• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One-off shooters and planes flying into buildings are not an apples to apples comparison, just like one-off mass shootings and gang violence are not an apples to apples comparison. Religious affiliation has nothing to do with it.

And I still can't really understand why Building 7 came down, and straight down at that. That one is a head-scratcher
Btw you keep that up and we will need a conspiracy theory thread....

Btw you keep that up and we will need a conspiracy theory thread....
You know, I just read where a broad group of NY fire commissioners are petitioning to reopen an investigation into it.

She's out there. If you read the article it talks about "resources she put in place" as AG in California, stating individuals were put on two list: one where they are a danger to self or others and the other list where gun ownership is prohibited due to certain criminal convictions. The 2nd list nothing new, felons can't possess a weapon now. The other list is similar to the red flag laws being discussed, problem I have with that is who makes that determination and what is the criteria. Major issue with this is not only 2nd amendment violation but a serious violation of the 4th amendment, unreasonable search and seizure. The constitution means nothing to these leftist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

One-off shooters and planes flying into buildings are not an apples to apples comparison, just like one-off mass shootings and gang violence are not an apples to apples comparison. Religious affiliation has nothing to do with it.

And I still can't really understand why Building 7 came down, and straight down at that. That one is a head-scratcher.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/design/a3524/4278874/

I'm not fully sure about Building 7 tbh but this makes sense honestly. You have to remember that giant 110 story towers came down that unprecedented day in our history. I don't see how there's some big conspiracy either. I've been to NYC a few times now and always go to the memorial btw, It's always very surreal walking around all the names

Last edited:
So per reports, the El Paso shooter seems to have been far right and the Dayton shooter was far left. It's this political extremism that's driving the shooters too.
And just as I don't hold Elizabeth Warren responsible for the Dayton shooting or Bernie for the Scalise shooting (GOP softball practice in case anyone has forgotten), I don't hold Trump or conservatives responsible for the El Paso shooting. These individuals manifest their own hatred, make their own decisions and are solely responsible for their actions. Maybe just maybe if we'd get off the blame game wagon for just a short period of time we could do something about it. (that's not directed at you btw lol)

Oh and in case anyone missed it, there was another mass shooting over the weekend.... 7 people killed in Chicago and 49 shot in all. Yeah yeah different scenario I know but if you want me to have an open mind to any type of gun control laws you're going to have to convince me how effective those laws are in Chicago.
Murder is murder, hatred is hatred.... we've carried our "identity politics" over into "identity crimes", time to start treating them all the same and punish accordingly.

Trump 2020 or raise hell. I really hope his family follows in his steps too.

For me it’s all about who makes me the most money and who I feel can protect America. So I don’t need to say who I’m re voting for I guess since it’s obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obama had 8 years and deep roots to Chicago. What did he do? Couldn’t even raise the minimum wage and what all are the democratic candidates promising so far? That’s why Trump will win. He doesn’t lie to the American people like they do and act like clowns.

Obama had 8 years and deep roots to Chicago. What did he do? Couldn’t even raise the minimum wage and what all are the democratic candidates promising so far? That’s why Trump will win. He doesn’t lie to the American people like they do and act like clowns.
Dude, Trump has lied plenty. The difference is, he doesn't pretend not to lie. He does and says whatever he wants and just doesn't care. The other clowns pretend to be trustworthy. The political process is broken, and none of these people understand what the average American is facing. They may pretend to in their own unique way, and some may be better at talking about it than others or be more "plain spoken" about it than others, but none of them ever do very much that appreciably moves the needle.

That said, you may be right and Trump wins. It's going to be fascinating how it plays out.

I feel like he's done his best to deliver on his promises. After Obama said "those jobs aren't coming back" acting like a sluggish economy is going to be the new normal, we are now experiencing a darn good job market, and economy. He has been straight forward with his objectives, public and transparent about his policies. He's the best one we've had in office since Reagan to me.

