• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I could give you a back-handed chuckle. I was mainly wondering if your Trump hatred was 100% or if there was a little wiggle room there. I guess there's more than one kind of Conservative.

The problem the GOP seemingly has since Trump got elected is either your 100% on the Trump train or your a "liberal"......I am 47 yrs old and until 2016 I voted for the GOP presidential nominee in every election since I turned 18.....in 2016 I voted for Johnson as I could never ever support Hillary. When so called "real" conservative label me a liberal or imply that I am not a "true/real" conservative because I loath Trump it kind of pisses me off but mostly it just makes me sad.

Like I have said before "I did not leave the GOP the GOP left me".....

First and foremost I don't give people passes because they have a R beside their name.....so I can most certainly be a conservative and call out fellow conservatives, especially when they directly contradict themselves out of some misguided party loyalty......the notion that that somehow makes me less of a conservative or not a "real" conservative as you are backhandedly implying is laughable.

I prefer my judges to be neutral.....their job is not to apply their political ideology to the Constitution the founders did that and they did it well. I want strict Constitutionalist judges especially on the SCOTUS, so Gorsuch is a grand slam. Kavanaugh wouldn't have been my next choice, he wears his ideology to far out on his sleeve for my taste.

Maybe if this reaches the SCOTUS Kavanaugh will prove my inclinations about him wrong and he will hold Trump and his action to the same standard he held Clinton....
Trump supporters only ask that people who dislike him will be neutral as well and hold the same standard. It's important we hold ourselves to the same standard for the good of the people and until there is a fair process, all the facts and witnesses are able to be put forth, there is no way this standard is met. It's the only real thing we can depend on even in court for disputed traffic tickets. Feelings and dislike of ones behavior is certainly not what Supreme Court Judges go by so neither should we. It's not like only 20 people voted for Trump. It's was the majority so people should be very careful here I think.

The problem the GOP seemingly has since Trump got elected is either your 100% on the Trump train or your a "liberal"......I am 47 yrs old and until 2016 I voted for the GOP presidential nominee in every election since I turned 18.....in 2016 I voted for Johnson as I could never ever support Hillary. When so called "real" conservative label me a liberal or imply that I am not a "true/real" conservative because I loath Trump it kind of pisses me off but mostly it just makes me sad.

Like I have said before "I did not leave the GOP the GOP left me".....

The party left you. How? Because the party is supporting a person you hate? If I recall correctly, there was a very large conglomerate of Republicans, conservatives, etc. who felt just like you. No Trump, No way. Many of those same people probably still dont care for him personally but they support him because he is getting things done. Im sure you disagree on that too so im not gonna argue about it but sometimes you have to give credit where its due despite your convictions. If hes just not getting it done for you, fine I can respect that, but you need to come to grips with the fact that you are in the minority on this.

