• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the potential issue is the conflict of interest issue that has been raised regarding the Biden's which is what will be investigated by the GOP.

"Enter Hunter Biden, who made the jaw-droppingly stupid decision to accept a post on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company founded and tainted by an oligarch widely labeled as corrupt, while his father was the leading Obama administration point person on Ukraine. Even if Hunter Biden’s sole interest had been to help Burisma adopt better governance practices and mend its ways — I’m offering that just for the sake of argument, not because there’s any evidence to support that idea — he should have known better than to lend his name to a company under investigation for money laundering." Source

"The chronology of the Bidens' transactions raises serious questions:

April 15, 2014: Burisma sends Hunter Biden's business partner, Devon Archer, $112,000.
April 16, 2014: Archer visits Vice President Biden at the White House.
April 21, 2014: Vice President Biden arrives in Ukraine bearing millions in aid for the Ukraine energy industry.
May 12, 2014: Hunter Biden joins Burisma's board.
February 2015: Ukrainian authorities seize the property of Burisma's CEO and go after unpaid taxes.
March 2016: Biden demands that Ukraine's top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, be fired, and threatens to hold up $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees.

The Biden campaign claims the vice president demanded Shokin's dismissal for being soft on corruption, and the media gladly parrot that claim. It defies common sense.

Though accounts vary about how aggressively Shokin investigated Burisma, Shokin himself is clear. In an email to The Washington Post, he blamed Vice President Biden for getting him axed, saying that Biden's "motives" were "the activities of Hunter Biden, and the investigators on his tail.

"Profiles in Corruption," a new book by Peter Schweizer, documents how Biden's family and friends leveraged his position to cash in with deals in China, Iraq, Kazakhstan and Latin America. Joe Biden's suspect dealings in Ukraine were not out of character." Source

So while there isn't any proof here of corruption there are some concerns that would warrant an investigation into what was going on, especially with the reputation Burisma had for being corrupt. The very nature of someone joining a company like Burisma, known for corruption and money laundering practices, should raise some serious red flags and at the very least there is a potential conflict of interest issue.

I completely agree that Hunter should have not joined Burisma and that it is aconflict of interest.....but how is that different than what Trumps kds are doing right now. Ivanka has gotten numerous Chinese patents, and Jared has this little gem surely we should investigate that right it sure looks suspicious right?

The real estate company Cadre, owned by Kushner, his brother, Joshua, and a friend, has taken in $90 million in investments from Saudi Arabia and a "Goldman Sachs entity" in the Cayman Islands. Cadre is also one of the properties that Kushner initially forgot to put on his security-clearance application when he joined the Trump administration. Kushner co-founded Cadre in 2014, and despite slow growth in its first couple years, its value has quintupled since 2017, when Kushner joined the White House. The company allows investors to pool money together to buy real estate, and it now manages about $522 million to buy properties across the U.S.

As for Shokin it does not defy common sense, its well documented.....Shokin is and was a crook, he had like a 3% approval rating and was still protected because the Ukrainian president was also corrupt and they worked together. Find me proof that Shokin was tough on corruption.....

Also you information is incorrect, Shokin was fired in March of 2016 but Biden made the 6 hr threat to withhold the aid sometime in Dec 2015 so 3 months passed in which no aid was withheld. The statement was made to express how serious the US was that Shokin be removed....so many people actually believe that Biden made the threat and Shokin was fired in 6 hrs.....that's not what happened at all....

This is unrelated to the current discussion, but my God what a disgraceful showing from the DNC in regards to the iowa caucus debacle. Releasing incomplete polls in petes favor so he can run around doing victory laps based on a metric that doesn’t even matter (bernie is now only 3 SDEs away). Him and bernie will get same national delegates and bernie will have won popular vote. Trump has every right to be a winner from this fcking disgrace as the DNC is just proving his point as to how corrupt they are. Unbelievable

I completely agree that Hunter should have not joined Burisma and that it is aconflict of interest.....but how is that different than what Trumps kds are doing right now. Ivanka has gotten numerous Chinese patents, and Jared has this little gem surely we should investigate that right it sure looks suspicious right?

The real estate company Cadre, owned by Kushner, his brother, Joshua, and a friend, has taken in $90 million in investments from Saudi Arabia and a "Goldman Sachs entity" in the Cayman Islands. Cadre is also one of the properties that Kushner initially forgot to put on his security-clearance application when he joined the Trump administration. Kushner co-founded Cadre in 2014, and despite slow growth in its first couple years, its value has quintupled since 2017, when Kushner joined the White House. The company allows investors to pool money together to buy real estate, and it now manages about $522 million to buy properties across the U.S.

