• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a political person by any means and I have not been following this thing closely, but if Trump did something illegal he should be punished accordingly. It doesnt matter whether the economy is good or bad. There are laws for a reason and if Trump did something wrong he shouldnt get a free pass.

I really dont understand why the 2 sides are so divided. Either he did something wrong or he didnt. How could one side be so confident he did something wrong while the other side is confident he is innocent ?

It's just the politics of our time. Trump and his support is a direct result of Obama and his support, and so on. Neither side gives an inch because the other side will not give an inch. Trump supporters will not give anything because of how spineless and worthless the GOP is and Democrats won't because the party is being pushed by a wave of different thinking that gives no leeway unless you confirm entirely to their way of thinking. The parties themselves are doomed. All the while the money still flows.

Sorry but a President doesn't get a free pass to be a criminal just because some veterans like him or people have jobs and a good economy. If you guys excuse the abuse of power here, you're setting it up so that it's ok for any President going forward doing the same thing. If a Democrat did those very things in the future, they'd be able to point to Trump as getting a free pass to do anything he wanted. Bet you wouldn't like it then. Only extremely foolish people at this point continue to believe anything this President tells them and are willing to overlook transgressions that will have future implications for the country moving forward. Have to question anyone's critical thinking skills that continue down that path.

In fact the Republican witness yesterday, Turley, argued in 1998 that narrowing the scope of impeachment allows for worse behavior by future presidents. Quite contradictory to his appearance yesterday.

Sorry but a President doesn't get a free pass to be a criminal just because some veterans like him or people have jobs and a good economy. If you guys excuse the abuse of power here, you're setting it up so that it's ok for any President going forward doing the same thing. If a Democrat did those very things in the future, they'd be able to point to Trump as getting a free pass to do anything he wanted. Bet you wouldn't like it then. Only extremely foolish people at this point continue to believe anything this President tells them and are willing to overlook transgressions that will have future implications for the country moving forward. Have to question anyone's critical thinking skills that continue down that path.

Wait this sounds very familiar to what a lot of people said about Obama and his EO's yet was quickly brushed aside.

You Libbies all make me laugh....Thanks for the entertainment!!!
Since when does saying that the president should be held accountable for his actions fall under "being a liberal" and also this is nothing more than a troll post directed at people who support the impeachment process if Trump is indeed found to be violating the law, so please keep statements like this out.

When the words "duly elected" come up its because the Democrats are and have been doing everything they can to overturn the results of the "DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT". When this fails they will keep trying. All they are accomplishing is embarrassing themselved
Impeaching an elected official is not the "overturning" of any election. It is a political process outlined in law, in this case the Constitution.

I think that's childish. As far as impeachment moving to the Senate. That's just going to expose all the corruption. But yea its hear say .....time will tell my weather flakes

I think that's childish. As far as impeachment moving to the Senate. That's just going to expose all the corruption. But yea its hear say .....time will tell my weather flakes
They removed basically what joe Biden had said.. was it that offensive? Remember he was your vp show some respect. Maybe he'll even be your president.

In other news the economy added 266k jobs in November vs expectation of 188k so the economy is still surging ahead. Unemployment is at 3.5%, a 50 year low.

How much of that was seasonal for holiday shopping? The economy is his strongest asset he has to hope it stays stout.

How much of that was seasonal for holiday shopping? The economy is his strongest asset he has to hope it stays stout.

Yep, "It's the economy, stupid." It applied in 1992 and it still applies. Trump's biggest ally. This impeachment would likely not matter.

Yep, "It's the economy, stupid." It applied in 1992 and it still applies. Trump's biggest ally. This impeachment would likely not matter.

imagine how much stronger it could have been without the trade wars and their effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back