• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I blocked a friend of mine yesterday because they kept sending me weird conspiracy crap about how planes redirected Helene's path. Really??? Why would they redirect it off the NHC forecast when the NHC gets graded for their forecasts

Like come on... Let's focus on the grocery prices or the inflation or the border not this crap
I agree that there are some ridiculous claims out there. But there are some very smart, scientific minded people out there that do have legit insight on this topic. They shouldn't be ignored because of MTG which I guess is the point I am trying to make. I could talk all day about technology the military has because that's the world I come from. I don't have a science background so I can't speak to most of this but I do know government and government intentions. If you are ever interested, google Eric Hecker who used to work for Raytheon. He has some interesting things to say

Fiction can be interesting in the worldbuilding itself. Someone out there wove a massive story that can be rational under a few assumptions that can easily convince someone. Does it make it real? No. It makes it an interesting topic but it stays more in the hypothetical but not realistic category.
When you refuse to even consider it you limit yourself and your ability to learn new things. Good thing men like Tesla didn't think like you or where would we be as a society today?

When you refuse to even consider it you limit yourself and your ability to learn new things. Good thing men like Tesla didn't think like you or where would we be as a society today?
It's not that it can't be considered, but it's more about the sources, the claims, the observable phenomena that get somehow tied to it and timing that makes it beyond questionable. When a motive gets slapped onto it then it's mindless. There is no benefit both combatively or reasonably as a government to controlling hurricanes by our own government affecting our own country. It's worse than bush did 9/11.

I'm not saying people haven't tried before to modify weather and yeah maybe they can make some clouds or made it rain or something but to make a full blown hurricane on a specific track is quite another story... There are some things you just can't mess with. Especially considering it is hurricane season and it happens every year. Late season Florida is usually favored anyway. Yeah it sucks Helene was one of the worst hurricanes on record but well that's just how it goes some years. They were happening hundreds of years ago and they'll continue to happen

Heck we were supposed to have twice as many storms as we've had this year. I can't even imagine how much worse the theories would be

Last edited:
The amount of stupidity in the US is both mind boggling and dangerous:

“Katie Nickolaou, a Michigan-based meteorologist, said that she and her colleagues have borne the brunt of much of these conspiracies, having received messages claiming there are category 6 hurricanes (there aren’t), that meteorologists or the government are creating and directing hurricanes (they aren’t) and even that scientists should be killed and radar equipment be demolished.”

This article is nothing more then left wing vaginal bleeding trying to toy with the emotions of its readers to garner sympathy and support.

Pass.

I'll pay attention if just one gets shot at.

I'm not saying people haven't tried before to modify weather and yeah maybe they can make some clouds or made it rain or something but to make a full blown hurricane on a specific track is quite another story... There are some things you just can't mess with. Especially considering it is hurricane season and it happens every year. Late season Florida is usually favored anyway. Yeah it sucks Helene was one of the worst hurricanes on record but well that's just how it goes some years. They were happening hundreds of years ago and they'll continue to happen

Heck we were supposed to have twice as many storms as we've had this year. I can't even imagine how much worse the theories would be
I don't know about creating weather or steering a storm because weather is chaotic but manipulation of the ingredients that create that weather is absolutely possible and is being done. We hear all the time that humans are destroying our climate and that we are the cause of all these weather related disasters. If we as humans can manipulate weather with gas and farts is it really farfetched to think we may have the ability to control certain aspects of weather to some extent? I am typing on a handheld smartphone computer right now that if I bought the things up that it can do in 1970 people would call me a batsh*t crazy conspiracy theorists.

Because it's an interesting topic to some of us. I don't understand the science aspects of it which is why I brought it up. You may not buy into these type things but our government does indeed have technology that bends the laws pf physics as we know it. If it's not ok to talk about today when is it ok in your mind?
It is interesting to discuss.. just because someone wants to discuss it doesn't mean they take it hook line and sinker. I like thinking about things that I don't know about.

It is interesting to discuss.. just because someone wants to discuss it doesn't mean they take it hook line and sinker. I like thinking about things that I don't know about.
I think it's the scale of it that freaks people out but we invented a way to split the smallest particle and turn it into a bomb. Another ancient conspiracy theory that bore fruit

If there were life on other planets, wouldn't our government have already sent them spaceships full of money?
Now that is funny.....lol. But life from other planets has been here for a very long time. Our ancient text pretty much spelled that out in the best way they knew to describe it. Text that came thousands of years before the Bible. The proof is everywhere but you have to look beyond the veil before you can ever begin to understand it

This is the latest headline from NBC News talking about FEMA not running out of money. Just last week I saw an NBC News article questioning why fema was running out of money. This is just nonsensical. You can't change your position in a week or at least admit that they were wrong originally.

This is the latest headline from NBC News talking about FEMA not running out of money. Just last week I saw an NBC News article questioning why fema was running out of money. This is just nonsensical. You can't change your position in a week or at least admit that they were wrong originally.

This is because they have no respect for their viewers, and nor should they. With the current attention spans and competency levels of many Americans, they can say and do whatever they want.

My point is you all get in a hizzy fit if anybody questions anything that goes against the official narrative.. If the official narrative a week ago was one thing and they changed it you guys don't catch it.

Back