• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing he’s partially referring to that other wx BB’s political forum, where there are a good number of mainly far lefties who always act as if they’re mad at the world, cussing up a storm, etc. I really wonder if a lot of their apparent anger is kayfabe/an act because I don’t understand how one could stay so mad all of the time. It seems surreal to me. RC knows exactly what I’m talking about. He tries to be civil there and yet he’s treated as if he’s a monster. Simeon gets similar nasty treatment. This anger has been nonstop since that forum started years ago meaning it will never end. In contrast, political discussions here have been quite civil so far. Crossing my fingers lol.

The incident I think Simeon is referring to is that Trump was asked his opinion about busing from a few decades ago, which he thought was merely referring to a mode of transportation to school instead of a way to integrate schools related to civil rights:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/president-donald-trump-suggests-busing-just-way-get-people-schools-1446669?amp=1

I can understand thinking this is funny but why get so angry about it?
Much more civil here ... but still gotta be careful ... 'cause if the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will ... ;)

What did he say? Haven’t heard anything about that yet lol. It really doesn’t matter what he says, it’s always “bad” to most media sources haha.

So right now who does everyone think are the top 3 democratic candidates? I’m thinking Bernie, Warren and Biden are for now. I get the feeling they want Bernie to be the guy to challenge Trump because Biden makes too many mistakes and Warren does as well. I actually think Biden might would stand the best chance since he would probably moderate a bit to his real views if he becomes the nominee. I think he’s just trying to appear more liberal right now so he can have a shot... he seems to be a bit more moderate in reality though from what I can tell.

As of right now...
1. Bernie Sanders
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Kamala Harris

I think Kamala Harris will end up taking Biden's slot as the moderate candidate, I still stand by what I said before Biden will flame out just like he has every other time he's ran for president.

EDIT: According to USATODAY (It was actually Time), Biden dropped 10 points after Thursday night's debate, Sanders, Warren, and Harris all saw a bump. Harris got the biggest bump doubling where she was previously. (7.9% to 16.6%)
https://time.com/5617826/primary-debate-biden-harris-poll-slips-10/

Last edited:
As of right now...
1. Bernie Sanders
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Kamala Harris

I think Kamala Harris will end up taking Biden's slot as the moderate candidate, I still stand by what I said before Biden will flame out just like he has every other time he's ran for president.

EDIT: According to USATODAY (It was actually Time), Biden dropped 10 points after Thursday night's debate, Sanders, Warren, and Harris all saw a bump. Harris got the biggest bump doubling where she was previously. (7.9% to 16.6%)
https://time.com/5617826/primary-debate-biden-harris-poll-slips-10/

The good thing for Biden getting hit hard now is how early it is, still 7 months before the Iowa caucuses. If this had occurred, say, 6+ months later, it likely would have been harder to recover from it. But now he has plenty of time to recover. He is a true moderate, the only Dem with a very long moderate record. There’s no consistent moderate record from Harris. The Dems best chance is to convince enough swing and independent voters to go Dem. Biden would be the perfect candidate for that.

Keep in mind that the polls and betting sites, just like the stock markets, tend to overreact in knee jerk reactions. Therefore, I expect a correction of some of that overreaction in the weeks to come.

It can’t hurt that folks like civil rights activist John Lewis are defending Biden. Hopefully, he and other civil rights folks will keep up this defense.

Last edited:
Trump continuing to make history... just crossed the border into North Korea briefly(first U.S. President ever) to meet Kim Jong Un again

this is crazy lol

what was supposed to be a 2 minute handshake has turned into a 45 minute summit basically

Last edited:
I’m guessing he’s partially referring to that other wx BB’s political forum, where there are a good number of mainly far lefties who always act as if they’re mad at the world, cussing up a storm, etc. I really wonder if a lot of their apparent anger is kayfabe/an act because I don’t understand how one could stay so mad all of the time. It seems surreal to me. RC knows exactly what I’m talking about. He tries to be civil there and yet he’s treated as if he’s a monster. Simeon gets similar nasty treatment. This anger has been nonstop since that forum started years ago meaning it will never end. In contrast, political discussions here have been quite civil so far. Crossing my fingers lol.

The incident I think Simeon is referring to is that Trump was asked his opinion about busing from a few decades ago, which he thought was merely referring to a mode of transportation to school instead of a way to integrate schools related to civil rights:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/president-donald-trump-suggests-busing-just-way-get-people-schools-1446669?amp=1

I can understand thinking this is funny but why get so angry about it?

