• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the main reason I can’t support this is because this is not the first second third or fourth avenue sought by the Dems to remove 45 from office. It’s something new every week and the people are sick of it. It’s a damn circus at this point and I won’t be a part of it

There were some dems who outright wanted him gone and were looking for anything. The house also voted 3 times NOT to proceed with impeachment over those things.

Trump and only trump us to blame. He gave them everything they needed and he gave it to them on a silver platter.

Was he really concerned about corruption? Well downeastnc summed that up really well. The measly 391M held up to Ukraine is a drop in the bucket compared to the 3.4B we give to a very corrupt Isreal. The only thing that changed was Biden jumped in the race.

Several things...first the Trump admin had given aid money to Ukraine 50 times in the first 3 yrs of his administration, most of that was when the previous corrupt president of Ukraine was in office....guess how many times that aid was held up to verify there was no corruption.....if you guessed anything other than ZERO you are wrong.....that's right not one time did Trump admin hold back a single penny of aid to a known corrupt president of Ukraine. This makes the entire argument that this is about corruption utter BS......there is not other rational way to look at it, the corruption excuse was only used AFTER Biden declared for president.

Second the aid was only released AFTER the WH found out about the WB complaint.....like the very next day.....so that's a crazy coincidence huh.....

Trump asking a foreign government to investigate his political rival in return for access and aid is bribery, extortion, etc pick whatever word you feel the most comfortable with....there is no world where what Trump did should be excepted as ok or just doing business. The GOP has the chance here to get rid of a horrible president before its too late and he destroys the GOP once and for all.
He withheld aid from other countries as well not just Ukraine, but since Biden's name was not involved with those it doesn't get talked about.

Anyway the impeachment standard has now been lowered, it's taken over 200 years to impeach 3 presidents my bet is 3 will be impeached over the next 25 or less.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kinda of concerning that the GOP senators are basically say
He withheld aid from other countries as well not just Ukraine, but since Biden's name was not involved with those it doesn't get talked about.

Anyway the impeachment standard has now been lowered, it's taken over 200 years to impeach 3 presidents my bet is 3 will be impeached over the next 25 or less.

well yeah because withholding aid to get them to go after Biden is what made it impeachable.....

Do we have a reliable list of money that withheld with dates, country and reasons?

I know he held up aid to Lebanon but was that after this story broke? What money was held before this scandal? If there was this needs to be more openly discussed but I havent seen anything concrete.

Kinda of concerning that the GOP senators are basically say

well yeah because withholding aid to get them to go after Biden is what made it impeachable.....
Point is he was changing up the process by which aid is distributed to other countries, by looking into corruption within those countries, I'm sorry that your boy Joe just happened to get caught up in it because hes really the only one here with a quid pro quo.

Do we have a reliable list of money that withheld with dates, country and reasons?

I know he held up aid to Lebanon but was that after this story broke? What money was held before this scandal? If there was this needs to be more openly discussed but I havent seen anything concrete.
Nope I don't have the exact data and I don't have time to look into it but I do know that information came out during testimony of the impeachment inquiries.

Point is he was changing up the process by which aid is distributed to other countries, by looking into corruption within those countries, I'm sorry that your boy Joe just happened to get caught up in it because hes really the only one here with a quid pro quo.

I dont support Joe or any other Dem....that said there is zero evidence he did anything illegal at all....Biden never did a QPQ, when he made the threat you are referring to he was acting as a agent of the USA and it was the USA making that threat not Biden personally......Trump withheld aid for the sole purpose of forcing a foreign government to go after his political rival. Trump did not and does not even now care one bit about Ukrainian corruption.

The funny thing is is that Trump is probably the most hated politician from the standpoint of the establishment (meaning current and former politicians, government, agencies, etc.) that nobody is passing up an opportunity to go after him -- leak conversations, betray his trust, berate everything he says or does, negatively spin all of his actions, etc.

There is no way that you could convince me that outside of maybe one or two cases, if any other president had this kind of collective apparatus working against him, almost every one of them would be candidates for impeachment. It's just that they weren't so despised by everyone.

Now you can rightly bring a lot of that back to Trump himself. He's criticized virtually everyone at some point or another. He's not one of them and doesn't want to play the game the way it's always been played. I'm not arguing whether or not that's good or bad. I'm also not arguing his moral standard (but I do doubt that in reality he's that much worse than other politicians in that regard....he just doesn't give a crap about what he says and does, while many others are so careful to hide their stuff).

I'd like to see the same level of opposition and scrutiny of all of our other past leaders and see how they fared. My suspicion is that it would have turned out similarly. And you can't really use the Clinton case as an example. Sure, the Republicans were after him, there was not the same magnitude of widespread internal (government) and external opposition to him.

Again, Trump has brought much of this upon himself. But there is also a component of deep corruption within the government that he threatens, and I think that is actually the bigger issue here, IMO.

