• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you the one that told me I should not even vote?
I said you should reconsider and if you think a majority of registered voters, let alone Americans voted for him you are sorely mistaken and should take the time to educate yourself before voting. If you choose to stay in the dark about basic facts, how can you expect to vote in a manner that is good for the nation?

I said you should reconsider and if you think a majority of registered voters, let alone Americans voted for him you are sorely mistaken and should take the time to educate yourself before voting. If you choose to stay in the dark about basic facts, how can you expect to vote in a manner that is good for the nation?
You sound a little like Nancy....

It doesn't really matter that a majority of registered voters cast a ballot for Trump. He won the most electoral votes and that's how our republic is designed to work (and I believe the electoral college balances representation quite well). You don't want a true democracy. As it's been said, "democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch".

It doesn't really matter that a majority of registered voters cast a ballot for Trump. He won the most electoral votes and that's how our republic is designed to work (and I believe the electoral college balances representation quite well). You don't want a true democracy. As it's been said, "democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch".
I never said I wanted that, did I? I was just correcting a false statement that the author just won't admit was false.

I never said I wanted that, did I? I was just correcting a false statement that the author just won't admit was false.
You know what I meant. He won by a whole lot of people. He did. American citizens. Just stop it. You have no business saying anything about someones voting manner.

You know what I meant. He won by a whole lot of people. He did. American citizens. Just stop it. You have no business saying anything about someones voting manner.
But he didn't win by a lot of people. He won by electoral votes. I don't even know why I am arguing with you, it appears that you are being willfully ignorant or disengenous about this.

Trump is riding Obama's economy train. Things have stagnated im a industrial contractor at six plants nothing is booming. I never thought I'd live in a country were people think it's ok to vote for someone like him. That's scary goes to show how fox cnn ECT has brainwashed the country.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/281936-obama-to-trump-what-magic-wand-do-you-have
This article shows obama asking how Trump is going to accomplish bringing manufacturing jobs back. "Does he have a magic wand"? Obama didn't have an "economy train". Thanks for the good laugh !

But he didn't win by a lot of people. He won by electoral votes. I don't even know why I am arguing with you, it appears that you are being willfully ignorant or disengenous about this.
He also won swing states by VERY low margins as well. Too much Hillary hate caused left-leaning demos to either not vote in the General or do a farking write in, or vote for hideous Jill Stein. Sad really.

I don't know why your arguing with me either. Now I'm going to say it like this..A whole lot of people voted for him. A whole lot of people will vote for him next time. He won. He's the President no matter how you break it down or dislike him.

Great article....Trump has exposed them, and they can't stand it!!! Their gravy train might be coming to an end....I'm talking about DEMS & REP...THIS is why he was elected...A majority of the people had their eyes opened during Barry O's 8 yrs of hell he put us through...They decided a BIG change was needed, and they spoke with their votes...These career politicians HATE the outcome of the 2016 election, but you know what....TOO BAD!! Trump is the President....End of story!!! The DEMS are shooting themselves in the foot with this Impeachment garbage...All my OPINION of course!!

Edit: These politicians are elected by the people to serve the people....Not themselves...Somehow, we have gotten away from that in a bad way

Last edited:
I don't know why your arguing with me either. Now I'm going to say it like this..A whole lot of people voted for him. A whole lot of people will vote for him next time. He won. He's the President no matter how you break it down or dislike him.
What I don't get is why you keep on going saying that holding someone accountable for their actions means you hate them. That's not what it means at all. It means that from what him and many others see, Trump may have violated the law and was caught doing so. It would go for any other president. Have you ever heard of Grantism? I was taught this in us history in 11th grade and it basically states that corruption in an administration, tied to the president or not, occurs about every 50 or so years. Watergate was about that long ago only short a few years. At the time my teacher made the prediction that whoever the president would be in this term would possibly face a corrupt administration and sure enough we are having it. Either angle, from trump ousting a lot of his cabinet he picked himself to trump himself and the Ukraine situation, there has to have been corruption from someone that was caught.

Yes Trump was duly elected, but Trump nor anyone is above the law. There also is a lot of bad info out there from websites that create and fester poor ideals and conspiracies to brainwash people into being a political zombie. This is the stuff I really worry about.

Who's life is really aweful since Trump was elected? If its aweful now I cant imagine how tragic it was during the Obama years

NC tobacco farmers have been hit hard and arent eligible for any if the bailout money. The fact trumps having to bail out anyone kind of proves the point that people are suffering to some extent.

NC exports went from 162M down to a measly 4M. Horrible drop.

https://businessnc.com/tariffs-hit-tobacco-growers-hard/

Unfortunately, you're debating with a brick wall most of the time.
There are times I feel like both sides are brick walls. On your side, you believe what you do because of whatever reasons you came to, and on the other side they are the same, but both views will almost never line up. It's up to both people to open their minds and look at every angle to determine what is true or not.

Brick wall? People standing up against corruption isnt a brick wall. It's a group of people who refuse to ignore the lines of right and wrong.

When you have people talking about impeaching Trump the day (or possibly before) the election was over, do you not agree there might be some corruption on the horizon that Trump might be about to expose???? After all, he said he was going to.....A bunch of Nervous Nellies awoke from their slumber....Could that have anything to do with this big impeachment push??? NAH, probably not.....Just look at good ole Maxine Waters....Now there's a career politician!!!

Last edited:
What I don't get is why you keep on going saying that holding someone accountable for their actions means you hate them. That's not what it means at all. It means that from what him and many others see, Trump may have violated the law and was caught doing so. It would go for any other president. Have you ever heard of Grantism? I was taught this in us history in 11th grade and it basically states that corruption in an administration, tied to the president or not, occurs about every 50 or so years. Watergate was about that long ago only short a few years. At the time my teacher made the prediction that whoever the president would be in this term would possibly face a corrupt administration and sure enough we are having it. Either angle, from trump ousting a lot of his cabinet he picked himself to trump himself and the Ukraine situation, there has to have been corruption from someone that was caught.

Yes Trump was duly elected, but Trump nor anyone is above the law. There also is a lot of bad info out there from websites that create and fester poor ideals and conspiracies to brainwash people into being a political zombie. This is the stuff I really worry about.
I have never said that someone should not be held accountable for their actions. We all want truth and a clean less corrupted system. There has to be proof and agreement on both sides and we don't have either. People are tired of chasing the crimes for 3 years. Until there is proof there is no way this president or any other president should be removed. There is no way we can even get to the truth without fair trials and court. Witnesses, testimony, the way our system works fairly I mean. I believe it's coming and people will be held accountable but I just don't believe it's Trump. My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back