• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would support a constitutional amendment removing the ability to impeach a president?

If you are going to impeach a President over this nonsense then you might as well just start impeachment proceedings Day 1 of every admistration for the rest of our nations history. I really wish you folks would stop acting like this phone call is a grave concern to you. The only reason you even begin to care about this is because you hate the winner of the 2016 election. If you want to actually see abuse of power, focus your concerns on the efforts that have been put forth to bring him down from DAY FRIGGIN 1. I mean the Democrats have all but stopped even trying to hide it.

If you are going to impeach a President over this nonsense then you might as well just start impeachment proceedings Day 1 of every admistration for the rest of our nations history. I really wish you folks would stop acting like this phone call is a grave concern to you. The only reason you even begin to care about this is because you hate the winner of the 2016 election. If you want to actually see abuse of power, focus your concerns on the efforts that have been put forth to bring him down from DAY FRIGGIN 1. I mean the Democrats have all but stopped even trying to hide it.

This is far bigger than a phone call.

Impeachment is exactly what the founders installed in the constitution to implicitly overturn an election.

Impeachment is exactly what the founders installed in the constitution to implicitly overturn an election.

Of course. I mean I get up every day gravely concerned about the President phoning the Ukrainian President about sleazy Joe Biden.

You did get one thing right. There is definitely an election attempting to be overturned. Has been since the day the man has been sworn in. Im sure that keeps you up at night as well......

Of course. I mean I get up every day gravely concerned about the President phoning the Ukrainian President about sleazy Joe Biden.

You did get one thing right. There is definitely an election attempting to be overturned. Has been since the day the man has been sworn in. Im sure that keeps you up at night as well......

Doesnt keep me up as much as watching a once principled party turn against every principle they held.

How much of that was seasonal for holiday shopping? The economy is his strongest asset he has to hope it stays stout.

Well it wasn’t intended to be pro or anti trump, just thought folks in this thread could use a breath of fresh air in knowing that the economy right now is doing well from a labor market perspective. You can read the breakdown of the report online and get into the details to find out what portion is due to seasonal shopping and such.

Remember folks, Hamilton said that impeachment should not be used as one party's way of overthrowing an election. It should be a bi-partisan agreement. If Trump is guilty, as some of you strongly insist, why don't some of the Republicans believe it? This is entirely along party lines. You guys can't deny that. Just put aside your bias for just a moment and consider..... What if the Republicans are right about all this? I am not so sure there even is a whistle-blower. It is entirely possible that he/she doesn't even exist. Wouldn't that be a shocker. Color me skeptical.

Don't pretend to know my feelings.
Also, while it would be stupid, it would be legal and not "overturning elections" to start impeachment hearings day one for every president. You need to put this "overturning elections" argument to bed because it's just plain false. Fake, you might say.

Remember folks, Hamilton said that impeachment should not be used as one party's way of overthrowing an election. It should be a bi-partisan agreement. If Trump is guilty, as some of you strongly insist, why don't some of the Republicans believe it? This is entirely along party lines. You guys can't deny that. Just put aside your bias for just a moment and consider..... What if the Republicans are right about all this? I am not so sure there even is a whistle-blower. It is entirely possible that he/she doesn't even exist. Wouldn't that be a shocker. Color me skeptical.

I believe we have passed a point of partisanship that allows anything in Washington to be bipartisan anymore.

Trumps supporters are just as in the bank for him as Obama's were. Solyndra, irs, fast and furious......none of that mattered or ever would to them. Same goes now for trumps backers.

Trump literally could shoot someone and his supporters wouldnt care. I'm not surprised at all that the GOP in Congress havent joined with the Democrats. Afterall trump says they are traitors and should be tried for treason.

As far as the WB goes, how can such a large scale thing that includes the DOJ and the IG be a con? Lots of people would have to be openly lying that and I just dont believe it.

This only works if Congress is bipartisan which it isn't, I know the GOP senators KNOW Trump is guilty they however are putting party first, and for the record I firmly believe the Dems would do the same thing, this however does not change the fact that Trump is guilty of violating the Constitution etc and deserves to be impeached and frankly removed and in a perfect bipartisan world he would be.

I think after the trial 3-6 GOP senators will vote to convict but it wont be enough to get the 2/3rds needed....I am a conservative, and I think Trump deserves to be impeached, I am not alone....up to 20% of Trumps own party supports his removal.

As for the other part about there being no WB, your smarter than that, to even suggest it is cringy tin foil hat stuff .....there is a WB, hell the GOP and Trump know who he is at this point...

This only works if Congress is bipartisan which it isn't, I know the GOP senators KNOW Trump is guilty they however are putting party first, and for the record I firmly believe the Dems would do the same thing, this however does not change the fact that Trump is guilty of violating the Constitution etc and deserves to be impeached and frankly removed and in a perfect bipartisan world he would be.

I think after the trial 3-6 GOP senators will vote to convict but it wont be enough to get the 2/3rds needed....I am a conservative, and I think Trump deserves to be impeached, I am not alone....up to 20% of Trumps own party supports his removal.

