• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harris looked fake, scripted, and far from genuine. I don’t like any of em, but I don’t see how anyone can think she did well. Everything she said last night came straight from a script, and she just fumbled around when she actually had to speak for herself. She said something about undocumented veterans and I was just like WTF. Biden you can tell doesn’t even believe in most of the ideas he’s saying. The Democratic Party has gone too far left for him. Healthcare to illegals.... good grief

It’s really simple.
1. In force the laws that are already in the books
2. Secure the border ( with a wall or military I really don’t care which). I’m willing to pay more for my safety.
3. healthcare isn’t a right.
4. Anyone getting help from the government should be drug tested once a week.
5. Remove all the regulations that hinder businesses owners from growing.
6. FAIR TAX OR 999 plan.
7. We need to help our veterans 1000 more then we are.
8. The education system sucks and need to be reformed.
8. Legalize marijuana in all states.
9. Death penalty needs to be used a lot more and quicker for felons that kill or rap anyone.
10. Reform the voting process, it’s too easy for a dem to win due to popularity size in heavy Dems states.
11. Stop helping others countries that don’t help the USA.
12. Drill baby drill!
13. Stop wasting money on the so called human made global warming.( sorry to a few of you who believe we are to blame ).
14. Make golf holes larger and Ban any N.Y. or Boston team from winner a championship ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first job as president would be to fix the roads in this country. My God the potholes up here are ridiculous.

They also have a general disdain for whites and Christians. It's so ironic that their on morbid sense of tolerance causes them to embrace a religion, radical Islam, that actually puts those in the LGBQT community to death for their decisions and still treats women as property. They are blinded by their own hypocrisy and of course feel that anyone who holds a difference of opinion is either a bigot, racist, homophobe, pick the term of the day they like to use.

They're only tolerant of those who believe as they do and have a visceral hatred for anyone else

More specifically, I think the hatred is strongest for white male Christians. To them, they are fair game because there are so many of them. By the way, isn't generalizing with the term "white privilege" really showing a prejudice? Also, I think that many liberals who are anti-Israel and claim not be anti-Semites are really anti-Semites. The country was formed largely to give a safe place for Jews to go after the Holocaust for goodness sakes. Actually, I think a lot of their hatred is fueled by being anti-Bibi since he's quite conservative.

Indeed, what you said about radical Islam. Of course, these liberals will then come back and yell "Islamaphobe" to those who are against radical Islam when in reality for the most part it isn't also a general hatred of Muslims.

Harris looked fake, scripted, and far from genuine. I don’t like any of em, but I don’t see how anyone can think she did well. Everything she said last night came straight from a script, and she just fumbled around when she actually had to speak for herself. She said something about undocumented veterans and I was just like WTF. Biden you can tell doesn’t even believe in most of the ideas he’s saying. The Democratic Party has gone too far left for him. Healthcare to illegals.... good grief

But Harris' numbers jumped a lot and Biden's fell at betting sites. So, many clearly think she did well or at least that she'd get a boost.

But Harris' numbers jumped a lot and Biden's fell at betting sites. So, many clearly think she did well or at least that she'd get a boost.
Same things happened to Trump after debates and we see where that went. Media tries to spin it, but doesn’t always resonate with actual voters.

We are living in one of the best economic times in the history of the United States with no real enemies to consolidate hate in this country right now. The democrats literally have nothing to run on which is why there are 72 candidates displaying the ---- show we have seen the past two nights. Bernie Sanders is a legit communist and likely the only one who truly believes the trash they are proposing. They have to make up racial propaganda, income inequality, and any other discriminatory idea they can come up with, because if you don’t have what your neighbor has, it’s because you were a victim of discrimination or didn’t have access to the same advantages. Of course we are all capable of being brain surgeons and nuclear physicists, we are all the same....party of science my ass.

And Biden, smh. He definitely forgot to take his afternoon meds or something. I mean, he routinely lost count of the number of points he was trying to make. "First, let me say....and second, let me add....,and first, I'd like to say...." He had better start firing back like he has a set, or he might as well pack the bags right now.