My thoughts: I often wonder how people's lives are affected every day that hate our President. I see this talking broke record machine shouting through the airwaves through media, education systems and tv shows telling us all how to feel pushing fear of the future. Pushing divisiveness. Do the Trump haters or I should also say people that fear, feel debilitated or go on with their normal days? Do they work, go to school, go shopping, take their kids to school, go to church and all the normal things that people do? I would imagine by my observations of the public that they do and they do it all under the leadership of this President at this time. I look to see if I actually see divisiveness in the public. I don't see it. I see it on msm and in the political world but I don't see it with real people. What I do see is the opposite. When I go the post office I see people of all shapes, sizes, genders, and colors stopping and waiting for me to come so they can hold the door open. There are two doors, so they do it twice, most of the time four. They say how are you or do you need some help (lots of boxes). They don't ask if I'm for or against Trump first. A republican or dem first. I go to the convenient store where there is interstate traffic. We are always having a stand off to whom is going to hold the door for whom and who's going to walk through. Things like this are important to me. It touches my soul. The other day at the same store I got to the door at the same time as an older black lady that looked very tired. She looked like she just got off work. She was hell bent that she was going to hold the door and let me in instead of the other way around. I thought she deserved to go through first because she looked so tired, older than me and the door is heavy. She wasn't going to have it though. She had a bad old car. I pull up in a nice new truck right next to her. Her clothes looked sort of bad and I have on 250 dollar UGGS and a Coach pocket book. Obviously different race. I say these things because I'm trying to see the reasons in that situation that would cause division. It all happened too fast to calculate anything else but obvious things that could possibly cause one person to have bad feelings towards another and behave like we are told people are behaving now. There was nothing but normal general respect for one another. At the dollar store there is a mexican lady working the register. Heavy accent. I was waiting for someone to have a problem with that (illegal worries) but to my surprise nobody did. Why? Because if there was anybody that put out an aura of what Christian like love for people should look like...it's her. She's a special person in her place for a reason. She speaks to everybody the same. I watch. I love to observe these types of things. These are just fresh examples and it happens everyday. I watch all people in all situations. I watch people on TV, the people in the background. I watch body language. You can see clearly if you pay attention to how things really are and if people are untrustworthy or honest beings etc. Every single one of us on just this forum alone, if met at the same time at the store door would have general compassion and respect towards one another or so I would hope. It's where the rubber meets the road. It's real, not media and politics. Fairness, facts and hard evidence is super important because it's what we all have to have and want to defend ourselves if ever need be. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Poke a sleeping bear and be unfair, vengeance is sure to follow along with despair.

My thoughts: I often wonder how people's lives are affected every day that hate our President. I see this talking broke record machine shouting through the airwaves through media, education systems and tv shows telling us all how to feel pushing fear of the future. Pushing divisiveness. Do the Trump haters or I should also say people that fear, feel debilitated or go on with their normal days? Do they work, go to school, go shopping, take their kids to school, go to church and all the normal things that people do? I would imagine by my observations of the public that they do and they do it all under the leadership of this President at this time. I look to see if I actually see divisiveness in the public. I don't see it. I see it on msm and in the political world but I don't see it with real people. What I do see is the opposite. When I go the post office I see people of all shapes, sizes, genders, and colors stopping and waiting for me to come so they can hold the door open. There are two doors, so they do it twice, most of the time four. They say how are you or do you need some help (lots of boxes). They don't ask if I'm for or against Trump first. A republican or dem first. I go to the convenient store where there is interstate traffic. We are always having a stand off to whom is going to hold the door for whom and who's going to walk through. Things like this are important to me. It touches my soul. The other day at the same store I got to the door at the same time as an older black lady that looked very tired. She looked like she just got off work. She was hell bent that she was going to hold the door and let me in instead of the other way around. I thought she deserved to go through first because she looked so tired, older than me and the door is heavy. She wasn't going to have it though. She had a bad old car. I pull up in a nice new truck right next to her. Her clothes looked sort of bad and I have on 250 dollar UGGS and a Coach pocket book. Obviously different race. I say these things because I'm trying to see the reasons in that situation that would cause division. It all happened too fast to calculate anything else but obvious things that could possibly cause one person to have bad feelings towards another and behave like we are told people are behaving now. There was nothing but normal general respect for one another. At the dollar store there is a mexican lady working the register. Heavy accent. I was waiting for someone to have a problem with that (illegal worries) but to my surprise nobody did. Why? Because if there was anybody that put out an aura of what Christian like love for people should look like...it's her. She's a special person in her place for a reason. She speaks to everybody the same. I watch. I love to observe these types of things. These are just fresh examples and it happens everyday. I watch all people in all situations. I watch people on TV, the people in the background. I watch body language. You can see clearly if you pay attention to how things really are and if people are untrustworthy or honest beings etc. Every single one of us on just this forum alone, if met at the same time at the store door would have general compassion and respect towards one another or so I would hope. It's where the rubber meets the road. It's real, not media and politics. Fairness, facts and hard evidence is super important because it's what we all have to have and want to defend ourselves if ever need be. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Poke a sleeping bear and be unfair, vengeance is sure to follow along with despair.
I only read up to divisiveness so that's all I'm commenting on. Saying the left alone is causing divisiveness is very one sided and not very unifying. Both sides create divisiveness and by clinging to one side no matter what just hurts the nation. I will say that if someone calls out the president they don't necessarily hate them. They may be biased or they may just be doing their job or they want our nation to be great. To just sit there and say "those liberals/ conservatives are up to no good with their (insert issue reaction here)" is divisiveness. See what drives them to support what they do. If there is no driver or there is a puppet driving then they don't care what they are pushing for. Apply this to every politician unbiasedly and you might begin to realize how bad each party really is.

