now saying it doesn't matter if we test cause it wouldn't change anything. Even though all doctors and scientists disagree. POTUS is trying to blame former administrations for their screw-ups even though they fired then entire medical task force Obama installed during the Ebola outbreak. They had no one to coordinate efforts until this was on US soil even with months of advance notice it would likely reach us. The list of missteps over the last couple months is loooong.

The last few days have shown how much can get done when you throw the entire federal weight behind a problem. In a matter for days we are now getting drive thru testing. But for over a month the administration sat on their hands and acted like this wasn't going to be a big deal because it's an election year and they didn't want to crash the stock market (the most referenced accomplishment of this presidency). It wasn't until the walls were absolutely collapsing all around them did Pence get appointed Czar and they even began to have some honest dialect with the country. The lies and misrepresentations regarding virus are all documented.

So what I take from the Corona thread, the politics thread and even the stock market thread is that those leaning right are trying to downplay the total clusterf*ck of a situation we find ourselves in with testing this nasty virus. Apparently, to me, they realize this will reflect terribly on their 'dear leader'. It's to a point where they are now saying it doesn't matter if we test cause it wouldn't change anything. Even though all doctors and scientists disagree. POTUS is trying to blame former administrations for their screw-ups even though they fired then entire medical task force Obama installed during the Ebola outbreak. They had no one to coordinate efforts until this was on US soil even with months of advance notice it would likely reach us. The list of missteps over the last couple months is loooong.

The last few days have shown how much can get done when you throw the entire federal weight behind a problem. In a matter for days we are now getting drive thru testing. But for over a month the administration sat on their hands and acted like this wasn't going to be a big deal because it's an election year and they didn't want to crash the stock market (the most referenced accomplishment of this presidency). It wasn't until the walls were absolutely collapsing all around them did Pence get appointed Czar and they even began to have some honest dialect with the country. The lies and misrepresentations regarding virus are all documented.

Here is what you can take from it and again speaking for myself. I can only control what I do. Im not going to spend one minute of precious time worrying over something I don't have a damn bit of control over. Being a negative complainer during something like this makes you look like an ass (just my opinion). Negativity solves NOTHING. I have my affairs in order. Do you? If you do then that's great. I will survive the virus, the stock market, the politics of all of it so I am going to support the President in his efforts because its the smart thing to do not the emotional things to do. Maybe that explains it?

Here is what you can take from it and again speaking for myself. I can only control what I do. Im not going to spend one minute of precious time worrying over something I don't have a damn bit of control over. Being a negative complainer during something like this makes you look like an ass (just my opinion). Negativity solves NOTHING. I have my affairs in order. Do you? If you do then that's great. I will survive the virus, the stock market, the politics of all of it so I am going to support the President in his efforts because its the smart thing to do not the emotional things to do. Maybe that explains it?
Totally agree. All I have seen is you Nerman post negative about Trumps handling of this virus. So you can get the rise let me say this. Yes Trump has totally screwed this up. The whole govt has screwed this up. Which is what I was saying a couple weeks ago on here. Would you trust the govt to take care of you? Also don’t forget your beloved Democrats also screwed up. Trying to pass a bill that had abortion money thrown in with the Coronavirus bill. So it’s both sides!!!!!

Technically he is right, people who get the flu die from secondary infections initiated by the virus, like Pneumonia or pre existing health conditions which exacerbates them.

What you don't seem to understand (which is hardly surprising), that his comments concern something that is NOT A CURRENT ONGOING crisis situation but a record of what has happened and how badly it was handled, which is fair game. This playing politics with a crisis is okay to look back on and judge results but WHILE the crisis is still developing, one should try to refrain from politicizing it. Can you dispute the history of what he is saying? This crisis needs to be solved first and then after the fact if you want to politicize it, fair enough.
Dems are politicizing too, it just doesn't get reported as much.... Biden and others still calling the travel bans xenophobic, attaching abortion funding to the coronavirus stimulus bill, it never ends.

We have a political divide in this country that makes it darn near impossible to get anything accomplished for "we the people" that they are supposed to be representing. Not sure how or even if the divide will be narrowed but reading threads like this gives me little hope it will ever get done. Putting your faith in humans is a losing proposition, so I will continue to trust God and figure it will all work out like He wills it. For those that think science has all the answers we need, this current crisis is a good example of the folly of that belief. Now science may develop a vaccine that alleviates this particular illness but they don't have the ability to anticipate things before they happen and be totally prepared.

Well my company just canceled our banquet. I had already canceled but this hurts the vendors that were coming to our vendor fair. I wonder if the ConAg show will cancel

What would you guys( Downeast,Gawx,Nerman) think if Trump in the face of a brand new virus, waited 10 months till he declared a national emergency only after over a million people had been infected, over 100,ooo hospitialized and 18,000 dead?

Last edited:
What would you guys( Downeast,Gawx,Nerman) think if Trump in the face of a brand new virus, waited 10 months till he declared a national emergency only after over a million people had been infected, over 100,ooo hospitialized and 18,000 dead?

Unfortunately we're well past the point where any of that matters; TDS is real and he could walk on water and it wouldn't be good enough. There are enough back and forth's to last us a lifetime.

I hope this doesn't become a mass casualty event; we fix our supply chain and bring more things back to made in America, and common sense prevails in November and Trump is re-elected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back