• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was just about history, why is there no monuments for world war I, world war II, Vietnam, Korea or the revolutionary war? I will tell you why. The statue was put up by bitter racist people who wanted to keep the past alive. It's not a statue that honors all veterans of the great war, just "our Confederate heroes". They were traitors

Google it. There are monuments around the USA for all the wars you have said. That said we can agree to disagree on the true meaning of a statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google it. There are monuments around the USA for all the wars you have said. That said we can agree to disagree on the true meaning of a statue.

Maybe you should Google it. In the presentation speach for the statue, the chief justice for N.C. said " the 14th amendment that gave freedom to colored people was not adopted legally"

The Daughters of the Confederacy gave it to the county as a "gift". Imagine the daughters of the Nazis putting up a statue of SS soldiers in Germany

The Daughters of the Confederacy gave it to the county as a "gift". Imagine the daughters of the Nazis putting up a statue of SS soldiers in Germany

I did google it and there are plenty. Again you have a right to a opinion. I’m glad they removed it and made you feel better.

I did google it and there are plenty. Again you have a right to a opinion. I’m glad they removed it and made you feel better.

There is no monuments to any war in this county or most in N.C other than the ones for our Confederate heroes. I will feel better when all the rebel flags flying in my town today because of this are gone. At the town meeting the people who wanted to keep it asked why there was no black people present if they were offended. I wonder why black people felt uncomfortable being at a meeting with rebel flags everywhere?

There is no monuments to any war in this county or most in N.C other than the ones for our Confederate heroes. I will feel better when all the rebel flags flying in my town today because of this are gone. At the town meeting the people who wanted to keep it asked why there was no black people present if they were offended. I wonder why black people felt uncomfortable being at a meeting with rebel flags everywhere?

So you think there should be monuments of all wars in your county ? Those wars weren’t fought in NC only the confederate war.

Let's see, Nazis believed in racial superiority and so did the Confederacy

The Confederate Secession movement was for states rights. The Nazi Ideals were pure evil and responsible for 50+ MILLION Deaths.

So you think there should be monuments of all wars in your county ? Those wars weren’t fought in NC only the confederate war.

Pretty sure the revolutionary war was fought in N.C. and we lost soldiers in every war, but why let facts get in the way.

Pretty sure the revolutionary war was fought in N.C. and we lost soldiers in every war, but why let facts get in the way.

I didn’t know that, thought it was fought north of NC. I’m sorry you don’t have a monument of that war. You should ask your local officials for one.

The CSA, were pro-slavery in a time where a lot of people groups and nations around the world supported slavery.

The Nazis were ethnic supremacists who wanted to eradicate every group of people who they thought were unfit for their nation.

While I get that a lot of Confederate monuments were put up and supported by groups who very likely were racist. The Nazi comparison is needlessly hyperbolic.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Why is the United States the only Country having to deal with “privelage and guilt” shoved down our throats.
This from far left Wikipedia......

1566600480377.png

Last edited:
Why is the United States the only Country having to deal with “privalage and guilt” shoved down our throats.
Extremist politicians getting power and a corrupt media system across the board. It's really exaggerated because the majority just want to live their lives and not be bothered. A very small amount of people will go out of their way to shove an extreme viewpoint right or left into the public. Unfortunately, it's these that get the attention. And since we are in a time that leans slightly more progressive, it seems like the portrayal has to be on the far left end of the political spectrum. Incidents only make people get more extreme and it gets into a complicated cycle that only makes it worse. That's why we have more focus on far right and far left groups or individuals causing trouble. Yeah this is off the topic but I figured I'd bring it up since the political environment in today's world is becoming ever so increasingly hostile and you mentioned the whole "privilege and guilt" thing.

:oops:
The CSA, were pro-slavery in a time where a lot of people groups and nations around the world supported slavery.

The Nazis were ethnic supremacists who wanted to eradicate every group of people who they thought were unfit for their nation.

While I get that a lot of Confederate monuments were put up and supported by groups who very likely were racist. The Nazi comparison is needlessly hyperbolic.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
So thinking you are superior to one race is not as bad as thinking you are superior to all races?

Just food for thought..... and a fact: there are more slaves in the world today then at anytime during the slave era. But let's worry about stupid statues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
people "worrying" about statues have the same thing between their ears as the statues do ... just sayin' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back