I only read up to divisiveness so that's all I'm commenting on. Saying the left alone is causing divisiveness is very one sided and not very unifying. Both sides create divisiveness and by clinging to one side no matter what just hurts the nation. I will say that if someone calls out the president they don't necessarily hate them. They may be biased or they may just be doing their job or they want our nation to be great. To just sit there and say "those liberals/ conservatives are up to no good with their (insert issue reaction here)" is divisiveness. See what drives them to support what they do. If there is no driver or there is a puppet driving then they don't care what they are pushing for. Apply this to every politician unbiasedly and you might begin to realize how bad each party really is.
Well with the risk that you may not read my whole post...Both parties suck. DC sucks. I've said it over and over. That's why we have hopes in Trump but he didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning mostly from the dems and deep state and also repubs and deep state. Now it's a runaway train. Where does it stop? When does the left media etc say one positive thing about what he's accomplished not just constant negativity. If the media didn't hate him, there's no way they could find nothing good to say ever. The difference in left and right news with regard to Trump and Obama-The left seem to be waiting and hoping for something bad and the right was waiting and hoping for something good. Even though many on the right didn't care for Obama at all. If that stopped and became more fair, things would calm down. At this point in time I do think the left won't give an inch and tell the American people the unbiased news. A whole lot of people are screaming that we are happy and things are good and to leave the President, that we got up off of our asses to vote for alone. All we hear the left saying is "we should hate him and our vote doesn't matter." on and on and on. Like they know better and that's that. You can't poke the bear and expect no reaction. The left poked and has not stopped. Then expect Trump and supporters not to take up for themselves. Those days are over though because there is no way to dispute the lefts video footage and record of talking about impeaching our President from day one. There is no where to go from there especially if they don't stop it. It's a vicious cycle at this point...Pretty sure the facts, evidence and truths will stop the cycle eventually soon though.

The party left you. How? Because the party is supporting a person you hate? If I recall correctly, there was a very large conglomerate of Republicans, conservatives, etc. who felt just like you. No Trump, No way. Many of those same people probably still dont care for him personally but they support him because he is getting things done. Im sure you disagree on that too so im not gonna argue about it but sometimes you have to give credit where its due despite your convictions. If hes just not getting it done for you, fine I can respect that, but you need to come to grips with the fact that you are in the minority on this.

Trump's approval rating averages in the low 40's......its in the low 80's among republicans......he is the least popular president on average through 3 years of his first term both inside and outside of his party.

Trump is not getting the things that matter done, there is no healthcare reform, no education reform, no immigration reform, no infrastructure reform, etc etc.....I am not impressed.

Trump's approval rating averages in the low 40's......its in the low 80's among republicans......he is the least popular president on average through 3 years of his first term both inside and outside of his party.

Trump is not getting the things that matter done, there is no healthcare reform, no education reform, no immigration reform, no infrastructure reform, etc etc.....I am not impressed.

Polls dont mean much to me. The other stuff you mentioned takes a lot of people coming together to reform it. Most of us vote on economy......and that is rolling!