As for Shokin it does not defy common sense, its well documented.....Shokin is and was a crook, he had like a 3% approval rating and was still protected because the Ukrainian president was also corrupt and they worked together. Find me proof that Shokin was tough on corruption.....

Also you information is incorrect, Shokin was fired in March of 2016 but Biden made the 6 hr threat to withhold the aid sometime in Dec 2015 so 3 months passed in which no aid was withheld. The statement was made to express how serious the US was that Shokin be removed....so many people actually believe that Biden made the threat and Shokin was fired in 6 hrs.....that's not what happened at all....

Oh I'm sure the House will be investigating all of his children if they aren't already. But I'm not talking about Trump or his children, I'm talking about Biden and Hunter so let's get back to the topic.

I think it's pretty interesting that Shokin himself "blamed Vice President Biden for getting him axed, saying that Biden's "motives" were "the activities of Hunter Biden, and the investigators on his tail." While that in and of itself isn't proof it does raise flags.. he could be flat out lying but there could also truth behind what he said. Regardless, the point is that there are legitimate concerns such as conflicts of interest, Shokin's statement, how much Hunter was paid, the reputation of Burisma as a corrupt organization, etc. that could warrant an investigation. I'm not a fan of all these investigations into various political opponents as I think it sets a dangerous precedent. However, I can see why a person would want Biden investigated due to the concerns of Burisma being known for corruption and money laundering, and the conflict of interest issue noted.

This is just one person out of many that are saying the same things. When these things were said it was way before Trump was elected this guy actually passed away a few years ago.
Yeah, this is wild. There is an awesome movement going on hence the turmoil we are in now. Good will win. TRUTH will prevail. God bless America!

Oh I'm sure the House will be investigating all of his children if they aren't already. But I'm not talking about Trump or his children, I'm talking about Biden and Hunter so let's get back to the topic.

I think it's pretty interesting that Shokin himself "blamed Vice President Biden for getting him axed, saying that Biden's "motives" were "the activities of Hunter Biden, and the investigators on his tail." While that in and of itself isn't proof it does raise flags.. he could be flat out lying but there could also truth behind what he said. Regardless, the point is that there are legitimate concerns such as conflicts of interest, Shokin's statement, how much Hunter was paid, the reputation of Burisma as a corrupt organization, etc. that could warrant an investigation. I'm not a fan of all these investigations into various political opponents as I think it sets a dangerous precedent. However, I can see why a person would want Biden investigated due to the concerns of Burisma being known for corruption and money laundering, and the conflict of interest issue noted.

The thing is the Ukrainian prosecutors did look into it and found nothing....and they have said as much....several times.

Read up about Firtash and his links to Shokin and Parnas….

"Firtash's lawyers in Vienna were the ones who obtained an affidavit from a fired Ukrainian prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, that Giuliani and other Trump allies have used as a basis to accuse Biden of corruption. Shokin is the prosecutor whom then Vice President Joe Biden urged be removed, in keeping with U.S. policy at the time that viewed him as a bad actor."

And guess who Firtash's lawyers are.....Victoria Toensing and Joseph diGenova both deeply tied to Trump and the GOP...

"Toensing and her husband, Joe diGenova, were talking about Ukraine and Trump long before they began representing Firtash in July. Once briefly considered for a role as Trump's personal lawyers in the Russia investigation, they say they sought to represent "Ukrainian whistleblowers" who had information about misdeeds by Democrats, including Vice President Biden. They said they were blocked from going to Ukraine by the then-U.S. ambassador, Marie Yovanovitch, whom Toensing said "we all wanted to get rid of."

But Firtash was able to help Trump try to discredit the Bidens, through the Shokin affidavit, which the former prosecutor said he made "at the request of lawyers acting for Dmytro Firtash."

So the Shokin affidavit you are referencing was created at the request of these two lawyers with deep ties to Trump.....a affidavit from a disgraced corrupt official with a grudge against Biden, all tied together by a Ukrainian oligarch whois fighting extradition to the US and is the one supplying Parnas and Fruman with the money they use to illegally influence GOP politicians and for which they now are awaiting trial for.

This Trump/Rudy Ukraine scandal is just getting started my friend we have seen just the tip of the iceberg....

The thing is the Ukrainian prosecutors did look into it and found nothing....and they have said as much....several times.

Read up about Firtash and his links to Shokin and Parnas….