As far as not lying to the public, I agree. As far as that's concerned, the only people he has lied to has been the radical left in office. Never cared about any politician's Rep/Dem label, you give me a strong military, good economy, job market, and protect my rights, and deliver on lower taxes I'm going to support you anyway I can. Those are things we know AOC/Chuck Shumer/Nancy Pelosi and people like that can't offer.

I feel like he's done his best to deliver on his promises. After Obama said "those jobs aren't coming back" acting like a sluggish economy is going to be the new normal, we are now experiencing a darn good job market, and economy. He has been straight forward with his objectives, public and transparent about his policies. He's the best one we've had in office since Reagan to me.

As far as not lying to the public, I agree. As far as that's concerned, the only people he has lied to has been the radical left in office. Never cared about any politician's Rep/Dem label, you give me a strong military, good economy, job market, and protect my rights, and deliver on lower taxes I'm going to support you anyway I can. Those are things we know AOC/Chuck Shumer/Nancy Pelosi and people like that can't offer.
Agree 100%! And I'll never vote for anyone who tears down the moral foundation this country was founded on

Oh and in case anyone missed it, there was another mass shooting over the weekend.... 7 people killed in Chicago and 49 shot in all. Yeah yeah different scenario I know but if you want me to have an open mind to any type of gun control laws you're going to have to convince me how effective those laws are in Chicago.
Murder is murder, hatred is hatred.... we've carried our "identity politics" over into "identity crimes", time to start treating them all the same and punish accordingly.

its just another weekend in Chicago honestly its hardly even news there anymore

its just another weekend in Chicago honestly its hardly even news there anymore
I know and that's kind of my point

The gun control supporters argue that gun laws work, umm Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country hmm can't use that
they say ban all military style assault style long guns because the inflict the most carnage, 300 dead and over 1600 shot this year alone in Chicago.... mostly handguns, well can't use that
They say it's only white nationalist and it's all Trumps/conservatives fault, certainly doesn't apply to Chicago, can't use that either. So the liberal biased media stays clear of reporting what's happening in Chicago.

From lawenforcementtoday.com

They age to purchase a firearm is 21. The state requires gun owners to obtain licenses and face background checks as well as imposing waiting periods on firearms purchases. Judges can take guns away from owners who are deemed to be a threat to themselves or others. And recent legislation aims to begin a fingerprinting database of all gun owners in the state.
The problem seems to be (both in Chicago and around the country)… that legal gun owners are not the ones causing the issues.

I know and that's kind of my point

The gun control supporters argue that gun laws work, umm Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country hmm can't use that
they say ban all military style assault style long guns because the inflict the most carnage, 300 dead and over 1600 shot this year alone in Chicago.... mostly handguns, well can't use that
They say it's only white nationalist and it's all Trumps/conservatives fault, certainly doesn't apply to Chicago, can't use that either. So the liberal biased media stays clear of reporting what's happening in Chicago.

From lawenforcementtoday.com

They age to purchase a firearm is 21. The state requires gun owners to obtain licenses and face background checks as well as imposing waiting periods on firearms purchases. Judges can take guns away from owners who are deemed to be a threat to themselves or others. And recent legislation aims to begin a fingerprinting database of all gun owners in the state.
The problem seems to be (both in Chicago and around the country)… that legal gun owners are not the ones causing the issues.

Good point but the problem is that whereas there are strict gun laws in Chicago and Illinois in general, surrounding states don't have these. If the entire country had strict gun laws, would Chicago's murder rate drop? Nobody knows but I think it should be considered a possiiblity.

While I'm stirring the gun debate pot let me add this.

Let's for argument sake take the 2nd amendment out of the debate altogether for a minute (bad idea I know but just for argument sake). If you are going to consider a gun ban or any kind don't you think you first must completely secure the border? With a border that allows hundreds every single day to cross into our country completely undetected, including gun smugglers, how do you stop gun violence? How does it work, anybody?
It's futile unless the border is closed.... it's ironic and telling to me that the left are the one's who want open borders but yet want to ban firearms at the same time. It's not about safety, if it was they would secure the border and attempt to put an end to gun smuggling, no it's about disarming it's citizens....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back