• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Yes it was irresponsible for her to talk about the subject in the context. I agree 100%. Doesn't change the fact that this is being done one bit. Some of you refuse to even consider the validity of these controversial topics because of your hatred for someone who brought it out into the open
Is much easier to point out flaws of the flawed people that are attention seekers than to believe that there's evil people in the world. People think they have to understand everything 100%.

Yes it was irresponsible for her to talk about the subject in the context. I agree 100%. Doesn't change the fact that this is being done one bit. Some of you refuse to even consider the validity of these controversial topics because of your hatred for someone who brought it out into the open

Yes, the govt has done seeding experiments like Project Stormfury to try to weaken storms. Heck, the first one seeded was in 1947, which initially may have actually successfully weakened it as it did weaken while moving NE on a seemingly safe heading OTS. But afterward it made a sharp 135 degree left turn and hit Savannah as a restrengthening H. That initial weakening may have lowered the mean steering level enough to inadvertently allow a high to the N to steer it westward. We’ll never know. They certainly weren’t trying to get the storm to turn. They seeded only because it was seemingly moving safely OTS.
But regardless, bringing up these past experiments is a red herring to change the subject from what MTG and others are now doing for pure political purposes.

Is much easier to point out flaws of the flawed people that are attention seekers than to believe that there's evil people in the world. People think they have to understand everything 100%.
Not understanding something 100% is fine. What is not fine is filling in the blanks of what you don't understand with outright lies and BS.

Yes, the govt has done seeding experiments like Project Stormfury to try to weaken storms. Heck, the first one seeded was in 1947, which initially may have actually successfully weakened it as it did weaken while moving NE on a seemingly safe heading OTS. But afterward it made a sharp 135 degree left turn and hit Savannah as a restrengthening H. That initial weakening may have lowered the mean steering level enough to inadvertently allow a high to the N to steer it westward. We’ll never know. They certainly weren’t trying to get the storm to turn. They seeded only because it was seemingly moving safely OTS.
But regardless, bringing up these past experiments is a red herring to change the subject from what MTG and others are now doing for pure political purposes.
Yes MTG sucks buddy. We all know how much she sucks because we have been told over and over and over and over and over again since she came to congress how aweful she is. The government has technology that can manipulate weather. There are patents galore you can look up. Programs galore you can research. There are whistleblowers coming out saying the exact same things I am saying. No the Democrats aren't controlling storms with a joystick and MTG stinks which is all you really wanted to say anyways is my guess. Still, calling MTG a moron doesn't change what our own government is doing above our heads. To be sure you don't think they stopped at cloud seeding in 1947?

Cloud seeding is like taping your window before a storm. It does nothing which is why it stayed an experiment that was thrown in the bin of failures like the nuclear plane. I could patent blowing cement off the ground with some small device and fool millions with words and sell it to a crazy nutjob and soon enough be regarded as some fed and it's just a leaf blower with lights.

Oh yeah our forecasting tools have become much better since 1947 and we've also shot satellites into space since them to track them, not to control them.

Well, on the counterpoint...MSNBC just had Bill Nye "The Un-Science Guy" on to shill for Kackala. To summarize: "Don't vote for Orange Man if you want to stop Hurricanes and climate change". What a doofus. He and MTG should go eat shrooms together.

Well, on the counterpoint...MSNBC just had Bill Nye "The Un-Science Guy" on to shill for Kackala. To summarize: "Don't vote for Orange Man if you want to stop Hurricanes and climate change". What a doofus. He and MTG should go eat shrooms together.
Humans can make weather worse with oil and cars but manipulate weather? Nah nothing to see here.......The arrogance is amazing

Humans can make weather worse with oil and cars but manipulate weather? Nah nothing to see here.......The arrogance is amazing
The climate can overall be shifted slightly warmer by hundreds of years of emissions yes because it does accumulate slowly so it has some influence on the background environment. The climate will always shift but our impact in a warming cycle coincides with some influence on a more accelerated warming. Not the warmest we've ever been but we've also caused more with UHI due to so much pavement and urbanization.

We cannot just take a satellite and beam it at a hurricane or throw 1000 planes in front of a hurricane and do BS on a whim.