Well with the risk that you may not read my whole post...Both parties suck. DC sucks. I've said it over and over. That's why we have hopes in Trump but he didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning mostly from the dems and deep state and also repubs and deep state. Now it's a runaway train. Where does it stop? When does the left media etc say one positive thing about what he's accomplished not just constant negativity. If the media didn't hate him, there's no way they could find nothing good to say ever. The difference in left and right news with regard to Trump and Obama-The left seem to be waiting and hoping for something bad and the right was waiting and hoping for something good. Even though many on the right didn't care for Obama at all. If that stopped and became more fair, things would calm down. At this point in time I do think the left won't give an inch and tell the American people the unbiased news. A whole lot of people are screaming that we are happy and things are good and to leave the President, that we got up off of our asses to vote for alone. All we hear the left saying is "we should hate him and our vote doesn't matter." on and on and on. Like they know better and that's that. You can't poke the bear and expect no reaction. The left poked and has not stopped. Then expect Trump and supporters not to take up for themselves. Those days are over though because there is no way to dispute the lefts video footage and record of talking about impeaching our President from day one. There is no where to go from there especially if they don't stop it. It's a vicious cycle at this point...Pretty sure the facts, evidence and truths will stop the cycle eventually soon though.

The only runaway train is Trump.....he is literally a menace. He does and says stuff all the time that he should not be doing, the man is president of the greatest nation on earth do you think it would kill him to not misspell words when he rage tweets like a pissed off teenager.

It boggles my mind that the President of the USA mean tweets people, he actually personally attacks Americans in twitter.....the President of the USA attacks people with misspelled ranting tweets.....its beyond embarrassing. There are tons of people who have left the WH that say he is a bumbling idiot, that he constantly changes his mind on what to do, that he does not listen to advisers about anything cause he thinks he is the smartest man on earth ( lol ) and that they literally have to hide stuff from him to prevent him from making dangerous US foreign/domestic policy changes in poorly spelled tweets at 4am while he is on the shitter. Trump is a joke, anyone who watches him fumble through a press conference or go on rants over stuff should see this, how anyone see him as presidential and a good leader is beyond me.

Polls dont mean much to me. The other stuff you mentioned takes a lot of people coming together to reform it. Most of us vote on economy......and that is rolling!

Not really.....the economy is showing all the signs of a retraction.....its coming Trump better hope it holds off another year, at best its 1-3 yrs away most likely, if Trump wins a second term and the economy goes into a recession are you going to blame it on Trump?

Not really.....the economy is showing all the signs of a retraction.....its coming Trump better hope it holds off another year, at best its 1-3 yrs away most likely, if Trump wins a second term and the economy goes into a recession are you going to blame it on Trump?

The economy is going to retreat at some point, always has and always will. It may happen next year, it may happen 3-4 years from now. I am intelligent enought to know that many factors the POTUS has no control over can set us back. So to answer your question, NO I wont be blaming Trump, but Im sure you will be here leading the charge

The only runaway train is Trump.....he is literally a menace. He does and says stuff all the time that he should not be doing, the man is president of the greatest nation on earth do you think it would kill him to not misspell words when he rage tweets like a pissed off teenager.

It boggles my mind that the President of the USA mean tweets people, he actually personally attacks Americans in twitter.....the President of the USA attacks people with misspelled ranting tweets.....its beyond embarrassing. There are tons of people who have left the WH that say he is a bumbling idiot, that he constantly changes his mind on what to do, that he does not listen to advisers about anything cause he thinks he is the smartest man on earth ( lol ) and that they literally have to hide stuff from him to prevent him from making dangerous US foreign/domestic policy changes in poorly spelled tweets at 4am while he is on the shitter. Trump is a joke, anyone who watches him fumble through a press conference or go on rants over stuff should see this, how anyone see him as presidential and a good leader is beyond me.
Calling him names is divisive eh? How bout this, just ignore his ways that you don't like. We like it. You don't. Who's right? Doesn't really matter. You know we like him and your not going to make us not. We know the times and behaviors are peculiar. We also know there are reasons and a much bigger picture and maybe something peculiar is what we need. You or the left are not going to convince people who are happy economically that their lives are awful. People have been fearful of past Presidents. Weary even if they were doing good that the the future was unpredictable. What the people did that hated or feared Obama's agenda for instance is just live, pray about it, and go on our merry way and Vote. Talk about one to be concerned about....Obama. Was dangerous and still is...Even though, he never got treated the way Trump is being treated. People are going to find that he probably should have....

