• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you a chanter?
No quite frankly I couldn’t join in on the send her back chant lol. I abstained as did many people . Was a good time , took a couple black friends with me as well , some black protestors called out at them “ my black kings don’t be misled “ my poor buds felt so awkward as everyone stared at em.

I'm VERY much against LGBT hatred (it is horrible just like any group based hatred), but at the same time I agree here with Mario Lopez:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...ansgender-children/ar-AAF7EaY?ocid=spartanntp

I think he's right.

He said, "if you're 3 years old and you're saying you're feeling a certain way or you think you're a boy or a girl or whatever the case may be, I just think it's dangerous as a parent to make this determination then, well, okay, then you're going to a boy or a girl, whatever the case may be ... It's sort of alarming and my gosh, I just think about the repercussions later on."

"He then conflated gender identity with sexual orientation, saying, 'When you're a kid... you don't know anything about sexuality yet. You're just a kid.'"

"'I think parents need to allow their kids to be kids but at the same time, you gotta be the adult in the situation,' Lopez responded. 'Pause with that and—I think the formative years is when you start having those discussions and really start making these 'declarations.''"

---------------------------------------

Bottom line for me: What the heck does a 3 year old, even a 6 year old or, heck, even a 10 year old know about gender identity/sexuality? When I was that young, I didn't even know anything about those things. I just wanted to play with my friends, have fun like a kid should, look forward to birthday presents and family trips, enjoy Sat AM cartoons, look forward to going out to eat, etc. You know, kid kind of things. Come on people, use common sense!

I'm VERY much against LGBT hatred (it is horrible just like any group based hatred), but at the same time I agree here with Mario Lopez:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...ansgender-children/ar-AAF7EaY?ocid=spartanntp

I think he's right.

He said, "if you're 3 years old and you're saying you're feeling a certain way or you think you're a boy or a girl or whatever the case may be, I just think it's dangerous as a parent to make this determination then, well, okay, then you're going to a boy or a girl, whatever the case may be ... It's sort of alarming and my gosh, I just think about the repercussions later on."

"He then conflated gender identity with sexual orientation, saying, 'When you're a kid... you don't know anything about sexuality yet. You're just a kid.'"

"'I think parents need to allow their kids to be kids but at the same time, you gotta be the adult in the situation,' Lopez responded. 'Pause with that and—I think the formative years is when you start having those discussions and really start making these 'declarations.''"

---------------------------------------

Bottom line for me: What the heck does a 3 year old, even a 6 year old or, heck, even a 10 year old know about gender identity/sexuality? When I was that young, I didn't even know anything about those things. I just wanted to play with my friends, have fun like a kid should, look forward to birthday presents and family trips, enjoy Sat AM cartoons, look forward to going out to eat, etc. You know, kid kind of things. Come on people, use common sense!
I remember saying the same thing basically on Ampol and got dragged for it lol.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I remember saying the same thing basically on Ampol and got dragged for it lol.

Why am I not the least bit surprised? I would have been shocked if they didn't do that as the hive there is composed of interchangeable far lefties who almost never tolerate opinions that differ even just a slight bit from their own without being disrespectful to those folks. It isn't an intense discussion/debate forum. It is more like a yelling and screaming forum and I don't see it ever changing. I mean it hasn't in many years. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Being tough on illegal immigration does not make the POTUS or anyone else responsible for the horror in El Paso. That 21 yr old POS, his heart full of hatred and his own bigotry is solely responsible.

We need to pray for the hearts of people, ensure more good people have guns than bad (I carry everywhere) and execute these monsters immediately.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The problem with the less guns argument is eventually the vast majority that will have less guns, are those that were never ever going to carry out these atrocities in the first place. Maybe if they don't have access to a gun they will figure out how to make explosives and kill 100's instead. Over 35k people a year die in DWI accidents, there is never talk of "less alcohol" or "less vehicles", it's not the car, it's not the gun, it's the heart/mind/soul of the one behind the tool of destruction.

Also people love to forget the heroes, the good guys with guns that stopped the bad guy....in the Tx church shooting it was a guy with an AR that prevented further massacre. Also the usher at the church in Tn, there's others but their names don't get thrown around daily so we forget.

