• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t like Obama at all. I thought he was awful because I thought he and the Dem party fostered divisiveness in different ways, especially economic based class warfare. I also thought he sucked with regard to defending the police as a general group. That being said, some of the things many Republicans endlessly complained about regarding Obama are getting a complete pass regarding Trump simply because of tribalism, which wreaks of hypocrisy. The golf crap is a great example. Wtf is with the freaking double standard?

As a golfer I have no issue with any POTUS playing golf, regardless if I support their policies or not (and I definitely did not support Obama.)

Golf gives a person basically undivided attention with the folks they're playing with; one of my previous jobs in sales my rounds of golf with customers were the most productive time I ever spent during the day. You learn a lot about a person from how they play golf; how they take their good and bad shots; and you definitely get to see first hand what kind of integrity they have.

Reagan had more class than the entire group of political figures currently in power no matter what party they're in.

Blah Blah Blah......Broken record. Bernie wants a movement? How bout move quicker to and at work? Dont like your job? Get a new one. Cant find a new one? Move. Cant move? Create your own job. You ALWAYS have another option. If our great grandfathers and grandmothers were Bernie Sanders supporters this country would never have gotten built.

This is not for you specifically.

Why has there been so much negativity tied to being rich/in the top 1%, etc, over the last 10 years or so? I blame a lot of this on the Obama Admin/liberal Dems. It was the central piece of the class warfare they encouraged. Is being rich a crime now? This is one reason I could never see myself voting for Sanders or Warren.

Edit: Even Jim Cramer of CNBC, a longtime Dem, has been very critical of Sanders today and recently due to this item. The liberal Dems are seriously turning him off, which says a lot of you know Jim Cramer’s political history. Today, Jim was talking about what a great man former GE CEO Jack Welch was. He was talking about how Jack had to work very hard to become the very rich man he was.

I agree 100% and that's the beauty of how America is currently setup. You have the opportunity to WORK hard and move your way up if you truly want to instead of everyone being "equal" and struggling to feed their family. I'd much rather live in a country that people have the opportunity to work hard and move their way up vs a country where everyone is entirely dependent upon the government. As Dave Ramsey says, it's not the poor people who own businesses and give you and me a job, it's the rich who do. If you tax the rich more they will have to cut jobs and find other ways to make up that money they lose.

As a golfer I have no issue with any POTUS playing golf, regardless if I support their policies or not (and I definitely did not support Obama.)

Golf gives a person basically undivided attention with the folks they're playing with; one of my previous jobs in sales my rounds of golf with customers were the most productive time I ever spent during the day. You learn a lot about a person from how they play golf; how they take their good and bad shots; and you definitely get to see first hand what kind of integrity they have.

Reagan had more class than the entire group of political figures currently in power no matter what party they're in.

Two quotes regarding playing golf (I love to watch it) and both accurately announce my feelings.

“A good walk spoiled.” -Mark Twain.

“Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.” -Winston Churchill.

This is not for you specifically.

Why has there been so much negativity tied to being rich/in the top 1%, etc, over the last 10 years or so? I blame a lot of this on the Obama Admin/liberal Dems. It was the central piece of the class warfare they encouraged. Is being rich a crime now? This is one reason I could never see myself voting for Sanders or Warren.

To me it is absolutely class warfare. Both sides do it to a certain extent though.....

Yep; let's just get rid of the military completely as they serve no real purpose other than to protect us and our freedoms which just happen to give clowns like this the opportunity to live in la-la land.

why do right wingers not understand how to read for context? What a huge steaming pile of garbage strawman post this was. Who said get rid of the military?

Do you feel that Trump is a bigger threat than Bernie? Just curious..

I know this wasn’t for me but.

100% he’s an embarrassment and a dangerous man. He would crown himself king if he could. I think when he loses he claims fraud and refuses to leave office. He’s a clear and present danger to all
Americans.

Do you feel that Trump is a bigger threat than Bernie? Just curious..
Personally I'm not too sure myself. We know what Trump is like right now. Given that a recession is likely coming, Both would be bad in their own ways. Bernie would try and put his policies in place immediately as the economy goes down, but if the Republicans take the senate and house, he can't do anything. Trump would keep throttling and crash us because he doesn't want to lose his precious stock market he loves to obsess over. However if he is a true businessman and applies intelligence in the manner of the economic cycle, which we have yet to see, he would probably fare better than Bernie in that aspect. However if he chooses ego over business, the country will suffer more with him.

Right wingers are scared lol

look at that crowd!!

You condemn someone else for a "strawman post" then turn around and make the statement "right wingers are scared"... your comments are more divisive with intent to stir emotions then they are factual.

Personally I'm not too sure myself. We know what Trump is like right now. Given that a recession is likely coming, Both would be bad in their own ways. Bernie would try and put his policies in place immediately as the economy goes down, but if the Republicans take the senate and house, he can't do anything. Trump would keep throttling and crash us because he doesn't want to lose his precious stock market he loves to obsess over. However if he is a true businessman and applies intelligence in the manner of the economic cycle, which we have yet to see, he would probably fare better than Bernie in that aspect. However if he chooses ego over business, the country will suffer more with him.
After over 3 years in office y'all still fear this man? I get what you are saying about the economy, but he's not an idiot when it comes to business.... sure a bankrupt business here or there (but any billionaire has been through that). He didn't get where he is because he's stupid....yeah yeah he makes dumb remarks, yeah he probably should tweet less, yeah he's not the most eloquent speaker, I get it. But to say we can't decide if a Communist like Bernie scares us more than Trump..... come on.

You condemn someone else for a "strawman post" then turn around and make the statement "right wingers are scared"... your comments are more divisive with intent to stir emotions then they are factual.

my replies to posts are direct. Not some wild tangent like when i post stop the endless wars and the response is no military anymore.

and are you suggesting my posts are inappropriate? You’re a moderator and you seem to be saying my posts are not appropriate? I get this is a right leaning forum but are you seriously about to tell me I can’t post left wing opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back