Everyone who voted for Trump hoped he would break the corruption, but at the moment it looks like it got to him too. Outsiders might even be more vulnerable, and since Trump is a businessman I wouldn't be surprised if he would be prone to shady workings as all large business owners are. It's their choice to engage in corrupt actions or not. In terms of the divide, we are in a mexican standoff of sorts. The only real way to "drain the swamp" is for more of these sorts of hearings but with multiple officials. Hold them accountable for their corruption and eventually people who get the power will realize corruption would ruin them and the risk becomes too great.

It will stay that way as long as we can keep liberal policies away from it. Sign the USMC and keep a strangle on China and it can get even better than it is now. Only the Dems have the ability to ruin this economy. Everyone knows this.

Everyone who voted for Trump hoped he would break the corruption, but at the moment it looks like it got to him too. Outsiders might even be more vulnerable, and since Trump is a businessman I wouldn't be surprised if he would be prone to shady workings as all large business owners are. It's their choice to engage in corrupt actions or not. In terms of the divide, we are in a mexican standoff of sorts. The only real way to "drain the swamp" is for more of these sorts of hearings but with multiple officials. Hold them accountable for their corruption and eventually people who get the power will realize corruption would ruin them and the risk becomes too great.
I think there will be more hearings, more officials and more evidence. I personally think that it will be in the favor of exposing corruption of others and not Trump but we will see. He is not perfect but I have to have a reason to think he's putting himself and family in this lions den before I can rationally think he's bad. I don't know what his end game would be. It's such a mess though. I just can't help but wonder why it's such a mess. If things had stayed the same and Trump had not come in, then we would not be having this discussion or any discussions. DC and politics as usual with no one paying attention or caring really. I think the friction that Trump causes is done on purpose to stir the nest and end product...expose the corrupt players. I honestly don't think he would be so bullish if not taunted first. We certainly have to agree that things are unusually crazy in general. Never seen anything like it..The ugliest of stuff to be exposed is what people should be concerned about. Pedophilia, trafficking, treason...just so much bigger stuff than Trumps personality. But we will see. It is good that we are all able to discuss.

Downeastnc, post: 216166, member: 1553"]Trump's approval rating averages in the low 40's......its in the low 80's among republicans......he is the least popular president on average through 3 years of his first term both inside and outside of his party.

Trump is not getting the things that matter done, there is no healthcare reform, no education reform, no immigration reform, no infrastructure reform, etc etc.....I am not impressed.[/QUOTE]
Wait a minute..... These things are being held up by the the Speaker of the House with her impeachment BS, not by Trump. You can't pin those on him!
This man has strengthened our economy, and you know it. Why have you allowed the media pull the wool over your eyes so easily? I consider you a educated man. I suggest you go online and watch some of the news feeds from other countries concerning what is happening here in the US. Those are unbiased news anchors who have no vested interest in which party wins. They are only reporting the facts as they become available. They all agree that the Democrats are way off in this witch-hunt. Even political strategists in countries such as England and Australia predict that Trump will easily win the 2020 election.

I think there will be more hearings, more officials and more evidence. I personally think that it will be in the favor of exposing corruption of others and not Trump but we will see. He is not perfect but I have to have a reason to think he's putting himself and family in this lions den before I can rationally think he's bad. I don't know what his end game would be. It's such a mess though. I just can't help but wonder why it's such a mess. If things had stayed the same and Trump had not come in, then we would not be having this discussion or any discussions. DC and politics as usual with no one paying attention or caring really. I think the friction that Trump causes is done on purpose to stir the nest and end product...expose the corrupt players. I honestly don't think he would be so bullish if not taunted first. We certainly have to agree that things are unusually crazy in general. Never seen anything like it..The ugliest of stuff to be exposed is what people should be concerned about. Pedophilia, trafficking, treason...just so much bigger stuff than Trumps personality. But we will see. It is good that we are all able to discuss.
I used to follow the Republican Party blindly I'm so thankful that I do not anymore.

It will stay that way as long as we can keep liberal policies away from it. Sign the USMC and keep a strangle on China and it can get even better than it is now. Only the Dems have the ability to ruin this economy. Everyone knows this.

And many of them are actually rooting for a recession. This is how pathetic they have become

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back