The problem with the less guns argument is eventually the vast majority that will have less guns, are those that were never ever going to carry out these atrocities in the first place. Maybe if they don't have access to a gun they will figure out how to make explosives and kill 100's instead. Over 35k people a year die in DWI accidents, there is never talk of "less alcohol" or "less vehicles", it's not the car, it's not the gun, it's the heart/mind/soul of the one behind the tool of destruction.

Also people love to forget the heroes, the good guys with guns that stopped the bad guy....in the Tx church shooting it was a guy with an AR that prevented further massacre. Also the usher at the church in Tn, there's others but their names don't get thrown around daily so we forget.

Agree 100% .... Even if you banned all the guns in America (excluding law enforcement), the deranged folks will still find a way to kill people. Don't blame the tool for the crime. That's the mistake that folks keep making.

Agree 100% .... Even if you banned all the guns in America (excluding law enforcement), the deranged folks will still find a way to kill people. Don't blame the tool for the crime. That's the mistake that folks keep making.

Definitely not ALL the guns. But perhaps a consideration should be made that some of the guns that are now legal be made illegal such as those that are able to shoot numerous bullets within a short period of time. Maybe that would reduce the number of mass shootings. Just a thought.

Another idea I read is to reduce the amount of ammunition that can be sold at one time to anyone. Could that help??

As usual, the best answer is probably somewhere between the extremes.

Definitely not ALL the guns. But perhaps a consideration should be made that some of the guns that are now legal be made illegal such as those that are able to shoot numerous bullets within a short period of time. Maybe that would reduce the number of mass shootings. Just a thought.

Another idea I read is to reduce the amount of ammunition that can be sold at one time to anyone. Could that help??

Still wouldn’t help. The black market is the reason. If you want something you can find it and a law or ban or reduction can’t help. I don’t see anything helping to reduce the amount of mass shootings unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Numerous bullets within a short period of time - your referencing all semi-automatic weapons. I feel like there is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding of firearms out there. Anyway, aside from my 2nd amendment right to bear arms, it's not practical and it will not work. Why must I and all law abiding gun owners sacrifice the right to defend self, our family or any third person because of others actions? Banning weapons, ammo of any kind only gets it out of the hands of the good guys and allowing even less resistance for the bad guys to carry out their evil deeds.

Numerous bullets within a short period of time - your referencing all semi-automatic weapons. I feel like there is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding of firearms out there. Anyway, aside from my 2nd amendment right to bear arms, it's not practical and it will not work. Why must I and all law abiding gun owners sacrifice the right to defend self, our family or any third person because of others actions? Banning weapons, ammo of any kind only gets it out of the hands of the good guys and allowing even less resistance for the bad guys to carry out their evil deeds.

Assault weapons bans are coming. But like I said in the other thread, I doubt it will have a significant impact. The gun debate is a moot point, outside of that.

Assault weapons bans are coming. But like I said in the other thread, I doubt it will have a significant impact. The gun debate is a moot point, outside of that.
It is?? I'd like to know how and then I'd like to know who would define "assault weapons"? Someone please tell me again how those who break the laws will choose to abide by a weapon ban law??

It is?? I'd like to know how and then I'd like to know who would define "assault weapons"? Someone please tell me again how those who break the laws will choose to abide by a weapon ban law??

I hear you and agree, but I think the "comprise" is going to be ban future sales of rifles like ARs. I don't think it will do a lot of good because there are still going to be illegal ways of obtaining them.

I hear you and agree, but I think the "comprise" is going to be ban future sales of rifles like ARs. I don't think it will do a lot of good because there are still going to be illegal ways of obtaining them.
You probably will be right, but without an amendment to the constitution (as Phil has been pointing out) it will be due to liberal judges legislating from the bench.

You probably will be right, but without an amendment to the constitution (as Phil has been pointing out) it will be due to liberal judges legislating from the bench.

Will they need an ammendment to ban ARs and equivalents? I'm out of my lane with the legal aspects around such a policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back