Yeah, the treatment I and others got on that forum was crazy. I have talked to people with way radical views than my own and have gotten way less vitriol than I have received on that forum. As I said earlier, I did not handle it well and let myself get too angry which led me to saying a lot of things I regret now.

What if no one was allowed to be president that was a millionaire or billionaire? Would that fix any issues? And how different would the US be if this was law 100 years ago?

Yeah, the treatment I and others got on that forum was crazy. I have talked to people with way radical views than my own and have gotten way less vitriol than I have received on that forum. As I said earlier, I did not handle it well and let myself get too angry which led me to saying a lot of things I regret now.
I'm afraid our next President will be a lot like those angry people on that forum.

I wonder if we will ever get a president who makes fixing Congress their number 1 goal. Term limits. And that’s all they accomplish I would vote for them.

I wonder if we will ever get a president who makes fixing Congress their number 1 goal. Term limits. And that’s all they accomplish I would vote for them.
I've always wondered how you reduce congressional power if Congress has to vote to pass it. I'm guessing it's not going to ever happen.

I've always wondered how you reduce congressional power if Congress has to vote to pass it. I'm guessing it's not going to ever happen.
Reducing Congressional power would require an amendment to the Constitution; requiring Congress to exercise what it has been granted would require an act of God perhaps ...

Term limits are the largest problem right now. It will be hard for Congress to pass a law giving themselves term limits though. I say 10 years max in the house, and 12 years max in Senate

This x100. History is incredibly important not only to know but to learn from so we don’t make the same mistakes that we have made before.. or that other countries have made. Just ask Venezuela how free everything worked out for them. I saw a report where even many of the criminals there have given up trying to steal things because there is nothing left to steal... imagine that for a minute. Meanwhile their corrupt leader has armed guards and plenty to eat while the citizens have absolutely nothing and are starving to death.
You know as well as I do, one of the problems is History just isn't taught anymore (accurate history I should say). And so many now a days don't know how to properly research history, they do a google search and begin reading the first thing that pops up and of course it's biased. It's sad really, young people today aren't being taught accurate history and any source they turn to for research is biased and unfortunately too many rely on the media for information. Which by the way all media has a bias today and is more political then ever, nearly every single tidbit of news is seen through the political prism it's nauseating.

Ah some very true words right here. It amazes me how so many people form opinions on politics and other controversial issues without actually deeply studying both sides and taking a position after doing the research. Colleges and their background/family life appear to be some of the main avenues that influence people into what they believe these days it seems.
I'm not sure if it's laziness or the enabler state we've created in our society (both go hand in hand) but so few think for themselves these days. Either it's easier to just ask someone for the answer instead of researching it to come to your own conclusions or they've been indoctrinated from day one that they can't think for themselves and must follow the masses.

You know as well as I do, one of the problems is History just isn't taught anymore (accurate history I should say). And so many now a days don't know how to properly research history, they do a google search and begin reading the first thing that pops up and of course it's biased. It's sad really, young people today aren't being taught accurate history and any source they turn to for research is biased and unfortunately too many rely on the media for information. Which by the way all media has a bias today and is more political then ever, nearly every single tidbit of news is seen through the political prism it's nauseating.

I saw an article from I think it was MSNBC with the headline "GOP congressman advocates using wolves to eliminate homeless problem" or close to that. I clicked the article and it was about how he was warning the town about the dangers of wild animal attacks on the homeless due to that problem. It was amazing how many people was condemning him for "feeding them to the wolves" and never actually read the article but just went by the headline.

Our society is lazy and so easily set off no matter their political view.

I saw an article from I think it was MSNBC with the headline "GOP congressman advocates using wolves to eliminate homeless problem" or close to that. I clicked the article and it was about how he was warning the town about the dangers of wild animal attacks on the homeless due to that problem. It was amazing how many people was condemning him for "feeding them to the wolves" and never actually read the article but just went by the headline.

Our society is lazy and so easily set off no matter their political view.
All of this is on purpose. I don't care what anyone says. The political class and the main media outlets, both of which are owned by large corporations or corporate interests, want the population divided. That is the goal they operate against. Now you can legitimately debate why that is the case, but you can't deny the existence of it.

And the extension of this fact is why none of the main problems have ever been solved. You would think we were a country of cave men trying to figure out how to start fire. But we're not. There are solutions to all of these major issues. But the system needs the problems (and the people divided because of them) in order to function and keep the wealth and power safety in the hands of those at the top. It's no mystery why the debt and deficits continue to grow, interest rates remain low, and corporations are not returning growth and profits to employees....not to mention the stunning and rapid collapse of morality. Like I said before, it's the kind of thing that happens near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back