• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The left are saying that the Philadelphia shooting is highlighting the need for gun contro"l. Shocker! The only facts we know as of now from yesterday are; this guy Was in the act of committing a felony, was a convicted felon with a record dating back nearly 19 years that includes firearms charges. That tells me he possessed the weapons he had illegally.
Short of confiscating every single weapon in this country and guaranteeing beyond a shadow of a doubt that no weapon could ever be smuggled into this country, tell me what law or gun control measure would have stopped this maniac?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The left are saying that the Philadelphia shooting is highlighting the need for gun contro"l. Shocker! The only facts we know as of now from yesterday are; this guy Was in the act of committing a felony, was a convicted felon with a record dating back nearly 19 years that includes firearms charges. That tells me he possessed the weapons he had illegally.
Short of confiscating every single weapon in this country and guaranteeing beyond a shadow of a doubt that no weapon could ever be smuggled into this country, tell me what law or gun control measure would have stopped this maniac?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love how certain people were rushing to judgment yesterday before facts were even known

The good thing for Biden getting hit hard now is how early it is, still 7 months before the Iowa caucuses. If this had occurred, say, 6+ months later, it likely would have been harder to recover from it. But now he has plenty of time to recover. He is a true moderate, the only Dem with a very long moderate record. There’s no consistent moderate record from Harris. The Dems best chance is to convince enough swing and independent voters to go Dem. Biden would be the perfect candidate for that.

Keep in mind that the polls and betting sites, just like the stock markets, tend to overreact in knee jerk reactions. Therefore, I expect a correction of some of that overreaction in the weeks to come.

It can’t hurt that folks like civil rights activist John Lewis are defending Biden. Hopefully, he and other civil rights folks will keep up this defense.

And Biden, indeed, comes all the way back up as Harris falls back (actually even sooner than I expected). Prior to the late June debate, he had been way up on Harris. then Harris had her moments against Biden and he fell to only 5% above Harris. Now, he's back to being a whopping 24% above her (29% vs 5%) and being back to being up 14% over all other Dems:

"CNN Poll: Joe Biden regains double-digit lead over 2020 Democratic field" (The short video in there illustrates this well).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...0-democratic-field/ar-AAG3Y69?ocid=spartanntp

And Biden, indeed, comes all the way back up as Harris falls back (actually even sooner than I expected). Prior to the late June debate, he had been way up on Harris. then Harris had her moments against Biden and he fell to only 5% above Harris. Now, he's back to being a whopping 24% above her (29% vs 5%) and being back to being up 14% over all other Dems:

"CNN Poll: Joe Biden regains double-digit lead over 2020 Democratic field" (The short video in there illustrates this well).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...0-democratic-field/ar-AAG3Y69?ocid=spartanntp
If Biden gets the nomination, the Trump 2nd term landslide will surpass Reagan's ...

If Biden gets the nomination, the Trump 2nd term landslide will surpass Reagan's ...

I don’t know, Phil. I’m thinking the opposite as I think the best chance to beat Trump is with a more moderate Dem like Biden who can get more crossovers, independents, and moderates than someone like the far left Warren. His long history is evidence that he’s a moderate at heart who prefers to work with the GOP to come up with compromises rather than fight them tooth and nail. I’ve been following him since he was the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee some 30 or so years ago. I think in his heart he’s for America first rather than Dems first.

Of course, the biggest factor will likely be the economy a year from now. It’s the economy, stupid.

I don’t know, Phil. I’m thinking the opposite as I think the best chance to beat Trump is with a more moderate Dem like Biden who can get more crossovers, independents, and moderates than someone like the far left Warren. His long history is evidence that he’s a moderate at heart who prefers to work with the GOP to come up with compromises rather than fight them tooth and nail. I’ve been following him since he was the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee some 30 or so years ago. I think in his heart he’s for America first rather than Dems first.

Of course, the biggest factor will likely be the economy a year from now. It’s the economy, stupid.

The biggest factor will be his stamina and the ability to make 2 coherent sentences back to back, if it's the 2 of them ...

Not taking sides, just looking at reality ...

The biggest factor will be his stamina and the ability to make 2 coherent sentences back to back, if it's the 2 of them ...

Not taking sides, just looking at reality ...

But that’s part of the Uncle Joe charm. ;)

Yeah Biden is definitely not as extreme as Warren. The Democratic party would be stupid to choose her because they'll be asking for what happened in 2016 to Hillary. Bernie would only win young Democrats mostly and would fail as well. Biden would be the best bet for them.

For the economy, yeah it's anyone's guess, but if the recession happens to show up before November of 2020 you might as well count on Trump losing as the economy being strong right now he takes credit for. If it goes sour then he's losing his strongest point for being re-elected. If it stays strong for the remainder of the time, he's probably going to still have to put that fight up against Biden assuming he's the nominee.

Haha I hope creepy old man is the Dems pick. The only hope the Dems have is that the US does go through the normal recession. I still think Trump can’t be stopped like him or not. He’s a asshole and people love it. It’s going to fun to watch. Georgia economy is doing great. My economy is doing great. I like the path we are on and don’t want to see it derailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haha I hope creepy old man is the Dems pick. The only hope the Dems have is that the US does go through the normal recession. I still think Trump can’t be stopped like him or not. He’s a asshole and people love it. It’s going to fun to watch. Georgia economy is doing great. My economy is doing great. I like the path we are on and don’t want to see it derailed.

Think the one in the White House now has some real serious issues, Medal of Honor, really!

So happy to see my county remove the Confederate memorial in front of the courthouse. It is a participation trophy for the losing side and nothing more. If it was a statue of Sherman I'm pretty sure it would offend the same people who want to keep it

So happy to see my county remove the Confederate memorial in front of the courthouse. It is a participation trophy for the losing side and nothing more. If it was a statue of Sherman I'm pretty sure it would offend the same people who want to keep it

History is history, it tells the story of America good or bad. You shouldn’t be offered by it, you learn from it.

History is history, it tells the story of America good or bad. You shouldn’t be offered by it, you learn from it.

If it was just about history, why is there no monuments for world war I, world war II, Vietnam, Korea or the revolutionary war? I will tell you why. The statue was put up by bitter racist people who wanted to keep the past alive. It's not a statue that honors all veterans of the great war, just "our Confederate heroes". They were traitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back