• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deplorable democrat gov. Cooper doesn’t want law enforcement officers to take orders from ICE. I can see Trump getting us a republican governor soon. Would love to see ICE raids at Tyson Foods in Wilkesboro and elsewhere across the state.

Why is the MSM still stuck on the Trump Alabama gaffe about Dorian? Is news really this slow? Or this low?? Smh.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why is the MSM still stuck on the Trump Alabama gaffe about Dorian? Is news really this slow? Or this low?? Smh.

they got bored with Russia and all the other fake scandals

like do most people in Alabama even care? I mean I left there in 2014 and I know Doug Jones won a Senate race(let's not get into that...) but its still pretty Republican :p

It is not even the gaffe itself at this point. It is the fact that Trump became so unhinged over it. It just shows how extreme his narcissistic personality disorder is. Beyond that, government officials were ordered to give him cover and defend his madness. That is a real danger, especially to the credibility of organizations tasked with helping to protect life and property.

As for the Confederate BS, the statues were put in place in most cases long after the war ended. They were placed during Jim Crow as reminders of white supremacy. There is no doubt they should come down. They are not tellers of history but rather monuments glorifying racism. No history is lost by tearing them down. Museums and books tell the tale of the Civil War. There are plenty of Confederate battle flags on display at the NC Musueum of History if you so wish to visit for example. If you go to Germany you will not see any monuments to the Nazis but that history isn't forgotten. Finally I don't want to hear this "state's rights" crap either. Preserving slavery was a key tenant in articles of secession. There is little to be proud of when it comes to the Confederacy.

It is not even the gaffe itself at this point. It is the fact that Trump became so unhinged over it. It just shows how extreme his narcissistic personality disorder is. Beyond that, government officials were ordered to give him cover and defend his madness. That is a real danger, especially to the credibility of organizations tasked with helping to protect life and property.
I would be willing to wager that most presidents and candidates for the presidency are narcissistic. The office attracts a narcissistic personality. When was the last time we had a President with humility and ego under restraint?

As for the Confederate BS, the statues were put in place in most cases long after the war ended. They were placed during Jim Crow as reminders of white supremacy. There is no doubt they should come down. They are not tellers of history but rather monuments glorifying racism. No history is lost by tearing them down. Museums and books tell the tale of the Civil War. There are plenty of Confederate battle flags on display at the NC Musueum of History if you so wish to visit for example. If you go to Germany you will not see any monuments to the Nazis but that history isn't forgotten. Finally I don't want to hear this "state's rights" crap either. Preserving slavery was a key tenant in articles of secession. There is little to be proud of when it comes to the Confederacy.

Fully support states rights. To me, its narrow-minded to want to enforce everyone to live in your own worldview.

Fully support states rights. To me, its narrow-minded to want to enforce everyone to live in your own worldview.

Hahaha the "state's rights" claim is a myth. I think most people around the world see slavery as morally reprehensible. Racism is too. I guess you see that differently. Do you think Germany removing Nazi monuments was "forcing people to live" in a certain world view? Also when you lose a war, you typically don't get to put up monuments or your flag.

Hahaha the "state's rights" claim is a myth. I think most people around the world see slavery as morally reprehensible. Racism is too. I guess you see that differently. Do you think Germany removing Nazi monuments was "forcing people to live" in a certain world view? Also when you lose a war, you typically don't get to put up monuments or your flag.
Was he talking about slavery or preserving statues?

I am really disappointed in NOAA for actually defending what Trump said. Very irresponsible of them.

It was very likely some partisan Trump supporter and not representative of NOAA as a whole. When you have conservatives like JB, Maue, and Spann not defending Trump/saying he erred/saying that NOAA defense of trump was a crock, you can easily conclude that Trump was definitely in the wrong here. But of course not in his mind. Trump's error wasn't a big deal...just another gaffe. But his defending himself like a baby is what made it a big deal. He has nobody but himself to blame...not the media/fake news.

I get what you're saying about Trump's narcissism. He always feels the need to defend his mistakes. But I don't the think the MSM is blameless here either. When they keep rehashing this Dorian tweet debacle it makes the news organizations appear to be a gossip column. If President Trump is weakening the credibility of his office with Twitter then the media outlets that obsess over these issues are also weakening their own credibility for impartial reporting (it's dubious they had this, IMHO). As for the NOAA statement itself, they were merely addressing the issue that the NWS Birmingham meteorologist was speaking in absolute terms about impacts from Dorian. In fact a portion of Alabama had been in the TS wind probability zone just 2 days before that infamous tweet. A better response might have been for NWS to express to the public that at this point in time the threat of any effects from the hurricane was very low.

I get what you're saying about Trump's narcissism. He always feels the need to defend his mistakes. But I don't the think the MSM is blameless here either. When they keep rehashing this Dorian tweet debacle it makes the news organizations appear to be a gossip column. If President Trump is weakening the credibility of his office with Twitter then the media outlets that obsess over these issues are also weakening their own credibility for impartial reporting (it's dubious they had this, IMHO). As for the NOAA statement itself, they were merely addressing the issue that the NWS Birmingham meteorologist was speaking in absolute terms about impacts from Dorian. In fact a portion of Alabama had been in the TS wind probability zone just 2 days before that infamous tweet. A better response might have been for NWS to express to the public that at this point in time the threat of any effects from the hurricane was very low.

The fact that at one point in time AL was at threat is irrelevant because at the time Trump made the statement it was obvious AL had no chance to be impacted.

By that time, even the far left outlier UKMET had shifted all the way to the right to offshore in the Atlantic for several runs in a row. AL's risk of impact from Dorian was essentially zero by then. NWS Birmingham shouldn't have been thrown under the bus by that unnamed NOAA spokesman as Spann, JB, and Maue all said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back