Again why is this all being talked about now? Election propaganda and uneducated people on social media who know nothing about meteorology and are being taken advantage of. This is an era of massive misinformation and conspiracy warfare between polarizing sides. It's all distracting BS anyway.

The climate can overall be shifted slightly warmer by hundreds of years of emissions yes because it does accumulate slowly so it has some influence on the background environment. The climate will always shift but our impact in a warming cycle coincides with some influence on a more accelerated warming. Not the warmest we've ever been but we've also caused more with UHI due to so much pavement and urbanization.

We cannot just take a satellite and beam it at a hurricane or throw 1000 planes in front of a hurricane and do BS on a whim.

Again why is this all being talked about now? Election propaganda and uneducated people on social media who know nothing about meteorology and are being taken advantage of. This is an era of massive misinformation and conspiracy warfare between polarizing sides. It's all distracting BS anyway.

I hate to agree but I have to. Where was all the conspiracy theories in 2004 when Florida had 4 hurricanes in 6 weeks... It was also an election year. Or in 2020 when we had Laura and Sally and Zeta all hitting the US during the final weeks before an election. I've been tracking hurricanes since before the Internet existed and I've never read the crap I've read in the last two weeks and it's really making me angry tbh. Like I'm supposed to believe the government can steer a hurricane but it can't balance a budget or end covid like Biden promised to do 4 years ago

Like I want the Republicans to win the election more than anything but we're not gonna win if we keep focusing on these dumb conspiracy theories

/End rant

Because it's an interesting topic to some of us. I don't understand the science aspects of it which is why I brought it up. You may not buy into these type things but our government does indeed have technology that bends the laws pf physics as we know it. If it's not ok to talk about today when is it ok in your mind?

The thing is there is plenty to vote on besides morality and weather, regardless if I support weather manipulation or not

I hate to agree but I have to. Where was all the conspiracy theories in 2004 when Florida had 4 hurricanes in 6 weeks... It was also an election year. Or in 2020 when we had Laura and Sally and Zeta all hitting the US during the final weeks before an election. I've been tracking hurricanes since before the Internet existed and I've never read the crap I've read in the last two weeks and it's really making me angry tbh

Like I want the Republicans to win the election but we're not gonna win if we keep focusing on these dumb conspiracy theories
I am not looking at this from a political POV. It may have started that way with the MTG nonsense that was posted (I didn't post that) but way too many weird things happening with the weather the last few years for me to just ignore

I hate to agree but I have to. Where was all the conspiracy theories in 2004 when Florida had 4 hurricanes in 6 weeks... It was also an election year. Or in 2020 when we had Laura and Sally and Zeta all hitting the US during the final weeks before an election. I've been tracking hurricanes since before the Internet existed and I've never read the crap I've read in the last two weeks and it's really making me angry tbh. Like I'm supposed to believe the government can steer a hurricane but it can't balance a budget or end covid like Biden promised to do 4 years ago

Like I want the Republicans to win the election but we're not gonna win if we keep focusing on these dumb conspiracy theories
I think it’s fine to focus on that stuff, really isn’t an election agenda though. I just don’t see what it has to do with this current political election cycle.

Still warrants discussion though.

I think it’s fine to focus on that stuff, really isn’t an election agenda though. I just don’t see what it has to do with this current political election cycle.

Still warrants discussion though.
I blocked a friend of mine yesterday because they kept sending me weird conspiracy crap about how planes redirected Helene's path. Really??? Why would they redirect it off the NHC forecast when the NHC gets graded for their forecasts

Like come on... Let's focus on the grocery prices or the inflation or the border not this crap

Because it's an interesting topic to some of us. I don't understand the science aspects of it which is why I brought it up. You may not buy into these type things but our government does indeed have technology that bends the laws pf physics as we know it. If it's not ok to talk about today when is it ok in your mind?
Fiction can be interesting in the worldbuilding itself. Someone out there wove a massive story that can be rational under a few assumptions that can easily convince someone. Does it make it real? No. It makes it an interesting topic but it stays more in the hypothetical but not realistic category.

Back