Pelosi withholding the articles of impeachment from the Senate, as leverage, to negotiate how she and the Dems want the trial conducted..... hah quid pro quo much? Hypocrisy much? This stuff is laughable

Judge Nap from Fox News says it best.....

"In Mr. Trump's case, we have undisputed evidence that he abused his power by inviting a foreign government to interfere in the 2020 presidential election and then compounded this by directing subordinates to refrain from giving congressionally commanded evidence of his behavior,"
If there is undisputed evidence that he did something wrong, why are so many saying he did nothing wrong ? I am so confused.

Pelosi withholding the articles of impeachment from the Senate, as leverage, to negotiate how she and the Dems want the trial conducted..... hah quid pro quo much? Hypocrisy much? This stuff is laughable

It's not laughable, but sad that you don't understand the difference between these situations.

It's not laughable, but sad that you don't understand the difference between these situations.

As a anti trumper I think it stinks. She did her duty and within the confines of the constitution. That constitution now says it's time for the senate to play their part in this. Right or wrong McConnell gets to set the rules and as long as it's done following the constitution then we all have to deal with that.

We all know why McConnell isnt calling witnesses. There isnt anybody for him to call that would help clear trump.

For a while i thought maybe McConnell had spoken to key players that didnt testify in the house and knew they had exonerating testimony. Then he could sit back let the dems rush the impeachment then bring up these witnesses to clear trump. As soon as he said no witnesses I knew right then trump has done every single thing he is accused of doing.

The funny thing is is that Trump is probably the most hated politician from the standpoint of the establishment (meaning current and former politicians, government, agencies, etc.) that nobody is passing up an opportunity to go after him -- leak conversations, betray his trust, berate everything he says or does, negatively spin all of his actions, etc.

There is no way that you could convince me that outside of maybe one or two cases, if any other president had this kind of collective apparatus working against him, almost every one of them would be candidates for impeachment. It's just that they weren't so despised by everyone.

Now you can rightly bring a lot of that back to Trump himself. He's criticized virtually everyone at some point or another. He's not one of them and doesn't want to play the game the way it's always been played. I'm not arguing whether or not that's good or bad. I'm also not arguing his moral standard (but I do doubt that in reality he's that much worse than other politicians in that regard....he just doesn't give a crap about what he says and does, while many others are so careful to hide their stuff).

I'd like to see the same level of opposition and scrutiny of all of our other past leaders and see how they fared. My suspicion is that it would have turned out similarly. And you can't really use the Clinton case as an example. Sure, the Republicans were after him, there was not the same magnitude of widespread internal (government) and external opposition to him.

Again, Trump has brought much of this upon himself. But there is also a component of deep corruption within the government that he threatens, and I think that is actually the bigger issue here, IMO.

Boom there it is...

Calling something fake because you disagree with it isn't a good way to go about getting your information. If you say you don't think you're into conspiracies and such you're starting down the road by denying and not looking at every angle, even if it means putting those you trust in power into question. Question everything. If it's something you like, question it. If it isn't question it. Do real research, not a google search from your favorite source. It's like accepting a clown map of snow as truth. It alters your thinking.
Believe you me, I look at all angles. Exhausting...I will call any news fake if they don't report all the the news to the people. I trust nothing and no one. Never have. If I believe something, one better well know that there is good reason. This is not a game..Crucial for the whole country. No TV news is going to suffice for real research. I never use Google...

So what? Who cares. In the end we found out that russia did in fact interfere and hack the DNC. It resulted in the indictments of 12 Russians. It failed to prove conspiracy between trump and russia but the investigation found out who meddled in the election. The ends justified the means.

Isnt this the new Republican mantra. The ends justify the means so it's ok to lie on a FISA request.

This is the new bed you and all the Republicans supporting what trump has done are making.

You crying foul over the FISA stuff are crocodile tears to me. I dont care to hear it because its hypocritical BS.
So what? Who cares??? I think the people that were illegally spied on and there are many. I think they care and the whole moral of the story is, it's coming into to focus to the public that the whole Russia collusion narrative is a settup to begin with....Truths, proofs will win over propaganda. May be hard for some people to swallow and upsetting, but there will be no denying. In the end it will all be alright.

The rise in support of OANN is quite frankly scary. A straight misinformation news agency who has reported truly fake news stories is gaining viewership from trumps supporters.
Only scary to the left and propaganda machine. It's a pretty good network. I do believe there will be another option coming soon as well.

So when is Pelosi gonna send this to the Senate? I have been waiting patiently for "The Hammer to Fall" yet all I see is hold up after hold up after hold up because she is scared stiff of this going to the Senate. She knows it's gonna die in the Senate because the Democrat party is a sham and their argument is a sham. They will be exposed as the frauds they have been for decades. The hammer will indeed fall but it wont be on Trump's head I can assure you.......Bunch of cowards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back