"Firtash's lawyers in Vienna were the ones who obtained an affidavit from a fired Ukrainian prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, that Giuliani and other Trump allies have used as a basis to accuse Biden of corruption. Shokin is the prosecutor whom then Vice President Joe Biden urged be removed, in keeping with U.S. policy at the time that viewed him as a bad actor."

And guess who Firtash's lawyers are.....Victoria Toensing and Joseph diGenova both deeply tied to Trump and the GOP...

"Toensing and her husband, Joe diGenova, were talking about Ukraine and Trump long before they began representing Firtash in July. Once briefly considered for a role as Trump's personal lawyers in the Russia investigation, they say they sought to represent "Ukrainian whistleblowers" who had information about misdeeds by Democrats, including Vice President Biden. They said they were blocked from going to Ukraine by the then-U.S. ambassador, Marie Yovanovitch, whom Toensing said "we all wanted to get rid of."

But Firtash was able to help Trump try to discredit the Bidens, through the Shokin affidavit, which the former prosecutor said he made "at the request of lawyers acting for Dmytro Firtash."

So the Shokin affidavit you are referencing was created at the request of these two lawyers with deep ties to Trump.....a affidavit from a disgraced corrupt official with a grudge against Biden, all tied together by a Ukrainian oligarch whois fighting extradition to the US and is the one supplying Parnas and Fruman with the money they use to illegally influence GOP politicians and for which they now are awaiting trial for.

This Trump/Rudy Ukraine scandal is just getting started my friend we have seen just the tip of the iceberg....

Again, the issues with Hunter could warrant a US investigation into the matter over his ties to Burisma, known for money laundering and corruption and the conflict of interest issue. The Senate announced they are going to start investigating so we will find out more info in the long run.

Again, the issues with Hunter could warrant a US investigation into the matter over his ties to Burisma, known for money laundering and corruption and the conflict of interest issue. The Senate announced they are going to start investigating so we will find out more info in the long run.

They have had years to do this lol.....and its only been a big deal since daddy started running for president....but hey they can investigate all they want...

They have had years to do this lol.....and its only been a big deal since daddy started running for president....but hey they can investigate all they want...

Most likely we will see a model adopted in the coming years of every president being heavily investigated by the party that controls the House and/or Senate. I'm not a fan of that but that's where we are heading.

They shut the investigations down. The deep state wouldn't allow it. Ukraine tried to get 2016 election meddling info looked at but doors shut in their face. Until Rudy..It will all become clear what has happened. Takes time to dissemble the deep state.

People actually believe those responsible for the attempted coup [coup attempt] of a duly elected sitting US President will go unpunished?
End to our Constitutional Republic?
No equal justice under the law?
No accountability?
Escape unscathed?
Buckle up!
Q

What’s so comical about all of this is that they just tried to impeach a president on he said she said or I thought he meant this on the call when I heard it. Yet we have Sleepy Joe on video saying it in his own words and now they want us to believe he didn’t really mean it the way he said it. For the sake of America this clown show has got to stop.

Joe acting as a legitimate foreign policy maker as a representative of the USA in a bipartisan way to push for the firing of Shokin is 1 millions times more legit than trump using aid to personally benefit himself while using shadow diplomacy by people who are not even government officials.

It's not in the same ball park, city state, country or universe.
Fantastic read.....

Um I won't even open anything that compares him to Reagan. It's a waste of time.

Fantastic read.....

It was a great read. Thank you for posting! Im sure the "true conservatives" whatever that means will be along at some point to deny it.....with that being said, I agree that a landslide is coming and a part of that incoming slaughter is due to the smug arrogance and stupidity of the democrat leadership

This is absolutely true. Every single second of it. And as much hate as fox news gets (imo, mostly justifiable tbh), i can say i haven't heard a 100% completely true clip on corporate media in a long time.

New Gallup Pole:
Finds that 90% of people are very satisified with their lives

Also they are as high about the economy as they have been since 2000.

"If its the economy stupid" gonna be 4 more years.

A simple observation. Any political thread can quickly become VERY ugly. I, personally cant thank everyone enough for being civil and cordial towards each other. Perhaps, its our southern thing. Treat each other with kindness and respect. You may not believe this, but I respect everyone’s opinion wether I agree or not. We’re all human and American first. Again, thank y’all. ?❤

Chances of a recession beginning in the next 4 years seem very high from how I see it. Then we won't be seeing that phrase as much.

Its certainly possible but recessions dont typically last very long on average if you arent Barack Obama. We will probably see a correction during Trump's second term but I would fully expect any recession to rebound rather quickly.....just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back