Harris will get a much needed bump from last night, she's been stuck in neutral for a while now in the polls. This was her chance to put herself out there more to the general public. Whether it was calculated or not doesn't matter because it worked, that heated exchange over the busing issue is the main highlight the mainstream media has been focused on from that debate. Were a vain country, substance doesn't matter just the optics and the optics make Harris look strong and assertive vs Biden who look meek and shook. Apparently people in Biden's campaign are going into panic mode already. lol I'm tellin' ya he's becoming Hillary 2.0.

My first job as president would be to call New Zealand. Oh wait!
She's an "interesting" character, at least she brought some entertainment to the debate. lol

Harris will get a much needed bump from last night, she's been stuck in neutral for a while now in the polls. This was her chance to put herself out there more to the general public. Whether it was calculated or not doesn't matter because it worked, that heated exchange over the busing issue is the main highlight the mainstream media has been focused on from that debate. Were a vain country, substance doesn't matter just the optics and the optics make Harris look strong and assertive vs Biden who look meek and shook. Apparently people in Biden's campaign are going into panic mode already. lol

She's an "interesting" character, at least she brought some entertainment to the debate. lol
Biden was a disaster the whole night. He couldn't spit out a sentence without stammering around. I'm not a Democrat, but I try to look at the other side reasonably. Harris to me (and Warren) both come across as kind of unlikable. Strength and likability are not mutually exclusive. I would not want to have lunch with either one of them. I think the likability factor matters. That's just my opinion though.

Biden was a disaster the whole night. He couldn't spit out a sentence without stammering around. I'm not a Democrat, but I try to look at the other side reasonably. Harris to me (and Warren) both come across as kind of unlikable. Strength and likability are not mutually exclusive. I would not want to have lunch with either one of them. I think the likability factor matters. That's just my opinion though.
They all want your money to buy someone else's vote ... what the hell happened to work ethic ... sometimes I think this is 3rd Century Rome ... but dismiss the rant ... yet folks, study your history ...

Last edited:
At least he said it, we already know taxes are going to have to go up exponentially to pay for all the free free free free free. I usually stay out of the political discussions on here (or any forum for that matter) but I'm fairly politically opinionated, with that said, we are screwed if any of those Dems get elected. Bye bye American dream, bye bye freedom, hello gov't control, regulation and taxation out the wazoooo without representation.
Do you remember anything about the old USSR. That's what this country will be like if any of them are elected.

Dow ends up with best June since 1938!

1. The Dow fell a little over 100 this week. However, that small drop wasn't enough to keep June from still ending up the best since 1938:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/28/by-...8-sp-500s-best-first-half-in-two-decades.html

June overall was helped by crude oil rising 9%, hints of Fed interest rate drops later this year, and the potential for an agreement with China resulting from the China-US meeting tomorrow at the G20 Summit.

2. One thing that made this result easier to attain is that June had been tied for the 2nd worst month on average over the prior 20 years with an average of a 1% drop. During this time it had a gain in only ~1/3 of the Junes, the lowest % for any month. Consistent with that, June's best in the prior 20 years was a gain of only 3.9%, the lowest for any month. In contrast, June of 2019 rose 7.2%:

https://charts.equityclock.com/dow-jones-industrial-average-seasonal-chart

There's no telling what this portends for July and beyond. But in the meantime, we can at least enjoy the June result and the fact that the first half of 2019, overall, was very strong.

Grew up during the cold war, so yeah I remember and I agree....scary thought.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
3rd grade routine - Bring cans of soup, SpagehttiO's, other non-perishables every morning, pledge allegiance, go to Mass, do duck under the desk and stay there, run to the convent basement ... class dismissed ... was one hell of a 3rd grade education ...
~~~~
learned more under that desk, daily bringing food to store, and sitting in that dank N FL convent basement than any book could ever teach ... was one hell of a 3rd grade education ...

Last edited:
So long as folks don't kill each other, this is interesting ... but please ... take a few hours, days, months and learn history ... unlike weather, we have the capacity to affect and effect ...

This x100. History is incredibly important not only to know but to learn from so we don’t make the same mistakes that we have made before.. or that other countries have made. Just ask Venezuela how free everything worked out for them. I saw a report where even many of the criminals there have given up trying to steal things because there is nothing left to steal... imagine that for a minute. Meanwhile their corrupt leader has armed guards and plenty to eat while the citizens have absolutely nothing and are starving to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back