As for the other part about there being no WB, your smarter than that, to even suggest it is cringy tin foil hat stuff .....there is a WB, hell the GOP and Trump know who he is at this point...
First of all, I don't believe he has violated the Constitution in any way. What is he guilty of? It's been pointed out time and time again, there is no proof of a high crime or misdemeanor. It's was only implied and inferred by the left. You can't deny, if this were a criminal trial, the defendant would walk every time.
We have a different view of how we think the Senate will vote. You have to remember.... There were even a couple of Democrats in the House that already voted against their party's decision to proceed with the impeachment. What do you think their reasoning was? They certainly are not Trump supporters. Don't tell me it is because they were afraid. No, they knew it would be a lost cause and they knew it would divide our nation. This is correct on both counts. As for the WB part...... I was being a little facetious, but nothing would surprise me.
Just to be clear, I firmly believe in our justice system. The truth will come to light. I also believe that there are some scary skeletons hiding in the closets of our elected officials on both sides. This will be "must see TV"

First of all, I don't believe he has violated the Constitution in any way. What is he guilty of? It's been pointed out time and time again, there is no proof of a high crime or misdemeanor. It's was only implied and inferred by the left. You can't deny, if this were a criminal trial, the defendant would walk every time.
We have a different view of how we think the Senate will vote. You have to remember.... There were even a couple of Democrats in the House that already voted against their party's decision to proceed with the impeachment. What do you think their reasoning was? They certainly are not Trump supporters. Don't tell me it is because they were afraid. No, they knew it would be a lost cause and they knew it would divide our nation. This is correct on both counts. As for the WB part...... I was being a little facetious, but nothing would surprise me.
Just to be clear, I firmly believe in our justice system. The truth will come to light. I also believe that there are some scary skeletons hiding in the closets of our elected officials on both sides. This will be "must see TV"

We have a lot of trumps inner circle that have been forbidden to testify.....that in and of itself is impeachable obstruction. You have to remember 2 of the articles against Clinton were obstruction and witness tampering..... both of which could apply to trump. If you read the article I posted about kavanaugh it was Starr and Kavanaughs opinion that Clinton simply refusing to voluntarily testify were grounds for impeachment.

Yeah Kavanaugh will have to do some major twisting and squirming to explain why these things he argued for no longer are valid lol....
You claim to be a Conservative yet you are lol-ing at the thought of Kavanaugh twisting and squirming to explain his views. How do you feel about all the judges Trump has appointed and the Senate has confirmed... I mean as a Conservative?

You claim to be a Conservative yet you are lol-ing at the thought of Kavanaugh twisting and squirming to explain his views. How do you feel about all the judges Trump has appointed and the Senate has confirmed... I mean as a Conservative?

Intellectual honesty should matter shouldnt it? As a conservative I disliked many of Obama's policies and shady ethics. I will hold the same view for trump. What kavanaugh claimed in 1998 is exactly what we are seeing here shouldnt his views remain the same from then till now?

Intellectual honesty should matter shouldnt it? As a conservative I disliked many of Obama's policies and shady ethics. I will hold the same view for trump. What kavanaugh claimed in 1998 is exactly what we are seeing here shouldnt his views remain the same from then till now?

Not defending Trump or Kavanaugh, but politics are at a much different state than they were in the 90's. The word bipartisanship still existed then.

First and foremost I don't give people passes because they have a R beside their name.....so I can most certainly be a conservative and call out fellow conservatives, especially when they directly contradict themselves out of some misguided party loyalty......the notion that that somehow makes me less of a conservative or not a "real" conservative as you are backhandedly implying is laughable.

I prefer my judges to be neutral.....their job is not to apply their political ideology to the Constitution the founders did that and they did it well. I want strict Constitutionalist judges especially on the SCOTUS, so Gorsuch is a grand slam. Kavanaugh wouldn't have been my next choice, he wears his ideology to far out on his sleeve for my taste.

Maybe if this reaches the SCOTUS Kavanaugh will prove my inclinations about him wrong and he will hold Trump and his action to the same standard he held Clinton....

Last edited:
First and foremost I don't give people passes because they have a R beside their name.....so I can most certainly be a conservative and call out fellow conservatives, especially when they directly contradict themselves out of some misguided party loyalty......the notion that that somehow makes me less of a conservative or not a "real" conservative as you are backhandedly implying is laughable.

I prefer my judges to be neutral.....their job is not to apply their political ideology to the Constitution the founders did that and they did it well. I want strict Constitutionalist judges especially on the SCOTUS, so Gorsuch is a grand slam. Kavanaugh wouldn't have been my next choice, he wears his ideology to far out on his sleeve for my taste.

Maybe if this reaches the SCOTUS Kavanaugh will prove my inclinations about him wrong and he will hold Trump and his action to the same standard he held Clinton....
Glad I could give you a back-handed chuckle. I was mainly wondering if your Trump hatred was 100% or if there was a little wiggle room there. I guess there's more than one kind of Conservative.

Glad I could give you a back-handed chuckle. I was mainly wondering if your Trump hatred was 100% or if there was a little wiggle room there. I guess there's more than one kind of Conservative.

Usually on those political spectrum tests I fall out as a right leaning libertarian but have always mostly voted R. I cannot vote for trump and cringe at having to vote for a Republican that supports him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back