• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they need an ammendment to ban ARs and equivalents? I'm out of my lane with the legal aspects around such a policy.
Yes, of course others will have differing interpretations, but a ban on any weapon imo violates the 2nd amendment. But why the AR? Because it looks "military", has been the unfortunate weapon of choice in the high profile mass shootings? Fact is a person with a couple of 9mm could cause mass carnage, this weapon next? An AR ban does nothing to stop the street carnage in Chicago, they aren't using them of course you could ban all weapons and won't stop that. Wait weapons are banned in Chicago, so..... anyway not arguing with you, hope you know that. Banning AR's (which I'm assuming you know does not mean assault rifle) opens the door to more bans later, eventually attempting to render me defenseless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I always am amazed how they find a way to safely arrest these terrorists but kill the unarmed motorist reaching for his wallet

I always am amazed how they find a way to safely arrest these terrorists but kill the unarmed motorist reaching for his wallet
Usually, these mass shooters are killed.

It’s sad all around but why ignore other things like death totals from starving or poverty in the Appalachians? Sometimes I wish the media wouldn’t cover it and it would only be shared with law enforcement agencies/congress.

a ban on any weapon imo violates the 2nd amendment
There is a distinction ... "any" ... sawed off shotguns and machine guns, for example, are outlawed for private use, and that has stood the test ... has to do with bearing arms and what a "normal" arm is for a "well regulated militia" ... not arguing here, just pointing out some very subtle distinctions from the past that may well come into the discussion ... so be ready for them ...

It’s all about money. No universal pre-k and no health coverage. Limited mental health services. Where is all the money and what’s it doing for you and me?

It’s sad all around but why ignore other things like death totals from starving or poverty in the Appalachians? Sometimes I wish the media wouldn’t cover it and it would only be shared with law enforcement agencies/congress.

Ratings

If all these shootings were done by Muslims we be up in arms but it's just disturbed white guys so there is nothing we can do. Thoughts and prayers

If all these shootings were done by Muslims we be up in arms but it's just disturbed white guys so there is nothing we can do. Thoughts and prayers
Not true at all. I'm disgusted by it and carry every day for protection from deranged white guys, black guys, Muslims, males, females, anybody and everybody whose heart is full of hate with a desire to inflict harm. Not sure what your getting at, what solution has been offered when muslims attacked that isn't being offered now?

Not true at all. I'm disgusted by it and carry every day for protection from deranged white guys, black guys, Muslims, males, females, anybody and everybody whose heart is full of hate with a desire to inflict harm. Not sure what your getting at, what solution has been offered when muslims attacked that isn't being offered now?

Do you not remember all the laws that were made in response to 9-11? I don't know maybe actually doing anything besides praying. One guy with a pathetic shoe bomb changed air travel for everyone but dozens of mass shootings gets no action

Do you not remember all the laws that were made in response to 9-11? I don't know maybe actually doing anything besides praying. One guy with a pathetic shoe bomb changed air travel for everyone but dozens of mass shootings gets no action
Wait are you saying 9/11 was the shoe bomber??? You do remember 9/11 right? Airplanes crashed into the world trade centers, the Pentagon and of course the one heroically brought down in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3000 people. And the shoe bomber, pathetic? If he had been successful he brings down an entire plane and the last time I checked it's not just Muslims being scanned/checked/searched/etc that's entering airports.
Now to your other points, it's not a valid comparison, hijacked planes or bombers, to shooters..... what is your solution? People always say "we need to do something" but generally don't follow it up with a solution

My point is these shootings are looked at differently because it's " disturbed individuals" not "terrorists". When in reality they are the same type people just different ideology. There is just much more emphasis on the Muslim threat not the white nationalist. It's ok for some to ask for a data base of Muslims but the same people think doing that with guns is out of the question. I don't think either is constitutional by the way

My point is these shootings are looked at differently because it's " disturbed individuals" not "terrorists". When in reality they are the same type people just different ideology. There is just much more emphasis on the Muslim threat not the white nationalist. It's ok for some to ask for a data base of Muslims but the same people think doing that with guns is out of the question. I don't think either is constitutional by the way
White nationalist are domestic terrorist, you'll get no argument from me on that. But again it's two different situations and @pcbjr might have more insight, but one is a domestic terrorist group and one more international and I think that certainly has some influence as to how it can be handled or what steps can be taken. But I'm not sure how it's "looked at differently", I see people that are appalled by the actions of these 2 on all sides of the issue.

White nationalist are domestic terrorist, you'll get no argument from me on that. But again it's two different situations and @pcbjr might have more insight, but one is a domestic terrorist group and one more international and I think that certainly has some influence as to how it can be handled or what steps can be taken. But I'm not sure how it's "looked at differently", I see people that are appalled by the actions of these 2 on all sides of the issue.
I'm only saying that if all the shootings after 9-11 were done buy Muslims we would have action taken

I'm only saying that if all the shootings after 9-11 were done buy Muslims we would have action taken
Not sure about that, the Orlando shooting that killed 49 was carried out by an individual who identified as Muslim and pledged allegiance to ISIS. How was it treated differently?

One-off shooters and planes flying into buildings are not an apples to apples comparison, just like one-off mass shootings and gang violence are not an apples to apples comparison. Religious affiliation has nothing to do with it.

And I still can't really understand why Building 7 came down, and straight down at that. That one is a head-scratcher.

One-off shooters and planes flying into buildings are not an apples to apples comparison, just like one-off mass shootings and gang violence are not an apples to apples comparison. Religious affiliation has nothing to do with it.

And I still can't really understand why Building 7 came down, and straight down at that. That one is a head-scratcher.

I get your point here but I dare say (and this is a cross over from the religious thread I guess) but the lack of any moral authority, I'm Christian so the lack of a true belief in God and His love, certainly allows evil to manifest itself in one's heart to the point that any ounce of respect for life is gone.

I get your point here but I dare say (and this is a cross over from the religious thread I guess) but the lack of any moral authority, I'm Christian so the lack of a true belief in God and His love, certainly allows evil to manifest itself in one's heart to the point that any ounce of respect for life is gone.
Agreed...I was just talking a out the response to these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back