• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Why are we in 2024 having such an issue with such a simple process? Seriously?

Good question. I don’t know. One guess is that due to more concern than ever about making sure every vote is from a registered voter and not a duplicate, the vote counters are taking longer to minimize voter fraud. Does that seem possible to you?

People are getting more and more unstable and nobody cares about the mental health side of these incidents. It always gets blocked by noise of conspiracy or politics but you don't get focus on the mental health. Polarized people who have poor mental health will resort to these acts and that's most likely what happened here.
Who says they don't care? Who?!

Maybe the FBI and ATF should do a better job on enforcement. Maybe focus on hiring qualified agents and officers, spend the time and money to properly train them as well as provide the resources to carryout their duties, instead of being focused on DEI hirings. Instead of defunding the police policies and actions.
Dems don’t want that. They have already been given billions for this.

I'm done with you. This is the most racist and out of line statement you could make. You're full of it and nothing but a closet racist troll

That’s what people mean when you say “DEI hire”. You mean that only white men can be capable of doing a job. They just don’t have the courage to say that in many cases.

If you don’t like that, don’t say it and people won’t assume it.

People are getting more and more unstable and nobody cares about the mental health side of these incidents. It always gets blocked by noise of conspiracy or politics but you don't get focus on the mental health. Polarized people who have poor mental health will resort to these acts and that's most likely what happened here.
These people are being told a candidate needs to be stopped by any means necessary or you’ll be forced to live under a dictator by other prominent politicians. They probably feel like they’ll be a hero if they carry it out.

Only a leftist lunatic could take a former POTUS 2nd assassination attempt and turn it into a victim racist discussion. You've demanded, talked down to and added nothing of worth to this whole political debate. This will be my last comment to you.
You’re the one that went off about “DEI officers”. I’m telling you what the rest of the world assumes when they see people who use that term and you don’t like it.

I don’t want trump shot no more than any of his supporters would. I’m simply asking how did someone so clearly mentally ill have such easy access to a powerful weapon.

Who says they don't care? Who?!
Actions say they don't of those in power. Instead we jump to "the gun must be banned" but every step to stopping mental health issues gets disrupted by strawmen of what causes it. Drug companies, some politician's statements, stuff like that. The actions taken never solve the issue and only talk of banning weapons or restricting social media came of it. It never comes back to the causes which always vary, but almost always tie back into either a poor home life, harassment at some point in life, poor financial situations, or some form of abuse. Don't take it the wrong way but definitely Trump's rhetoric makes him a negative role model for some people with how he behaves, and many more out there are worse and contribute to this instability. Division and instability are going to screw us over and we just have to stop looking to the politicians to do it for us and look to ourselves instead to unify our nation.

Wouldn’t it make sense to take their time to make sure the votes are counted accurately? Wouldn’t rushing through the count increase the chance for errors? This should not be a partisan issue. What you’re saying sounds counterintuitive.
The question you should be asking is why can some places do this simple task while others can't. The counties that have issues are always big blue counties. I thought people in blue counties were more educated than rural counties but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The question you should be asking is why can some places do this simple task while others can't. The counties that have issues are always big blue counties. I thought people in blue counties were more educated than rural counties but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I mean we do financially carry yall on our backs.

Better go down to Birmingham or Huntsville and say thanks.

You’re the one that went off about “DEI officers”. I’m telling you what the rest of the world assumes when they see people who use that term and you don’t like it.

I don’t want trump shot no more than any of his supporters would. I’m simply asking how did someone so clearly mentally ill have such easy access to a powerful weapon.
So you managed to do an analysis of this dude's mental state in 1 hour of online sleuthing? Amazing......

Actions say they don't of those in power. Instead we jump to "the gun must be banned" but every step to stopping mental health issues gets disrupted by strawmen of what causes it. Drug companies, some politician's statements, stuff like that. The actions taken never solve the issue and only talk of banning weapons or restricting social media came of it. It never comes back to the causes which always vary, but almost always tie back into either a poor home life, harassment at some point in life, poor financial situations, or some form of abuse. Don't take it the wrong way but definitely Trump's rhetoric makes him a negative role model for some people with how he behaves, and many more out there are worse and contribute to this instability. Division and instability are going to screw us over and we just have to stop looking to the politicians to do it for us and look to ourselves instead to unify our nation.
My bad, I thought you were referring to people on here. I think most agree we have a serious MH issue in this country

Back