• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Most machines from 20yrs ago are better regardless of brand, don't make em like they use to.
Planned obsolescence to the extreme due to late capitalism. Can't get infinite growth when your product no longer can innovate so you sell worse for more and work in subscriptions to everything to keep profit high. This is why I'd rather invest in building my own furniture eventually than buy crapboard furniture where possible. A lot of products were built better 50+ years ago when the selling point was longer life and more durability.

The lightbulb was one of the first things to do this too and still does even with LEDs.

Planned obsolescence to the extreme due to late capitalism. Can't get infinite growth when your product no longer can innovate so you sell worse for more and work in subscriptions to everything to keep profit high. This is why I'd rather invest in building my own furniture eventually than buy crapboard furniture where possible. A lot of products were built better 50+ years ago when the selling point was longer life and more durability.

The lightbulb was one of the first things to do this too and still does even with LEDs.
My radio is a technics made in 1979. It has 30watts per channel and blows any new Sony receiver listed at 800watts away. Is what it is. When JC Penny and Sears were having their battle for top retailer, their quality controls were top notch.

I am putting this here because I think it is 100% political, it's 100% real and it will 100% tie a LOT of things together that are happening if you watch it with an open mind and watch the ENTIRE THING. I will explain later why I have every reason to believe it's real. Ashton Forbes has been on this for a very long time and he has in my opinion, nailed it! Flight MH370

I am putting this here because I think it is 100% political, it's 100% real and it will 100% tie a LOT of things together that are happening if you watch it with an open mind and watch the ENTIRE THING. I will explain later why I have every reason to believe it's real. Ashton Forbes has been on this for a very long time and he has in my opinion, nailed it! Flight MH370

Can you give a summary of what it's talking about?

Can you give a summary of what it's talking about?
We have anti gravity technology that we have been lied to about by lockheed (most likely). This airplane disappeared in thin air because we used that technology to make it happen. Yes it's far fetched but watch the video because it will blow you away why our military did it. If this were to get out from someone like say, Donald Trump a lot of people would go to prison and we have brought out into the open a technology we posses that could change our world as we know it. Not asking you to buy it or sale it but WATCH IT! Then make your mind up. Rememebr what I told you.....Something big is going to happen in the next 2 years

We have anti gravity technology that we have been lied to about by lockheed (most likely). This airplane disappeared in thin air because we used that technology to make it happen. Yes it's far fetched but watch the video because it will blow you away why our military did it. If this were to get out from someone like say, Donald Trump a lot of people would go to prison and we have brought out into the open a technology we posses that could change our world as we know it. Not asking you to buy it or sale it but WATCH IT! Then make your mind up. Rememebr what I told you.....Something big is going to happen in the next 2 years
Thank you.. working a lot today just did not have time to watch a whole video but that sounds interesting I might watch it if I get a chance later on sometime. I do believe they have technology like that for sure.

Thank you.. working a lot today just did not have time to watch a whole video but that sounds interesting I might watch it if I get a chance later on sometime. I do believe they have technology like that for sure.
Watch it when you can watch the entire thing ;-).....I have spent months looking at this. It's going to come out at some point and I really think I know who is going to do it!

My radio is a technics made in 1979. It has 30watts per channel and blows any new Sony receiver listed at 800watts away. Is what it is. When JC Penny and Sears were having their battle for top retailer, their quality controls were top notch.
I still have a Radio Shack Realistic eight channel crystal scanner that I received as a Christmas present in 1978 that still works today. That scanner got a lot of use keeping tabs on tropical weather, severe weather and winter weather events before the internet and technology we have today came into use through NOAA weather broadcasts.

Did you see the info on early mail in voting? Seems there is a new voting group leading the way and it isn't Democrats. Glad respublicans got the message
Yeah I saw that especially Pennsylvania and North Carolina I saw a video on both. Something's different this year for sure and something's up.

Exactly why I became a woodworker.

Yeah I saw that especially Pennsylvania and North Carolina I saw a video on both. Something's different this year for sure and something's up.
We are being lied to on a level we have never seen. When you get to that video I put up your are gonna see exactly why they want him gone. I am 100% convinced of it

Briggs on the Craftsman. No idea on the JD. I don't have a problem with the motor. It's the general ride, the feel, the way it cuts, the entirety of the experience.

To preface: My yard is many acres and basically briars and a jungle.

I have an old Briggs Intek engine from 2005..

They are aluminum blocks with lots of known problems. Such as the heads having the valve guides back out due to heat. I had that happen to one head.. bent the pushrods and everything.

Anyways. I replaced that head and the other has been holding up.

I just had to tear the engine open for the first time to replace the sump gasket because it was leaking oil (after 20 years and almost 2,000 hours or engine hours) and considering I have a model with a horrible air filtration system, everything looked very good.

The only issue I saw dealing with the block itself was the sump cover itself was scratched up and had some hairline cracks. AFTER 20 YEARS IN THIS YARD AND MINIMUM MAINTENANCE.

The point I am making here is that if that engine was made in Mexico it would have been broken by now.

Back